RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need even more help since i am biiiig noob

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Etc i create a trigger lets say when u pass it u meet the first boss then after you kil him the trigger is off (GOOD) but if u rejoin the map the trigger is operational again how to disable it permanent after it has been triggered?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Learn about switches and variables.

Rep:
Level 88

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
And where do i do that? i want a easy/basic one

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
...Just at the end of the first event (please stop calling them triggers, it's confusing me ; ; ) make it so Local Switch A is turned on, then create another page for that event with the precondition of Local Switch A being on. Leave that page blank. Done and dusted.

I'm far to nice <_<;

Rep:
Level 88
The one I just linked you to is about as easy & basic as it gets :P
http://yamisiterawr.com/battleswitch.php

Rep:
Level 88
Not sure what you mean by trigger. How I do bosses:

Set an event, choose a graphic (usually, depends) alternatively you can make it a cut scene before boss type of fight, up to you really. In that event set a conditional branch - set it as local switch A is off (execute custom handler on or off, doesn't matter for a boss I don't think).

Now this boss is blocking the way so you have to encounter him. So I've set him as Hero Touch. When you touch him the local switch A will be off and when the switch is off make sure the following happens:

Change Battle BGM for the boss music
Then Enemy Encounter for the boss (custom defeat handler I have on)

Now when you defeat the boss, make sure that:

Change Battle BGM for the normal battle music
Local Switch A = ON

Create a new page. On this page have the preconditions as "Local Switch A = ON", and have Local Switch A = ON as the only thing in the event list for this second page (has to be the second page I think). Have the graphic as nothing, and the event as parallel process. Now when you leave the map and return the game remembers that for this event Local Switch A = ON. Same way to create treasure chests that don't reappear. Local Switches are sex.

Hope that hopes. :)

EDIT: Friggin' hell. >:(

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
i posted hmm some sec after you did so i dident see your post :o

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
trigger = event I assume.

Rep:
Level 88
Yami with your tutorial use Local Switches. They work better and keeps it clean. Apart from that your tutorials are the best.  ;)

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
I find local switches much easier to use then variables, I only use a few variables in my whole game lol.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Well i got it working now thanks :)

Rep:
Level 88
Variables I don't know how to use. Switches can store the same stuff anyway?

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
No problem, and btw you probably shouldn't say you are a n00b in the title 'cause then some people might not help out. Sad as it is, it's true lol. If you have any small issues like this and need help with them feel free to PM me of Yami (Im sure she's happy to help! lol).

Take care,
Darico

EDIT:
Variables I don't know how to use. Switches can store the same stuff anyway?
Actually, there is a fine line between switches and variables. Variables can do things that would require multiple switches which can increase lag and game size. It's also a ton easier! lol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:06:53 PM by Darico »

Rep:
Level 88
I would say Thanks, but you probably used Yami's.... she bet me. >:(