RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RESOLVED)DDR Script

Rep:
Level 90
Say it with me, 16 year old alcoholic.
Is there some kind of script where you have to press buttons when they come up on the screen
or something? I really need it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:22:34 PM by LiLTreLL1217 »

Owner of ChaosDreamz© Productions.
Progress of:
Silent Dynasty©-Death Nightmare       
Storyline:  |||||||||| [62%]
Mapping:    |||||||||| [3%]
Scripting:  |||||||||| [1%]
Database:   |||||||||| [1%]
Audio:      |||||||||| [1%]
Overall:    ||||||||||[3%]
Demo:    ||||||||||[75%]

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
You mean like a mini-game or something?

Rep:
Level 90
it'll be activated during battle when you use scrolls

Progress of:

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I don't get it... Can you explain it in more detail please?

pokeball KanOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Mapping expert.
I think he mean that during a battle you can use a item called a "scroll" and when you do, you need to push some arrows or something like that, like, "Hero 1's turn: Command: Use Item: Scroll and then a screen pops up and you have to push the up, down, then left arrow buttons.

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
what he wants to do is when you use a scroll you have to hit a proper combination of buttons to successfully use the item and hurt or heal etc.

MOD

LOL Same time response
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Rep:
Level 88
Shut up and leave me alone!
I would actually like to see an actually DDR Script not for battle, but just as a mini game. And have your player move to the arrows you press. Now that would be cool.
Hi...

Rep:
Level 90
what he wants to do is when you use a scroll you have to hit a proper combination of buttons to successfully use the item and hurt or heal etc.

MOD

LOL Same time response

exactly does anyone wanna try to make this script for me? in return i can do custum edits for you. i can do auto tiles, character edits, tileset add-on just about anything. i NEED this script badly.

Progress of:

Rep:
Level 90
BUMP is there anyone working on this or searching for it?

Progress of:

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
why dont you PM blizzard, apparently he is really good at scripting and i don't know how hard it would be to do this but in all of the coding languages i know this would be very easy
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No scripting necessary. You can do it with Common Events. Just make an item that calls that specific common event. The pictures are of arrows. You can adjust times and add different buttons to make it more difficult. The biggest problem with this is that you would need separate common events for each scroll, which may be a problem depending on how many scrolls you want to make. In this case, success gives you 5 extra levels.

If you are going to put two of the same action in a row (as with the downs in the example), you would ideally make the pic flicker a little, that isn't hard to do, just erase, wait a couple frames, and remake
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 06:13:41 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
No scripting necessary. You can do it with Common Events. Just make an item that calls that specific common event. The pictures are of arrows. You can adjust times and add different buttons to make it more difficult. The biggest problem with this is that you would need separate common events for each scroll, which may be a problem depending on how many scrolls you want to make. In this case, success gives you 5 extra levels.

If you are going to put two of the same action in a row (as with the downs in the example), you would ideally make the pic flicker a little, that isn't hard to do, just erase, wait a couple frames, and remake

Exactly what i was about to say.

Rep:
Level 90
thanks and ikinda cahnged the use ofthis script.im not using it for scrolls instead im using it for techniques. im not sure what to call them yet but its will resemble the "Jutsu" of Naruto. I have the bases for the hand motions already drawn out. i will take pictures of all the hard motion, for each base (im making aabout 30 bases), and i will edit the pictures with gimp so they dont look like its just my hands lol but thank u everyone for helping me  solve my problem so i can continue my game.

Progress of: