RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A Preface On Intelligent Debate

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
that's quite true...however...someone like JH, will more often post rubbish...

It's an excellent idea. Well done Zypher
He has posted many good topics ( I think ) if not, he debates well.

The problem: Mods having to move bad post out of the intelligent debate section.

Solution: Post them some were else so the Mods can move them back in.

There is no difference in moving bad posts out or moving good ones in. It just SOUNDS like a solution.

Pretty much agree, which is why I made the change with a "=/" face, and will probably reverse it after a while.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
Either way there is gonna be stupid topics I suppose. It's just kind of like a meh change. And people probably won't intelligently discuss something in General Chat, which means no topics will be moved and Intelligent Debate will cease to be active.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Being able to spell should also be a prerequisite for posting here.

Just cuz you can't spell doesn't mean your opinions are not Vaild or that your not intelligent.

I agree people should check to if a thread has already been made though:-

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,10691.0.html (Made « on: January 02, 2007, 08:03:20 AM ») - By Angelic_Diablo

And this one:-

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,1719.0.html (Made « on: February 19, 2006, 07:25:49 PM ») - By Landofshadows

IDEA
How about this for an idea making the Intelligent Debate Forum a privallige, should people spam it up or use insults rather than debtaing you take the privillage away so they can't enter... Bit like the MOD forum, give us all acess and slowly Ban the people making it a shite hole.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
People should check if a topic has already been made...

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,10691.0.html (Made « on: January 02, 2007, 08:03:20 AM ») - By Angelic_Diablo

And this one:-

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,1719.0.html (Made « on: February 19, 2006, 07:25:49 PM ») - By Landofshadows

IDEA
How about this for an idea making the Intelligent Debate Forum a privallige, should people spam it up or use insults rather than debtaing you take the privillage away so they can't enter... Bit like the MOD forum, give us all acess and slowly Ban the people making it a shite hole.

(said the same in the preface topic... In away these two Stickies cover the same stuff...)

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
IDEA
Better then what they're doing now, but sounds a little to complex.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
IDEA

(said the same in the preface topic... In away these two Stickies cover the same stuff...)
Stop making me clone post!!

It sounds better then what they're doing now, but it's a bit to complex to be feasible.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Nah its Easy...

They make Intelligent debate only viewable if you have a certain field flagged for example Call it Brain Box (or BB)... Give every one BB status, and take it away should they start being an Ass...

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think they should Merge these two posts... They have gone and done some thing they are telling us not to do... Lead by example... Some one should Merge the two Topics...

And I have the same problem as you now... LOL Clone posting...

It sounds better then what they're doing now, but it's a bit to complex to be feasible.

Nah its Easy...

They make Intelligent debate only viewable if you have a certain field flagged for example Call it Brain Box (or BB)... Give every one BB status, and take it away should they start being an Ass...

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Nah its Easy...

If it is easy, then I do think it's a good idea.

"Warning. While you were posting 21 new replies have been made" lol! :lol:

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Baldness of the Apostles - is a bit on the Shite side... Only cuz I just posted in it though... If they are going Bald they should just wear hats... End of...LOL

LOL xD
Funny stuff. Once again, I was on a mentally induced high.

Also - I like the idea of a promotion rather than demotion system. Although the choices made could not be biased. For example, if a popular member makes a topic discussing whether blue or green is a better color, it should not be put into intelligent debate simply because they made it. Nor an intelligent debate  left in General chat because a lesser known member made it. Or intelligent debates being ignored because they hit touchy subjects.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
Baldness of the Apostles - is a bit on the Shite side... Only cuz I just posted in it though... If they are going Bald they should just wear hats... End of...LOL

LOL xD
Funny stuff. Once again, I was on a mentally induced high.

Also - I like the idea of a promotion rather than demotion system. Although the choices made could not be biased. For example, if a popular member makes a topic discussing whether blue or green is a better color, it should not be put into intelligent debate simply because they made it. Nor an intelligent debate  left in General chat because a lesser known member made it. Or intelligent debates being ignored because they hit touchy subjects.

You're right. Stupid questions belong in the spam and will stay like that.

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Without trying to offend anyone, I think its kind of funny that Zypher is the one that has to tell you not to post stupid shit in here. Not that he's ever spammed up a thread before. Also, making normal people unable to post new topics raises the fascism meter 10 points. I understand where you're coming from with having to delete stupid topics and such, but if someone legitimately wants to talk about something, they have no way to post it short of asking a mod to do it for them. But then again, I'm just a ranting idiot, so you should probably pay no mind to me. CONTINUE AS YOU WERE.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'd forgotten all about that =o

Pretty much agree, which is why I made the change with a "=/" face, and will probably reverse it after a while.

/while
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
but if someone legitimately wants to talk about something, they have no way to post it short of asking a mod to do it for them.

You have the General Chat section. ::)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You speak to me as if i am a lesser being than you, and my opinions on "intelligent debate" mean less than yours. Of course there is general chat, but that's like having meaningful conversation with a wallow of pigs: Nobody understands, and pretty soon, someone is going to throw a heap of garbage into the mix.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I want to talk about how cookies are made and I just post it in Intelligent Debate. You think this makes sense?! It's not on us to judge what is intelligent and what is not, but to decide if it belongs there or not. The problem is that somebody will post something that he might think it is intelligent, but it isn't. And it isn't called debate just for fun.

Of course there is general chat, but that's like having meaningful conversation with a wallow of pigs: Nobody understands, and pretty soon, someone is going to throw a heap of garbage into the mix.

Do you want to say, General Chat is more likely to be spammed up? I have been here long enough to know this isn't not true. Just look at the recent posts by Elegy in Intelligent Debate. =/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:07:54 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The problem is the psychology behind the forum. When people see Intelligent Debate, they feel obliged to make a thread about religion or government or the same exact bullshit we always see just because they think it makes them look intelligent. THAT is what I hoped to put a stop to with my proposition.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
And that, too. Yes, Zypher.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Here's an idea:

If it's NOT ABOUT RELIGION, DON'T TALK ABOUT THE BIBLE.

If it's ABOUT SCIENCE, DON'T TRY TO DISPROVE IT WITH RELIGION.

One cannot effect the other anyway, as one cannot disprove the other, so bringing up either outside of a related topic in the form of an argument is inane, and furthermore, completely ignorant.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Lol, looks like Silverline enabled posting in Intelligent Debate again, since people are posting new topics there which we, the mod, have to move again. =/
Visit our website.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Stop complaining, you would of had to have moved them from general chat to here anyway, now your just moving them back. It's the same amount of work, it just seems like more because people stoped posting intelligent threads because of the tyranny of previously locking this section.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Stop complaining, you would of had to have moved them from general chat to here anyway, now your just moving them back. It's the same amount of work, it just seems like more because people stoped posting intelligent threads because of the tyranny of previously locking this section.

The problem is the psychology behind the forum. When people see Intelligent Debate, they feel obliged to make a thread about religion or government or the same exact bullshit we always see just because they think it makes them look intelligent. THAT is what I hoped to put a stop to with my proposition.

It's not the same amount of work =/

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
The two topics I moved today won't become intelligent debate for sure. =/
Visit our website.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
So how long is it until this will be moved to general chat?  I think me being here is the harbringer of the apocolypse.