RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ZOMG! It'z Puzzlez!!

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Anymore guesses?  ;8

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
YAY!
The answer to the bellboy and the dollar

See the cashier had 30 gave the bellboy 5 to give the men back
so the bell boy gave the cashier 2 back which makes 27$ AND THEN HE GAVE THE MEN $3 EACH SO 27+3=30$

so the dollar never GOT MISSING! YOU JSUT CONFUSED US.

AM I RIGHT?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
ZOMG!! Nightwolf got it when no-one else did! :o :o

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
33. You wouldn't add to the number for the bell boy, you would subtract. They gave thirty dollars to the manager. Five of which were SUPPOSED TO BE returned.

So the manager gives back five, leaving himself with                                              (25)
The bell boy pockets two.                                                                                        (02)
The men get three.                                                                                                  (03)

You wouldn't add to the number twenty seven- that would be accounting for the bell boy's money twice.

EDIT: DAMN IT RIGHT WHEN I GOT THE ANSWER I WAS GONNA POST IT AS SOON AS I GOT HOME DAMNIT  DAMNIT DAMNIT~!

Good job nightwolf. ;D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Thanks, i was trying to say something like that, but you know i cant frame a really long sentence when im like

"OH FUK I GOT IT! YAAAY! GOTTA POST FAST FAST!"
or
"Oh Leave the Grammer"
Arlen is hot.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I got one

1 = 0.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

How comes ^^ ?

And i know 35
 the last is "enter the selections !"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:12:09 PM by Snailer »

Rep:
Level 89
No to 35. and I'll answer the 1 = 0.999 when I get home from school.

Rep:
Level 89
Be not black ?

No again.

Now in response to YOUR question. Let me start out by saying it's wrong. 0.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 DOES NOT equal 1. However, 0.9 repeating DOES equal 1.

Here's a site to prove it. ;8 http://polymathematics.typepad.com/polymath/2006/06/no_im_sorry_it_.html

Rep:
Level 89
That whole "infinite .9's repeating equals one" is still up for debate, it hasn't really been agreed on. I, for one, don't agree with it. I've read all the debates, and I even read that site you linked to, but I feel their logic is faulty, in that they fail to grasp the real concept of infinity.

They go off the idea that .9 repeating forever is a number, but it's not, it's a concept. Specifically, the concept of the the number closest to 1, but not actually 1.

For example, the guy says, "If it doesn't equal 1, then what is the number halfway between it and 1?" which is absurd, and shows this guy doesn't grasp the idea of infinite. What if you asked, "What number is halfway between 15 and infinity?" Those infinite .9's aren't a number you find averages with, it's a concept, like infinity.

Though, that's just my humble opinion.

Rep:
Level 89
Anyway... We can discuss this in a whole other topic. This is for my puzzles.  ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
35= Has not been the President for more then three terms...or four...

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Is that right? We may never know....

Unless Lominisio replies anyway.

Rep:
Level 89
Meh. It's taking too long. I'll add spoilers to the rest of them. Solved by Lominisio. :P

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.

Rep:
Level 89
I added another question. I made this one slightly harder as I'm busy working on my pokémon game. :P

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Highest marks to a boy =8
As only then can the girl get lowest which is 1 and 1 more one
or 10 and the other two get 0

MAN UR GOOD! nice question, cant find the answer
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
Highest marks to a boy =8
As only then can the girl get lowest which is 1 and 1 more one
or 10 and the other two get 0

MAN UR GOOD! nice question, cant find the answer

Lowest a girl got was 3. :)

Remember that they sit in a square

0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

And each line adds up to the same number

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Then boy wouldve got 7

LOMINISO I HATE YOU YOU HEARBREAKER1 <\3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
That's wrong. But you still need to prove it.

In order to prove it you need to show where each person was sitting and what marks they got.

0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

Rep:
Level 89
I'm slightly confused. You say in the question the teacher is male ("he noticed that"), but I can't figure it out without the teacher being female. On the off chance the teacher is a woman dressed as a man or something, I got it to work like this:

4  3  8
9  5  1  <-- With this one being boy, girl, boy, and why it won't work with a male teacher
2  7  6

So, the highest mark for a boy would be 9. If the teacher really is male, though, I can't yet come up with the right arrangement, and unless I'm missing something, I can't think of one there could be. 3 needs to be across from 7, and neither 3 nor 7 can be in the same row as 9, so 3 and 7 can't be on the diagnols, and thus neither can 1 or 9.  If 3 and 7 are vertical, like I have them, 9 and 1 are horizontal, but if the teacher is male, those are both girls, and they can't score less than 1. So, if 3 and 7 are horizontal, 9 has to be in the top row, since that's the girl's row, and can't have the 1. The problem there is the 2 and 4 have to be next to 9 (Since 8 or 6 is too much), and that puts 2 in the girl's row, which again breaks the rule.

Oh, and how I got the numbers in the first place: From 1-9, every number has a pair that adds up to 10, except for 5 (i.e. 1+9, 2+8, 3+7, 4+6, 5), so I put 5 in the middle, and all the pairs on either side, so they'd add up to 15 all around. Getting them spun the right way was trial and error.