RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Some networking help.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok, so heres the issue:My computer is directly connected to the router, my laptop is down the hall wireless connected with a wireless laptop card. Next to the laptop is my xbox 360. The laptop has an open enternet port, since its connected using the wireless card. (the laptop also has the printer connected to it)

Right now the problem is: when I click share the wireless internet connection on the laptop, I cannot access the laptop from my computer (the desktop direectly connected to the router) but the xbox can then connect online using the enternet jack on the laptop.

so how can I get it so that: The laptop can be accessd from my computer, while the xbox is connected to the laptops spare enternet jack and using its internet connection?

thanks.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
if you want to connect...there is special hardware and software that you need that allows you to control the laptop remotely. Thus seeing the desk top.

However, Xbox, uses a connection to the internet. Note how you can't see what's on screen. You don't have a problem just a slight confusion. Check the microsoft help...unless you're using mac and then i can't help you. Remote viewing or something like that.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no, I can go on the laptop fine right now (use its printer, use its files) the problem is:

when I click share on the laptops wireless internet connection, and then plug in the xbox into its spare enternet port, I get kicked off the network, but then the xbox can go online perfect.

How can I get both to work?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
you made a new internet group for your home yet ?
And add them all to that