RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Music composing contest - Rules/Start

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Music composing contest - Rules and Guidelines

The Judges

Nouman6
GilgameshRO
BanisherOfEden
Darkelementwars

Each song will be judged by each judge

Judges may enter the contest.

Rules for Submitting a Song

• All songs must be in by January 18th
  • You may use a sing you have already created
  • All songs must be PMed to Nouman6, who will post them on judging day Jan 19th without the name of the creator, and only a number. Please upload your song, and then send it.

Rules

Each Contestant may submit one song.
  • Song must be over 30sec's and can be as long as you wish.
  • There is no theme for this contest, you may make the song to your own liking

How songs will be Judged

• Judges will give an overall score of 15, grading scale:
  • 5 points for rhythm, 5 points for Atmosphere, 5 Points for instrumentation.
  • Judges will not know the person who created the song. Only Nouman will know the creators, but he will not base his scores on the creator.

Questions? Comments? please post here, but do not post your song.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:29:46 PM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm in. Now I've just got to figure out what to write...
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
No longer than 3 minutes? That's kinda harsh. =\

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
No longer than 3 minutes? That's kinda harsh. =\

what do you think the max should be?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
There shouldn't be one. And judging on rhythm? That's stupid. How are you going to do that? And why only have two judges judge a song? That doesn't seem to make sense to me, but I guess that one's ok.

Change the maximum limit to something like "unlimited", then I'm in.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:42:47 PM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sure, and what do you think we should judge on?

Rep:
Level 96
I'd say the max should be upwards of 5 or 6 minutes, because nobody's gonna want to listen to a bunch of 20 minute long symphonies.

And I like the idea of judging on rhythm, or in other words, on how well the piece flows.

And saying "proper instruments" sounds weird, but I know you meant to say "instrumentation" so it's all good.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Judge whatever you want. I'd say musicality, as that would cover many of the important aspects. (Does the song make musical sense? Does the song invoke emotion? Does the song seem to have a natural progression, or does it feel forced?) Rhythm in the sense of musicality is more fitting.

Then again, if you got songs in this contest that are more rock or techno, then a lot of that doesn't apply.

So judge whatever you think is best, whatever makes sense to you to judge.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Acousticks (like use of Speakers, movement of sound) That could be a judging factor...

Also if the submitter states what the song is for or the idea behind it... IE Jesus Hitler may enter some thing like A German March with a singing Choir of Angels over the top and call it his theme tune to his name or some thing... Or I could enter some thing that I made for getting me to sleep a Relaxing mellow track... So Belonging could may be a factor...

Originallity... Songs made from samples made them selves or usin their own intruments rather than jumping on the Net or stringing Wav files from songs and films together...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 96
I'm pretty sure most, if not all of us, already intend on actually creating the music ourselves instead of sampling wav files.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm so in on this too.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Im gonna do this too, though im gonna loose..

BUT I HAVE CONFIDENCE
which doesnt do anything 2-2
Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I'll enter, but I will cut my 6+ minutes song down to about 3 or 4 or something like that, so you don't have to listen to a 6 minutes "symphony". ;8
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:07:14 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I get the idea we're all going to know who has written what, without being told ;8
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
That's because people don't follow what Nouman wrote.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, it'll be pretty obvious. I don't see why it matters though ?_?

The only way anyone could have doubts is if Nouman re-uploaded the songs into Megaupload or something, otherwise it'll be obvious considering mine and zypher's songs will be uploaded to our crankeye.org thing.

And then there's the whole issue with we all know what each other's music sounds like.

Still, I don't see why it matters if the judges know who wrote what. Anyway, I sent my song to Nouman already, even though this is pretty poorly organized. Every one of use will probably be writing in a different genre, and BOE is a judge.

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
True. Now I only wonder what is accepted? Real sound or MIDI? OR both?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Both I guess.

And I was referring to that we all pretty much are accustomed to each others style :3

You show me a bare (stripped of any tags) song by zypher, one by halo, and one by arlen, and I could probably sort them as to who wrote what. And I guess the other guys could do it too =o
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Oh God, when the judges hear my song it will be so what of obvious that I made it...
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Okay im pming nouman my song @_@
Arlen is hot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I just started today. Getting some good progress on it. Gotta work on it lots tomorrow. (Homework first though, blegh)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
I won't be done with this until the very last minute.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
hope its good hope its good
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm dropping out. The piece I'm working on doesn't want to finish itself, and I keep working on other stuff instead.

Sry.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's okay dude I still love you