RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Beginning and end I have a problem

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Yeah so my games are generally physicall representations of my daydreams. The only problem is my Daydreams only really cover the really cool stuff the beginning and end. I basically have made tons of game beginnings but once I get out of the first town and I'm into the world map I get overwhelmed and stop.I've tried to use clasic game ideas on what to do next but then the "original" monster inside me yells, that I'm being so lame. yup...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:20:59 AM by boe »
~AJM~

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Try making an outline of the entire plot to your story, and then slowly subdivide it.

-Game begins
-Truth is realized. Storyline is revealed as having a much greater scope than originally thought.
-Powers are given. Hero realizes who he really is, and what he is truly capable of.
-Final Battle

And then tackle each part individually.

-Game begins. Why? How? For what reason?
--Hero has no idea what's going on.
--Routine missions for a bit and then hell breaks loose.

And then expand on those, separately.

-Game beings
--Hero has no idea what's going on.
---He's an oblivious grunt who is unknowingly helping the enemy.
---How did he get there? How long will he be there?
--Routine missions for a bit, and then hell breaks loose.
---Hero feels something is wrong.
---Escape from the enemies' hands and start your own adventure.
---Where does he go next? Why?

I'm not giving the best examples, I suppose, but I think you know what I mean.

Before I even started on my game (which I am not going to finish in RPGMaker, but whatever) I had a TON of word and notepad files about characters, and specifics on the storyline, the setting, even files about specific scenes that I came up with that I didn't want to forget. But I had one HUGE file that outlines the entire story. Not all of it, but bits and pieces that I kept expanding and detailing as time went on. And THEN I started using RPGMaker.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:56:44 PM by arlenreyb »

:tinysmile::tinysmile: