RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Request: Real Time Combat

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
What if it snowed in San Francisco?
Yes I used the search function. Didn't find what I was looking for.

Yes I also searched rmxp.net or whatever the site was called. I tried Mr. Mo's, but it didn't work.

I need something for Real Time Combat (i.e. LoZ) That allows for the following things:
Real Time Combat, Obviously
Jumping
Flying Enemies
Ranged Attacking
"Seamless" Combat (No random battles, you just sort of walk up to it like in an MMO)

Read the top of the post before you flame me. I did search.
Current project:
Chaos Angelix - ~5% complete

pokeball GAXOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 88
The Laughing Man
Do you mean Active Time Battle as in World of Warcraft and Legend of Zelda, or Real Time Active Battle like in Final Fantasy?
Stand alone from mainstream society, be the different voice in a world where all speak the same.  Beat not to the rythm of the same drum, make your own rythm and follow it.  Individuality is the method by which we people live, the factor which keeps us from a hive mind, a singularity.  Instrumentality is not key, the key is accepting the difference of people and allowing their differences to flourish, not to suppress these differences and make everyone equal, for in pure equality, we lose what makes us who we are, our humanity.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

It says I can't open it due to incompatibility between software versions.
Current project:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Make a new project, copy the rxproj file, paste and replace the one in the folder.

rxproj? You mean the configuration file?
Current project:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The one that looks like a piece of paper over a window.

I got another incompatibility error.

I tried inserting the script into a new game by copy and paste but I got some weird divide by zero error with a bunch of question marks.
Current project:

Rep:
Level 88
Smarter than the average bear
*sigh* using PK?

Simple way to bypass this, just open the game file (RPG Maker XP Project, the one with the blue window) with notepad. Change RPGXP 1.02 to RPGXP 1.01

Now if you go into the script editor, and play the game all the text disappears. This works for me; Go into main and under begin put

Font.default_name = "Tahoma"

:@

I tried opening it in notepad, but I just got a bunch of random jibberish characters...I searched for 1.02 but notepad said the text just wasn't there.
Current project:

Rep:
Level 88
Smarter than the average bear
Yeah, you probably opened the wrong file.

This one:

and you should get a notepad only saying RPGXP 1.02 .
If you dont, then I have no idea what to tell you.

I can open it now, but I went into the script editor, and it doesn't look any different than what it does default...I even tried making an event titled \e[12] or whatever he said to make it and it didn't do anything...

EDIT: Nevermind, I was opening the wrong game...it works now, thanks! ^^
Current project: