RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event Q,

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was wondering, if there is a way to make an event react when it is touched by another event. I was thinking of a puzzle, but I can only do it if I can make this work.

Example- You push a rock onto a switch to open a door.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
By eventing:

Make 2 variables named obj X and obj Y

Make 2 variables named Destination X and Destination Y

Make a parallel process event, set objX and ObjY to the object's x and y location (available in the variables panel).

Set dest. X & Y to the destination's X and Y values.

Conditional branch: if objx = dest.x; then if objy = dest.y, execute commands.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was think of something like that, thanks.
Could I just have the OBJECT LOCATION and have two conditional braches?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Eh, I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Rep:
Level 96
Sorry, my ideas I come up with are not all that great, and that happen to be a "raw" one.
What I mean is can you have to contional branches in an event to check for X and Y.

Code: [Select]
Conditional branch X=10
 Conditional branch Y=1
  (open door)

Else case

End
Else case

End 

By eventing:

Make 2 variables named obj X and obj Y

Make 2 variables named Destination X and Destination Y

Make a parallel process event, set objX and ObjY to the object's x and y location (available in the variables panel).

Set dest. X & Y to the destination's X and Y values.

Conditional branch: if objx = dest.x; then if objy = dest.y, execute commands.

Could this be used to make a moving event react to the other?

Example- A moster that is running around and you have to touch it with a cage to capture it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:46:17 AM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Yes that would work.

And yes, it can be used for the thing you are talking about. Although, it's the exact same thing I did a while ago and someone complained that it was so hard he didn't play past it. :/ But I don't really think it would be a prob.