RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ending Conversation and not being able to restart it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Ok, I'm new to this RPG XP maker and only know what I've learned through using the program and teaching myself. I know some of the basics.  Here I will try to explain what I want to happen.

Your player walks into a room which triggers a conversation. This is all good. Then the character that auto started the conversation is supposed walk to where I want him to go after the conversation. He does this, but the conversation starts over. I need to know how to cut off a conversation and make it so I can't repeat it. The contains a choice of yes or no, if that has anything to do with it.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
because its an autostart command it will autostart from the beginning. use the event local switch and turn A on. make a new page, with the same character, and under preconditions, have it set to local switch A on.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Click on my sig for a tutorial if you want to learn the concept of a switch.

~Genma
because its an autostart command it will autostart from the beginning. use the event local switch and turn A on. make a new page, with the same character, and under preconditions, have it set to local switch A on.

I was reading this post becuase im having a similair problem ( i want to make a character that you can only talk to once)  but when i tried this method i couldnt get it to work...is their something im missing? *mind blows* Could you explain the process a little better? pleaaaaase?~
"What a terible night to have a curse..."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
When you have it on switches...make sure that you have them on Parrelell Process.

It kicks you in the rear if you don't.

You'll notice that in RPG making you'll be using this quite a bit, so I recommend

Event 1:
Auto Start
Switch 1 ON

Event 2
parellell process
Precondition: If switch 1 is on
Begin Convo
End Convo
Switch 1 Off
Switch 2 On

Event 1 (Page 2):
Paralell Process
Precondition: If switch 2 is on
Erase Event

That then eliminates the convo and there is no way to restart it. (Generally works for me but since i'm at college, this is off the top of my head from what I can remember)

I wish I could script, i'd give you a script method then.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Code: [Select]
> Cond. branch (if Local switch A is off)
  > turn local switch A on
  > conversation
> else
  > alternate conversation (ie. only the last message window from the origin)
> end
> erase event

You can use this principle for cutscenes, too:

Code: [Select]
> Cond. branch (if Local switch A is off)
  > turn local switch A on
  > cutscene
> end
> erase event
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

~Genma
Wow! Thanks so much everyone! With all of your help, i was fully able to master switches and conversation/npc interaction. ^_^ i cant begin to thank you enough!
"What a terible night to have a curse..."