RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
postality knights or enterbrains??

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
is been bugging me for a long time which is better! can someone tell me whats the difference between the 2? pros and cons for both would be good   :D

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
Enterbrain:
Pros:
100% in english...

Cons:
60 dollars after 30 day trial

Knights:
Pros:
Free

Cons:
Around 30% in jap...

Same:
They all have the basics down... its basically just if you want to pay for it or not...

(feel free to add more, who ever is on...)
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You forgot the best reason to get PK, teh Arshes! ZOMG I WUB ARSHES!

Actually it's best to get PK because RM isn't worth the 60 bucks. It's a cute lil tool, but not nearly worth 60 bucks.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Enterbrain 102a English

[pros]
- 100% English Translated
- Bugs like Conditional Branch Money fixed
- Supported by hbgames.org and other sites
- Works with All versions of Netplay
- New DLL (no J glitch possible anymore)
- Standard fotn Tahoma not MS Pincho

[quasi-cons]
- Costs 60 dollars.

PK Knights Translated 100

[cons]
- 40% or even less translated
- Only works with version 1 of Netplay (which is like... old)
- Not supported by hbgames.org and other sites
- DLL can get corrupted
- Incompatibility with 102a
- Standard fotn MS Pincho, thus requireing workarounds
- Glitches on the Internal/Built-In Classes when modified
- Random Game.exe error

[pros]
- Free
ALL HAIL ME™

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
There are some who own this "hybrid". Though it's even more illegal than the PK version.

EDIT : Though I can't act like I havn't broken these laws before, I believe there was someone I helped obtain a liscence... *cough*
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Lol, more illegal than PK.
I thought that stuff either was illegal or legal. Apparently there must be some gray zone stuff.

You talk as if there only is one hybrid. I guess it means the existence of one quite popular hybrid.
My foundations for mentioning a hybrid was more theoretical and not very practical.
A hybrid from the though of combining the strengths of the to versions and discarding their weaknesses.

Me™ pretty much covered it all.
Well the official version also have cons like too little Show Message and Call Script box, which I think is fixed in the PK version.
I think PK Knights crashes if you try to make a conditional branch check the party's gold.

Maybe you can copy between the two program. (Have them open at the same time.)

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Erm.. a Hybrid like.. The Legal Version Patched? I have that...  ;8

In the English version you can still have 4 lines usign the batch entry, and if you need so much space in a call script, your better of with the script editor. Jup.
ALL HAIL ME™

i dont get how is 40% translated, the one i have is fully translated.

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
you probably have the actual version...
and if you don't... look in the script section. and when you do / it comes out a yen symbol(for making messages)... and when u create game disk, its 80% jap considering 20% as your file names...
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

mine says 2.0 enhanced and the hp of an enemy can go up to 999,999. is there bugs in that version?

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Im on V.2 aswell, the only problem i ever get is the jp help files and occasionally it corrupts my .rxproj file. Its very annoying  :'(

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I wish I had the money for the one better than PK edition.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I've been using it for a while now...(not a clue which version I have) I just downloaded it from crankeye works perfectly fine...free too...possibly illegal...
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Get the Dyna Edition. It's rare, but definitely the best. I still regret changing to the legal one. :(
The only disadvantage of the Dyna Editon is that it's also a lot of Japanese there. If I only could get the RPGXP.exe of the Dyna Edition I can create a cracked version that actually works. It would even have an improved Scripts.rxdata that doesn't have the lag during message windows and/or event-forced animations during battle.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 04:41:40 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Seriously, what advantages are there over the legit version? People say it's "enhanced" and superior, but I see few improvements.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I have 1.02 official  one and PK edition and
Pk has --
Translations in events menu
Events menu has no spaces between some event option.

Spaces between some events
Wait for move's completion command

But that's all i can see in difference.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
I prefer the Postality Knights Edition over the Enterbrain version. PK edition has more features in the actual program, such as the message preview option (if this is in the legal version, please let me know, but I don't remember it). Of course, I do have my complaints.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
P.Knights is free, so nobody really has a right to complain.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
P.Knights is free, so nobody really has a right to complain.

agreed.

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
the legal version i have also read is more stable to run
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
I had the legal version, but for some reason you need an internet connection to use it (I have rpg maker on my own internetless comp.) its unable to double check your serial online or something retarded.  Maybe this is just me... but thats why i use pk.

I was wondering if the two versions are compatible, like can u open pk games in enter brain and vice versa?  And when a game is finished can people tell the difference between pk and enterbrains?
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 88
I Kill, Therfor I Am.
well i know that anything in PK can be opened with enterbrains but I'm not sure about the other way around, Because I'm working on a game that i started with PK
Code: [Select]
[code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code] [code]
[/code] OMG WTF?? [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code] [/code]

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
You can't, that's my one complaint.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 88
I AM NARKIDIN
I own the legal version, PK edition, Dyna edition, dubs edition, and the legal Jap version. I like the Legal & Jap the best.