RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Requesting a script

Rep:
Level 88
Ok you are all probably going to go, "HAHA that soo easy" -_- after I tell you what I would like

I would like a script that when called on it will do the following,

It will check ALL THE INVENTORY of what the hero has, Put the amount into their own verible. for example potions = @potions (I think thats how it works anyway) and after thats done they have to pay a level to get it all back, don't ask me questions and I'll tell you no lies but here is how I it would work in a non script logic way.

1. it checks all the times and put their quality in a varible.
2. it removes all the items from the heros inventory
3. it will see all the weapons and armor in the hero's inventory and set it to their own indivial varible
4. remove all the weapons and armor.
5. Ask if the hero is willing to pay a level to get all their stuff back.
6. Hero says yes, level goes down 1, and all the varibles are checked accordingly and put the SAME amount of items back into the hero's possition.
7. Hero says no all the veribles are cleared.
8. end of script.

soooo alll I really need you to do is tell me what I need in what order I can understand the following. each if player has 6 potions and potion is in the first slot, it will look like this for adding 0,1,6  (knows this from looking at other scripts.)  if you can help me get to the point were all I have to do is copy one to remove the items  and name the verible its placed. vis versa  I will be happy. I do not want a WHOLE script just for my game but more of a universal setting so if I add items I can edit the script myself accordingly I thank you all very much.

*edited into*
I don't want to use an event to do this for it would lag the hell out of it, and since the game I am making will have a lot of stuff that can go into the inventory I don't want to use over 100 varibles just for this that can be used for events. if I use strings varibles in scripts it will cleared far quicker and I won't have to worry about using them.ps, defult gives you near 80 stuff to put in your inventory. with the scripts I have and what I plan on doing I will have about 200 give or take. thats why I want this in script format.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 03:23:47 AM by kathis »
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
Are u serious it would lagg the hell out of the game, damn i was gonna do that for my next game. won't the script lagg the game as well considering it runs simmlar to a event?
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
technicaly seeing as it's a script it should have LESS lagg than events...
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 88
this is true. And as I said, Events would require varibles. And well I don't feel like reserving 200 veribles for a single event XD
Project

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
It is not that hard really, now don't hit me. I don't know if you where goign to made this by yourself with help, or let someone do it... but if its the last one, ill write it.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Are u serious it would lagg the hell out of the game, damn i was gonna do that for my next game. won't the script lagg the game as well considering it runs simmlar to a event?
You've made a game and i havn't played it NOOOO!!!!!!
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 88
It is not that hard really, now don't hit me. I don't know if you where goign to made this by yourself with help, or let someone do it... but if its the last one, ill write it.

*speaking for Kathis (he is my neighbor...)* He wants it made for him... and he says "Thx 'Me' " XD

i also say thanks cuz its for a game the both of us are working on...
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 88
really so does that mean that everyone in the states is my neighbor too? seriously feildmaster isn't my neighbor but he is my parntern in this project we are making, well more he is making at the moment. I am more of a find the error give suggestions and help out where I can...when I can actully stay awake (I work for my uncle and he is a slave driver I swear it. >.> worst yet currently we are living under ths same roof.) but yes if you could write it I can do an analizes on how its placed and how it works ext. if you give me instructions on how to make it myself I will also take that also, but you would have to take the time to even explain what code to use while it would be easier to write the script for one item and explain how to add more. >.> yep that shhould cover it.
Project

Rep:
Level 88
hahaha... figure of speach... sorry kathis... Oo
Feildmaster Productions