RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

New Release: Chapter 1-10 Package and more:

Site/Forum:
http://quintessence-tbv.com/
http://quintessence-tbv.com/forum/

Some of what to expect:

Original Soundtrack:
A widely recognized original soundtrack composed by your's truly (Kan Gao) and James Q. Zhang.
----------------------------------------------

Sample tracks:
Click me: [Instrumental, composed by Kan (Reives) Gao] BGM Sample
Click me: [Sang by Laura Shigihara, Composed by Kan (Reives) Gao] Ending Theme: "Drift"

Story:
General consensus from players state that the story is the most defining aspect of Quintessence, as well as its presentation. The directing and story-telling style is influenced by Elfen Lied, for those who are familiar with it. While I have never been keen on posting a summary of the plot or characters (and I do understand that this bothers some people), I will say that the genre is fantasy, drama, arguably romance, and all that generic category stuff; which doesn't say much.

Overall, this is indeed a story-focused project above all else. With the help of carefully choreographed and attempted pseudo-cinematic cut-scenes as well as over 400 face-pictures and a metaphorically constructed custom soundtrack composed by the designer himself with involvement in the actual plot itself, story and characters are valued above all. Quintessence has also received 2007 Misaos awards in the categories of Story as well as Cast of Characters and Best Supporting Character.

Beginning to sound like a B.S. sales pitch already? Then I've done my job. c:

Game-play:
In the past, game-play has not been a focus in the project. However, with this new release, the intro and chapter 1 has been thoroughly revamped and much improved - including the inclusion of much game-play. From puzzles to its custom battle system, game-play is an aspect that has certainly began to sink with this new revamp.

Misc. Screenshots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Reivier/C9Sspps.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Reivier/Intr2.jpg
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/images/Ss3.jpg
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/images/Ss2.jpg
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/images/Korbin_Village_Revamp_C9.jpg [Large]

[For more info, fanarts and the like, feel free to visit the project's home website and forum as noted in the top of the post.]

==========================================================

And there ends my sales pitch; many thanks for your time reading.
Now, would you like to download this?

You would like to download this.

Oh yes, yes you would.

Thank you! Click the following to download:
http://quintessence-tbv.com/Q-tbv_C1-9_1.1.exe

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:31:14 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
wow looks amazing, ill download soon :D

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
I downloaded it, and watched it was really good, how long did it take just to make that?
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Wow, how did you do that! The musics great!
The fighting between the sisters, fantastic!

Why did I not know about this game sooner?!!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 09:05:40 PM by nevfx »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh wow, this forum's much more lively now days? Last time I was here it took like 3 days to get 3 replies  ;D  Thanks for your time and comments!

I started on it 3 days ago coolkid, although the music intro video was done a long time ago and I just polished it up a little before slapping it on there. (writing the music was another story though :-X )

Edit:
Nevf;
That fighting scene between Aira and Azura was such a pain in the #@% that by the end I had not the slight idea of what's happening inside the event coding, so I cut it off short at that.  :D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 09:09:00 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
That was a shortened version?

It was wicked. :)

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
what script do u use to make that opening scene?
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 89
what script do u use to make that opening scene?
None.

You don't absolutely need scripts to make good things happen.  ;)

Edit: Unless you're talking about the whole intro demo; then the scripts used were advanced message system by Dubealex and credit scrolling script for the credit rolls a the end of the demo (by author unknown, edited by MiDas Mike).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:08:39 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
kk thanks ^_^ great work, i actually felt like i shrunk a little when I watched it with my ego so rapidly deflating xp
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 89
Don't worry, that's exactly the same way I felt when I was inspired to make this, after seeing something else. You learn and improve by seeing a new horizon; this gets passed on by person after person.  :) That's my main goal of posting this, to show people what they can do in RMXP as what I've seen from other people a while ago.

Edit: If you want to know how to do some of the things in there, feel free to ask. Once you know it, everything suddenly gets very simple. :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 06:23:46 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 88
ummm i dont mean to be picky when i say this, but the girl with the hat doesnt have a hat for her charset. you should edit it so that she does have it, or change her faceset. you could use the hat from that one i attached below. if you need help, ill gladly help out :D

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah I just remembered you mentioned that on my old thread before the forum went down :D Sorry I forgot to edit that.

Thanks for that attachment, I think I will change her char set with a slightly altered version of that hat.

Thanks again~ And Merry Christmas  :)

Rep:
Level 88
lol i did post it before? thats funny. hope it works out. merry christmas to you too ;)

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
gawsh just the screenies make me look at this game with awe... *downloading intro now...*
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 89
Yay more customers. :)

I made Lunair's hat out of the charset you posted, Christina. Thanks for the reference! :D It's now implemented and there will be lots and lots of hats for the future demos to come.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:46:54 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
Wow. Very sweet intro demo of your game. It was short, but enough for us players to speculate  what happened in the 'future'.

I was also slightly bugged by the fact that the original Lunair's sprite didn't have a hat. Nice to know that it will be added on. ^^
My rpg (in-making) : http://junkart.wikidot.com/

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Do you have any idea when they will be a new demo?

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
That intro had the least errors i ever seen... I only found ONE... a mapping error... a tree covers up 2 tiles of a tree behind it. other than that.... geez it was awesome...

leme try finding it and taking a SS so you know where it is...

Spoiler for Image Here:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 06:10:20 PM by feildmaster »
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks for the input!

Nev: I'm working on a revamp of the starting village's maps and etc. atm., mostly the interriors. However, there is a 3 hour worth of demo for the old version of the game somewhere. It's not that good though, so I'm not really anxious to show it :P 

Feild: Ooh thanks a lot, I'll fix it right away!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I'll be a beta tester of you want, just try it out, so you can see what other people think.

Rep:
Level 89
Sure, that'd be awesome. You are talking about the new version that I'm working on right?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Yep. And any other versions that might come along.

Rep:
Level 89
Alright, thanks.

In the mean time here are some screenshot from the revamped version of Korbin Village:

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Wow, there good.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks. The old version's interiors were crap (pretty much the first few maps I made in any RM programs), so I'm redoing all of them now. Might take a while.