RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Play Unreal Tournament: Game Of The Year with us (Download Included!)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Alright, so most of you were probably ??? after Arrow's topic. So I'll make one allowing all of you to play with us. Here's teh steps:

1. Download the game here: http://roph.crankeye.org/gaem/g/G.zip 462 MB

Here's the game file itself. Once you've finished downloading said file (which could take a very long while if you're on a slow connection (in which case you probably shouldn't play at all)), double-click the Setup file and install the game.

2. Run it to see if it installed okay. When you run it for the first time, it will ask you what video hardware you would like to use. I would recommend using either Direct3D or OpenGL, but if either of those don't work too well for you, stick with software rendering. Don't worry, it's not too bad.

3. Alright, now get out of the game, because you can't play online with us until you get Hamachi. Hamachi is a VPN (virtual private network) program, which essentially allows LAN play over the internet. This is essential for most illegally gotten games. Download it at http://hamachi.cc and install. When that's finished, get on there, go through the setup wizards, and enter our network for play. It is as follows:

Network: unrealgoty
Password: fagpenis

4. When you get on, you should see some familiar names on there. Take note of the IP addresses, you'll need to know them for later (most specifically mine, which is 5.87.146.82).

5. Now, get your ass back on UT. When it loads up, go to Multiplayer > Find Internet Games. When that opens, you should see a Chat tab. Sign on to network irc.windfyre.net, channel #crankeye and join. From there you'll talk to me and Silver and others about how to set up the game. Note that people may not be willing to play at that time, and still others may not answer you at all. That's simply because we have other things to do (especially now, during the holidays), so don't get discouraged. Just come back once in a while, and eventually you'll find someone to play with. If you'd like to organize games before actually entering UT, just go to http://crankeye.org/chat and meet with us there.

That's about all you need to know to use UT, with one last note: Most of us play with maps that do not come with the UT game, so me and Silver teamed up and made a zip file of maps for you guys to install and play with us on. Note that they take up about 400mb of space, which shouldn't be too much of a problem for most people. The link can be found at http://roph.crankeye.org/gaem/g/ZyphMaps4UTBabyYeah.zip

So install, hop in and let's frag the living hell out of each other!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
YAY. A good topic was made.

BUt uh...if for some reason the world ends and I end up hosting again...

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,10404.0.html

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Is Silverline still using his ghay host advantage?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm hosting most of the games we play, so no.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Whats your upload speed?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2 to 5 mbps.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Upload speed doesnt really matter, it's latency that matters. Hosting with 16 people playing, you'll still only be using like 4 or 5 kb/s upload.

Zypher's latency is awesome too (since he's on fiber); I sometimes get under 100 ping from him, which is pretty incredible for US -> UK.
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
WHICH UT IS THIS?
I got one of em...if its the same i dont need to spend my time dl'ing 482 mb or so...
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
It's the first one. Not 2003 or 2004, but UT99.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Second one, first there was Unreal, then Unreal Tournament :3 ~
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Second one, first there was Unreal, then Unreal Tournament :3 ~

He asked which UT it was though, not which Unreal it was.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
482 will take time on normal.
Can you upload it on limewire or somein like zat?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
Confused why you're saying that, it'd only be slower.

Downloading it from where it is is likely to max out your line, so it'd be the fastest way :/
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
My connection is slower than yossy's
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Oh, then don't play this.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I wanna but cant
LOAD IT ON LIMEWIRE NOW
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
My connection is slower than yossy's

You'll have worse ping than I've been getting lately. !_!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
oh geez... I had it but after one day my modem blew and i can't connect to their server anymore... XD
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
oh geez... I had it but after one day my modem blew and i can't connect to their server anymore... XD

We play LAN. So even if you can't connect to THEIR server, you might still be able to connect to mine.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
im dl'ing this thing.
64 %done.

by tommorrow or day after lol, mp tommorrow.
I can play with you guys.
Arlen is hot.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
okazzzz i got it, now wat.
I got hamachi too again, but whatll happen if i got slow connection.

LAG?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yep. Not only will your game run slow, but you'll move really erratically to us.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Aw shit, i'll lose when i can win
Anyways, when i on the game a movie comes, somehow unskipable.
But how the friggin hell do i get to the menu
I do press esc and all

@~@
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I be getting hamachi. Also, does any one know of something like team speak, but free? I serouly want to host that on the spare comp downstairs. So I can yell, "I AM A HIGHLANDER" after I gib somebody.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Aw shit, i'll lose when i can win
Anyways, when i on the game a movie comes, somehow unskipable.
But how the friggin hell do i get to the menu
I do press esc and all

@~@

I don't know if the computers have an Escape key in India or how it's labeled, but it's that key all the way to the upper left, that's kind of isolated from the rest of the keyboard. Press that and you should be good. If not, then talk to Silver because that's beyond my understanding.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here are some Maps I made... for UT2003... I hope you get a chance to play them some time... let me know what you think of em...

If its UT2003 your playing I will jin in... but my PC is only 1.2 Gightz  and its mem is only 256, the Graphics card is a Radeon 7000... It was pretty good back in 2003... But well out of date for the newer versions of UT... Mechadragon is my fav level I have made... but every one seems to like DM-House the most, people have made various Varients of it, it has a small cult status... Have fun !!!

http://www.unrealplayground.com/mapper.php?id=2305

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:30:55 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 102
This is the orignal unreal tournament, sequel to Unreal, released in 1999 =o

You can definately run this =D Also, it's pretty similar in many aspects =D.
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Is there an editing package for the 1st one...?

I can make levels to what ever spec you like if there is ?

I will look at downloading and installing when I get home tonight... I will try and play against you guys, but I suck at the game its self...

Rep:
Level 102
Lol, it's pretty similar gameplay wise to the later UT games. And yeah, it comes with UnrealEd, just like 2k3/4 =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
UT2004 is the best one ;9

But this is still fun, espeically with the lag we get, and zypher still doesnt win even with host advantage  :tpg:

Nice sig silverline

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
But this is still fun, espeically with the lag we get, and zypher still doesnt win even with host advantage  :tpg:

You caught me on a bad day. Usually the pings are godly.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I am with NTL... I am leaving my PC downloading over night I should have the game by morning, I will download the Maps tomorrow, if my connection doesn't get reset... Trans rate of 148kb should only take 1hour at this rate... YOu will be kicking my Arse shortly, but if I get hold a Flack Cannon you best start running, I love the FLACK !!! Grrrrr

I am pretty alright at mapping... Once I get back to grips with it I will try making a few...

IF any one on here has UT2003 try DM-Mechadragon from my previos link, I would love to know what you guys think of it as players...

EDIT
HA HA... Just looked through my CD's I have it already...LOL

Just have to download the Maps and then work out the connecting bit...  :-\

The LAN trick type program says the free connections to the Network address has exceeded 16 users, so It didn't work...

I can still make maps though, may be... that is if its the same as UT2003 version of UTed... Gunna take me a while to get used to it again though...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:42:37 AM by landofshadows »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Some one needs to tell me on aim when the next game is. I want in on this dammit!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Or you could just conveniently be in IRC when we randomly decide to play.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
That could work also.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I know this is an old topic.

but-

The Hamachi server is already full, and I cant join :/

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I just removed someone. Hop in.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yey.
edit:
in.

Woot. Who wants to die?

also...

For some reason the walls and stuff are all screwy on mine. anybody else having this issue?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:36:12 AM by Lord Dante »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
It's your rendering options. Decrease quality and resolution. Like set colors to 16-bit, res to 640/480, etc.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Wooooooooo...

gotcha. Thanks Arrew!