RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] 'Nocturne Gospel' (Abandoned)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I believe your two cents you just gave are actually what had been troubling me. It does makes sense why people would ramble about it in other forums.

Thanks for pointing that out Skie.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
thislookssogood

also, hi caro

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
@__@ Updates on the first post, mostly, on Story and cleaned up the Pictures, only added two screenshots of the School Arc, still, need to get more as I continue working.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
To Aru Majutsu No Index...
Oh Caro :<

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
lol, btw... it might be a while before I get back to that op Caro, I procrastinated with school, and I'm going to be busy for the next week preparing for exams....

unless of course, I get bored of that, and will terribly need a distraction, but I havn't touched RMXP all week, I've got enough distractions as it is XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
To Aru Majutsu No Index...
Oh Caro :<
T-T Is it that bad? I also got two others who said Gundam OO and Regios (Which Haven't seen).

:> I'll try to pull it off in a way it won't look like it, promise :<

lol, btw... it might be a while before I get back to that op Caro, I procrastinated with school, and I'm going to be busy for the next week preparing for exams....

unless of course, I get bored of that, and will terribly need a distraction, but I havn't touched RMXP all week, I've got enough distractions as it is XD
I know Ming D: I told you I wasn't in a hurry for it. I still have Joint to use if I desire to release a demo. :3

----------------------------------------

Well, Screens of the New CMS (not Mock-ups at last):

Party Changer:

Save Files:

:< Chrono Trigger CMS by Raziel, Graphics skins & window skin by Hanzo/Lonewolf

Rep:
Level 87
another job well done for hanzo, lol

anyways, I was mainly working on my own project today, but I revisited the intro again, just to remember what it was like, and I did a little experiment with camtasia.

which, sucks btw, lol

it can't record the intros, I'll have to rely on my digi camera like usual once I finish, but it was only 5mb with camtasia, with my camra it comes out sometimes like 150mb x.x

anyways, I put it on youtube for fun, I'll take it down when I'm done... in, yeah, rad the description, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLZWmImGpo4

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
x__x Meh, I think when your Done, I might as well release a demo with in immediately, some people wanted to see the other in high quality. :3

*Also, I didn't notice that scene at the end of the one you sent! (lol) D<*
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:56:06 PM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Property of DrSword
Rep:
Level 84
Hellbent on heaven.
You know after actually getting around to reading the first post, I can't help but notice how similar your story and general characters and concepts are to the game your artwork comes from: Seinarukana. It really seems like you're just making this game following the source material's concepts and while it's not terrible, it feels really artificial because in the end, It's not really your mind that was put behind this in my opinion, but rather the minds of XUSE. If you ask me, following XUSE so closely along with all the apparent showboating of the anime art may be what has this game under the critical eye of others around some other places to begin with.

Don't let this deter you though, I'm just saying what I feel that I see. It still looks like a nice game in the end with plenty of potential, but like I said, it comes off as artificial because XUSE has done it already with Seinarukana.

[/2cents]

I'm going to have to agree.

While this project does show much potential, regardless, I have yet to get my hands on a demo of this. I can't help but criticize the other members posting their "this look amazing, can't wait to play it!" comments on the Youtube opening when in reality, it is simple eventing with moving pictures and contrast changes and doesn't really show any gameplay at all.

Not necessarily trying to come off negatively, but Skie is correct; the largest reason this game is so renowned at the moment is because of the visual interpretation it presents, and the screenshots aren't much help either.

Regardless, had I found the sources first, I probably would've taken the same initiative. Good luck!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

I'm going to have to agree.

While this project does show much potential, regardless, I have yet to get my hands on a demo of this. I can't help but criticize the other members posting their "this look amazing, can't wait to play it!" comments on the Youtube opening when in reality, it is simple eventing with moving pictures and contrast changes and doesn't really show any gameplay at all.

Not necessarily trying to come off negatively, but Skie is correct; the largest reason this game is so renowned at the moment is because of the visual interpretation it presents, and the screenshots aren't much help either.

Regardless, had I found the sources first, I probably would've taken the same initiative. Good luck!

Your opinion is moot.

EDIT: Also, Caro, don't listen to what anyone says about whether or not your game is good. There's no way that anyone could even tell because it hasn't been released yet. It's like when game journalists hand out awards for previews. It doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:37:28 PM by Holk »

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Try to mask the story outline better Caro :P

Rep:
Level 87
lol, you have too many fans caro XD I ikinda don't get it, it's either because you're a girl... or idk.

not trying to hate on you holk, but don't be stupid, Ariost's right.

As far as I can tell, this project does get quite a bit of excessive.... brainless attention.

it's a good thing, but don't go defensive about it the moment someone points it out for you.

and... I made that op :') lol, itsk, I've already said they're simple to do, it's not a big deal to me.

Ariost's opinion is solid, don't be childish

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm not being childish. I'm just saying that it's dumb to judge something before you've even played it. Carry on~

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I think that you guys misunderstood what the other was trying to say, but that should be over now 8D

I don't think anyone's judged each other extremely.

Caro's Game is gathering so much attention because she is a prominent member of the forums and she's very actively advertising and working on her game. Her game sticks out, i think, because of the differences in styles of most of the games on here: The story depends heavily (From what i've seen of it) upon visual novel elements, plus she bothered to get someone to make an OP for her. Not all games go through that trouble. You may also notice that hima's games get alot of attention, because he puts so much work into them, and there's alot of eye candy over in his projects too. Oh, and all of his projects manage to be PURE AWESOME D8

Also your most recent screens for whatever reason still have not loaded for me, i shall comment on them later 8D

And by eye candy, i'm not trying to imply anything negative, i just mean there's alot more visual content and presentation involved in your thread than in most others.

I mean- crap! i can't word that in a way that makes it sound positive @_@

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm not being childish. I'm just saying that it's dumb to judge something before you've even played it. Carry on~

Slash Bulk

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Considering how I've seen and read many comments from helpful to negative & such, well, :/ I'll just keep working in it, one can never satisfy everyone's taste. :x

People can critic this once the Demo is out ;x

Anyways:

I might bug someone to help pull this one out >___>;;

Try to mask the story outline better Caro :P
@__@ By masking you mean as in, the character bios or the plot?

Rep:
Level 85
both, as in don't make it too obvious, I would give you some storyline to combine 2 stories that you'd like ;P

Rep:
Level 90
I'm inclined to agree with Nessiah. When I read Sieg/Klyron/Nozomu's new profile, Kamijo Touma immediately came to mind. Not to mention the whole academy city, skill levels, and Espers.

It's painfully obvious as it is right now. I don't blame you though. Index has some good stuff in it, but try to mask it better. :V

Or better yet, twist the concepts around into something you can call your own.

Good luck and all that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:39:21 AM by Skie Fortress »

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I still love the idea that you mixed anime parodies into one game.
Aww, I can't wait for the demo! >_< Seems like that all your games are always filled with beautiful characters I wanna date immediately~ :D

Rep:
Level 85
Well the artwork did come from an eroge game <_<;

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89

Not all of the eroge games out there has beautiful character designs.
Some are basically seductive, but seductive doesn't mean beauty.
Is there anything wrong with be supporting Caro and her game? Geez.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
No Jappy, there's nothing wrong with that, but Nessiah is pointing that out. :x

D= Althou the Ero material was quite, little in my opinion unlike others I've seen >__>;;;

But that's not the point right now D:

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Caro, do you mind if I create a sig for you? But I need an artwork from your game. Any that you like the most. :)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Pm'd

While at it, as I have to wait ti'll I get photoshop back, the game is in a steady hiatus, (Thus the lack of 'screenies' & updates).

The scripts I've been using continue to clash with each other also, (Constant bugs, anoying crashes & unable to figure out how to make Mink-off's script to use separated sprite sheets for Skill Poses & the latter, really annoying)

<sigh> And my life outside the door has started to pile up work and sorta some serious issues in my health ^^;; (Well, nothing that would kill me of course).

:3

Rep:
Level 85

Not all of the eroge games out there has beautiful character designs.
Some are basically seductive, but seductive doesn't mean beauty.
Is there anything wrong with be supporting Caro and her game? Geez.

I didn't say anything against Caro's game but I was just pointing out that the artwork did came from a dating sim rpg thing with cool effects called Seinarukana which is like a professional game with professional artwork.

And my point is, the eroge game fails if it fails to at least get the attention of the player :P