RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] 'Nocturne Gospel' (Abandoned)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It should be very possible to create with events. All you need is a bit of eventing knowledge and considerable patience.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
yeah, I thought through it a bit more.

it's not impossible, the theory seems plausible anyways, but I feel that it could have some problems, not only considerable paitience, but god like paitience if you ask me, looks as if to almost be a 20 hour workload for someone who's never made one before, 8 or so hours just to make the whole thing, and 12 hours trying to work out all those kinks that is inevitable.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
So um, I've totally never posted in here yet. I don't know why I haven't. I'd start flattering you telling you how awesome this is, but I'd be beating the hell out of a really dead horse. We all know this will become an amazing game, I'll have my eyes on this. I know there is know time-line at the moment as far as when the project will be finished, but I can not wait for this. Extraordinary. Also, this is the part where I give my full cooperation for anything graphically oriented that I could help with. Let me know anytime, it'll be my pleasure.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
yeah, I thought through it a bit more.

it's not impossible, the theory seems plausible anyways, but I feel that it could have some problems, not only considerable paitience, but god like paitience if you ask me, looks as if to almost be a 20 hour workload for someone who's never made one before, 8 or so hours just to make the whole thing, and 12 hours trying to work out all those kinks that is inevitable.

Eh...I don't think it'll take that long
In fact it's pretty easy but just tedious <_<

Rep:
Level 87
I've never made a hud before, but after thinking about it, it still seems pretty tedious.

so, you'd have to have a variable set up for each stat, which is the easy part.

A max hp, a current hp, a exp (maybe a till next exp), sp, and state.

but then you'd have to link each stat to numerical pictures that display based on whats there, not hard but also seems like a good bit of work.

say 4 numbers as max, that means you'd have to check and display each number for your hp, sp, and exp, idk, I havn't figured out that part yet...

I don't know of any other way to display those numbers in XP, was there a display number event function in 2k3? never used it.

I'm still not sure of how you'd be able to connect each number of a hp variable, say, it was 345 out of 476 hp, to display the 3, the 4, and then 5, I'm confused... @_@

thats the main part I'm having trouble imagining, how do you event a hud like that?

you can pm me, I'd really like to learn this.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm still not sure of how you'd be able to connect each number of a hp variable, say, it was 345 out of 476 hp, to display the 3, the 4, and then 5, I'm confused... @_@

Grr. I did a system HUD a few months ago, I'd tell you how it's done if I had my PC around at the moment. I forget how otherwise.

At the moment I'm just speculating, a conditional checking the hundreds, one checking tens, and one checking single digit numbers. Instead of having to make...literally 476 actual pictures. I think I did it like that...

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
That is very easy :U
Ok you will do it like this:
Let's say Hero has 9999 hp so basically

Thousand
Hundreds
Tens
Ones

all set to hero hp

And We'll set it like this...
Code: [Select]
Variable: thousand is set equal to hero HP
Thousand /1000
Thousand mod 10

if thousand = 1 show pic: 1.png

Variable: hundred is set equal to hero HP
hundred /100
hundred mod 10

if hundred = 1 show pic: 1.png

here's an explanation about modulus @w@
Try opening windows calculator, then turn it into scientific view
now let's say... hero has 8120 hp,

divide it by 1000
we have 8.12
now mod it by 10

are you done?
You'll see it's still 8.12
the thing is when you divide by the number, MOD is unnecessary ie, MOD returns the remainder, but dividing by itself returns the remainder too, in this case, 8.12 or in rm2k3,  8, so in that case, your thousand variable will be 8 and if thousand = 8, show pic, 8.png

I hope you'll read this because it'll give you a better understanding on how variables work ^w^

Rep:
Level 87
ooooh, oh wow, I never thought about deviding it!

that makes sense now XD

I see... so it doesn't round up then? If thats the case, I can see how you could display each number for the stats, thats awesome.

still seems like a hell of alot of work XD for someone like me I couldn't doubt it'd be around 20 hours of work x.x

Rep:
Level 85
it wont take you an hour :V

Rep:
Level 87
Bah! My powers of being easily distracted strike fear even into the leaziest of beings @_@

I'll have to give that a try one day though, making a evented HUD, would look great :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
:V Well for news, I got a new computer, so work on SR would go even faster (Thanks to extra Ram Power <3)

<__< Now to install RPG Maker XP & get the loot out of my parents computer.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 85
Kitkatan, isn't that spamming?

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
yes, but sometimes one can reply with a face only.

Spoiler for:
:V

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

The following image above comes from Xuse's Seinarukana itself.
New Year's Little Updates & Progress

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:48:57 AM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
:o looks like you got the first tileset working

there's a couple mapping errors in a couple of the trees on the left side

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:04:24 AM by grafikal006 »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :P Of course I can . . . Otherwise it would've been pointless if I couldn't xD

.___. I never notice those errors ti'll you pointed them, thanks Grafikal006.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Oh my god those better not be mockups again ;________;

GOOD JOB  :tpg:

i especially like the robobutler in the third shot  ;8

Spoiler for:
I don't care if it's only a monocle, it's a scope forever to me ;______________;

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That doesn't even LOOK like a robot, what are you talking about.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
A cyborg butler then  :mad:

Spoiler for:
GODDAMMIT I CAN HAVE A WARPED PERCEPTION IF I WANT TO  :mad:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ugh . . .

Note that I took down the FFX CBS . . . (Incompatibility issues & the latter with other scripts all of a sudden)

I'll just switch back to the old one temporary . . .

>___>;; Too many errors makes me mad.

I'll just recruit a scripter in exchange for spriting . . .

I'd be adding a world map & making just go with the usual Dungeons & Cities pluged in fashion -.-

Any more of this errors or angry mobs, and I might actually drop it & work on a new project.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:35:35 AM by Dark Seraph, Caro »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ugh, Fixed the 1st Page a bit. That reminds me to get new Screenshots & replace the old ones.

Story been finally updated m-___-m (But I think it still the same 'Anime cliche' <sigh>)

Sprites are coming along well, with a few requests I made, and hopefully I'll get later the fixed up FFX CBS fixed up. (It was bugging with the CMS)

Rep:
Level 84
98. “OMGWTF” is not a spell.
Story been finally updated m-___-m (But I think it still the same 'Anime cliche' <sigh>)

Well, I for myself, think that isn't so bad. In the hand of a good writer, even a cliche can be told interesting.
While in the hand of a bad writer even a individual idea can be horrible told.
And in combination with a game, a good gameplay can kinda "make up" for a few cliches, I think.
But that's just my opinion.  :-\

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Pretty much, I won't know for sure until I get the demo up.

Rep:
Level 90
You know after actually getting around to reading the first post, I can't help but notice how similar your story and general characters and concepts are to the game your artwork comes from: Seinarukana. It really seems like you're just making this game following the source material's concepts and while it's not terrible, it feels really artificial because in the end, It's not really your mind that was put behind this in my opinion, but rather the minds of XUSE. If you ask me, following XUSE so closely along with all the apparent showboating of the anime art may be what has this game under the critical eye of others around some other places to begin with.

Don't let this deter you though, I'm just saying what I feel that I see. It still looks like a nice game in the end with plenty of potential, but like I said, it comes off as artificial because XUSE has done it already with Seinarukana.

[/2cents]