RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Futaiten: Book of Days & Faereality: A Modern Fairy Tale ~TWO Available Demos~

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Futaiten: Book of Days  -->Download Now<-- (maker: RM2k3)

Due to numurous requests, I have uploaded another demo of Futaiten: Book of Days.  I want everyone at this forum to hava a chance to play my game.  ;D  I hope you enjoy it.  The artwork is just over a year old, and I'm not sure if I really like it...  oh, and I think some of the jokes are really stupid, but they seemed to make people laugh the last time around, so I didn't change anything.  This demo includes bug fixes and another dungeon (more of a half-dungeon), so I encourage even those who played through the previous demo to give this one a try, too!

Description:
The Kingdom of Longevity is prospering, as it is in an age of peace.
The divine rule of the Fair Queen of Elves has assured that this era of harmony will continue hereafter.
Of course, that makes for a very boring video game, doesn't it?
Experience for yourself the epic unfolding of events in this seemingly-ideal kingdom.
Deception, betrayal, and chaos are the true masters of this universe, and it's up to YOU to let the truth become known.
Become a part of the legend as you experience Futaiten: Book of Days.

Features:
~Action battle system (I tried to imitate the Link to the Past battles as much as I could, dunno if I did a good job on that, but in any case it's more interesting than turn-based battles).
~Multiple playable characters.  Dialogue and game progress changes depending upon which of the eight playable characters is selected.  Weapons and spells vary among characters; teamwork is vital for the many puzzles present.
~Custom menu system which displays characters, spells, a healing option, Save & Quit.
~Custom message system, accompanied by hand-drawn artwork.

Faereality: A Modern Fairy Tale  -->(Download via Attachment)<--  (maker: RM2k3)

I spent most of the summer working on this.  ;D  Artwork of the characters has been available in the gallery on my site, but besides that I haven't shared any information about this game.  If you're interested in a game that takes place in a modern setting, or just looking for a unique game to play, or if you're just a scary Yossy stalker, you should definitely give this a try!

Description:
Every day, human beings work hard to make their living.
So much time and effort is put into the work they do each day, and for what?
To put food on the table?  To provide for a family?
To survive?
The phenomenon is a mystery to onlookers, because, overall, the population of the human race is unhappy.
In times considered "ancient," by human standards, people began to create ways of excaping the mediocrity.
They were storytellers.
The storytellers set the foundation for what would later become known as "fairy tales" to the modern society.
Overall, the fairy tales are regarded as children's stories - naive and impractical.
One adolescent girl wonders ... what if?

Features:
~AMAZING action battle system: player must press keys which correspond with the enemy's attacks (up, down, left/right).  Each "syphoned" attack increases the gauge at the bottom of the screen.  Gather more energy for stronger attacks!
~Custom menu system which displays collected health and inventory, as well as Save & Quit.
~Custom message system, accompanied by hand-drawn artwork.
~MIDI's sequenced by Bridget.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 02:11:40 AM by Yossy »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
reserved post

[edit] Attached to thread =D

[edit] what, that's too small. *tries again*

[edit] okay wtf, hmm.. oh, so I got a corrupt file from savefile ~_~ which now isn't working at all ;-;

[edit] Geez like 10 tries from savefile (at like 11kb/s) to get a complete file ;-; wtf is up with savefile =o
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 05:50:21 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Awsome. I played this during the summer.. It was reeeeaaall nice. Loved the battle system and face sets.

One question though: DO you like elves? lol. Just wondering.  :)

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Yay! I will download laterz.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Okay, download Silverline's version I guess.  ;D

I suppose I do like elves, but if you pay attention to the scholars in the city they explain that magic is only useable by elves, and there is a reason why all of the heroes require magic but I cannot tell it to you at this time.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I downloaded both demos.  :tpg: Now I'm off to get 2k3 so I can play them. ~
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I've been playing Futaiten, got killed ;_;

I'll go play again tonight =o
bringing sexy back

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm gonna Dl this and play it during winter break.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i loved futatien, although the battle system annoyed me a bit when i wasn't used to it. My computer is...wounded...now, but when it is healed i shall play this game.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Something is wrong with this picture!!

Futaiten has been downloaded 18 times, but Faeeality only has 3 downloads.

Come on, I worked hard on that game.  :'(

Please play it?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Looks awesome Ill play it when I get home, I know you could end up putting alot of effort into a game that never gets played these days,
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I applaud your awesomeness.  And Jing fandom.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Downloading Rar now  :tpg: but it looks good so far!

~Winged

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
*cries* my computer wont do rar, why is life so painfully cruel!
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Alright I'll DL them, but I can't tell when I'll have time to play them.
Say, wasn't Futaiten the game made by you without the use of any switches?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Download winrar, it'll say the trial version is used up after thirty days but uh...who...cares?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Alright I'll DL them, but I can't tell when I'll have time to play them.
Say, wasn't Futaiten the game made by you without the use of any switches?
YES.  Bu don't talk about it... <_<  It is a hideous blemish on my ego.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
They both look real nice: Lot's of effort and very colorful. I love the look  :)

AND...how is it a blemish to make Futaiten without switches?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Please play it?

I downloaded both, but have only played Futaiten so far... and I keep dying LOL. It's pretty fun though, and it has a nice look to it. And the choice of music is pretty awesome too. ~ Actually, I think I'll have a try at it again in a few minutes.

I'll play the other one tonight likely as well.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

Please play it?

I downloaded both, but have only played Futaiten so far... and I keep dying LOL. It's pretty fun though, and it has a nice look to it. And the choice of music is pretty awesome too. ~ Actually, I think I'll have a try at it again in a few minutes.

Oh man, the music. I especially like the Riviera themes. Where ever did you get them?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

BLEMISH?! You have to be an extreme 1337 to make a game without using switches. :O
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92

Please play it?

Oh man, the music. I especially like the Riviera themes. Where ever did you get them?

Surprisingly, VGmusic.com.  I frequently visit the newly-uploaded files page.  It usually takes a week or longer before the newly-uploaded MIDIs are added to the regular database.

BLEMISH?! You have to be an extreme 1337 to make a game without using switches. :O
Maybe, but what it did involve was a million different maps all of the same town or whatever.  It's kind of embarassing that I put that much effort into it when I really didn't have to, especially considering my programming knowledge now.  Looking through the common events used in Faereality, I can't believe there was ever a time that I didn't understand switches or variables.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
good point, so it is both a blemish and a...

good markie...thingie.

About music...

It just hit me. They never had more than a few Riviera songs on the page...lol, thanks for that tip :P

Rep:
Level 97
Playing Faereality now. Just finished the intro ~

The screen was like "Play the Intro?", and I said, "LOL, OK", and then there were flowers. ~

So the flowers threw me off when the intro started, because it's actually kind of sad. Whether or not it's 100% true-to-life, it's a very good intro. And now, I'm off to actually play some.

EDIT: Attached screenshot, because I laughed so hard at this, and I don't really know why. I think the delerium from staying awake so long is kicking in. !_!

BTW, I like your mapping and the tilesets, etc., which am sure are made by you.

EDIT EDIT: So far, I'm honestly liking this more than Futaiten. ~ The battles are more fun than I thought they'd be.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 03:35:07 AM by HaloOfTheSun »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ROFL! thats great.
WHoa, pokemon styled character sets? holy shit im playing this.