RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Plants

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Ok here a simple inquiry.

I require iether a script or preferably an event for planting.  Where you will approach a spot say 'tilled soil' mabey and if you have a seed in your pocket you will have the option of planting it.  Then over time the seed will grow into a small plant and then continue growing until it fully matures and bears fruit.  Once it bears fruit you have the option of picking that fruit and thus obtain the fruit in your pocket.

<I wonder if it would take both events and scripting to do this>

P.S. I'd realy like it so that the time it takes to grow can be an adjustable variable for difference in plants and their natural growth cycles.
Thanx in advance.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:00:25 PM by Yume_Nasuki »
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you...."  - Legend of Dragoon (PSOne) 2000 -

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Simple! Use events.

<>Message: Plant a seed?
<>Show Choices: Yes, No
:  [Yes] Handeler
     <>Conditional Branch: [Seed] possesed
       <>Move Event:: Plant
              Change Graphic to Sprout (or whatever the name is)
<>Else Handler
<>Message: You need a seed!

:  [No] Handler
<>
[End]

There ya go!

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Use self switches and a DNS maybe?

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Thats great and all for the planting, but what about the growth part and the fruit picking.
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you...."  - Legend of Dragoon (PSOne) 2000 -

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
After the plant is planted and has some time to grow, it could be on a variable switch to make it to a full plant and then u can pick it and the plant goes away.

Rep:
Level 88
The Smexy Babe Magnet
For the growth process you might have to use a Day/Night event/script. It doesn't have to be day and night, and could be switched to act as a time variable, but I'm still pretty new at this, so I don't know if this helps at all.  :P

Got no good story ideas? Try using Seventh Sanctum. It's got millions of generators for things you might need.