RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapping tut, making a DESERT (fixed)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
OK so here is my fourth tut, I had this already made forgot to type it out. SO will show you how to make a great desert and not even touch layer three! We will be making a oasis

OK start tut:

Step 1: Layer one lay down the tile for sand (notice the red line it is the outline where the hero will go)You can select two tiles to lay the sand one is darker then the other, I selected the lighter one for this tut

Step 2: Using layer one AND two make this mountain outline. THe light tiles are placed on layer 2 and the dark on layer one. THe first mountain at the top will be where the player enters from, and the bottom two mountains help to show where the player will exit the map

Step three: Using layer one again, make a small body of water..whats an oasis without water, and it will make the map look more realistic once we add plants

Step four: Big step, now using only the second layer add a tree, rocks, plants, footprints, sand waves. Adding some green will really making the map come alive, the rocks and stuff should also be used. Try not placing too much stuff close to one another, spread everything out and try not to leave BIG places where nothing is there.
(also you can make the ground designs in first layer..the sand movement that is

Step five: YOUR DONE! you still have layer three if you need it! And here is a pic of that same in map in game play:

Please feedback would be great! and don't forget to check out some of my other tuts on this fourm!

Darklord
Lord Dante

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:02:14 AM by Nouman6 »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
whoa, what happened to like...the page of posts?
anyways, thanks for fixing it. that started to bug me.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, its a new topic...felt like I should just trash the old one. And ya I take feedback seriously, it theres a problem I usually jump it the second I read about it. anyways I kinda redesigned it more green now, thanks guys to who corrected my old one!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah, no prob.

I always thought they should've included more shadowed terrain tiles in rmxp...ah well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
this is great! I love your tuts, they really have improved my mapping how long have you been mapping for?

anyways great tut keep em comming!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

I love your tuts, they really have improved my mapping how long have you been mapping for?

thanks~!
any well..My mapping will improve some think its good, I think its ok, but hey I have only been mapping for less then 6 weeks now thats how long I have had the software..sO think I have mapped even less then that, due to school and stuff...so I'm getting better and thanks to Darklord, and Lord Dante I am seeing my mapping mistakes~

Rep:
Level 88
wow another tutorial! Like i said for the heaven exterior tut, GJ  ;D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the heaven exterior was not made by me, but I did post an image of my own screenshot in that topic..anyways thanks for the feedback

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
any word on that boat tut?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea...turning out harder then I was thinking...It still should be done by tommorow, or sat morning...its just I have only had mins to work on it due to random quizes Im having every day (teachers!!!!!)

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
yeah no hurry... I could never figure the damn thing out... So if you don't figure it out either no prob!  ;D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I will get it don't worry  ;D

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Nice job =D

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Good! Although I really can't say I understand those hollow logs there...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, IDK maybe you can use it as an event base, have the player sit on it...w/e it makes the map look FULL  :D

and shit Nikolai I thought you were Blizz

Rep:
Level 96
Boat tut almost done? Can you also add a dock tut too?

Gay polygamy?

...Is there a point to that?

Wouldn't that just be a ass secks conga line?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
early tommorow.....building a fooseball table right now its FUCKING hard  >:(

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think oasis's have thin grass...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

this took total around 55 mins.
70x30 map

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Nouman...That Desert looks Soo Cool...I might have to do an Exact Replica of it for my game  :o (lol)

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Wow. That's really good! Keep up the great work!

(Ps, either im doing something wrong or i managed to work out the boat tileset firsttime)

Rep:
Level 88

this took total around 55 mins.
70x30 map

Nice  :D

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
The tut was very good, keep up the good work but....this....

WOW!! How do you manage to make these huge maps!! Anyway, good job.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks for the reply's guys.

that map is a map I made for Darklords game "Mortuus Concordia"
Check it out here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,8924.0.html

I just joined as a mapper and that was the first map I was told to do.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Well, It's really good *Shocked*