RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Targetting Enemies AND party with the same skill.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hey,

I feel like this MUST be something a billion people have already asked about, but I cannot, for the life of me, find anything about it....

Is there a script anywhere to allow you to create skills that can be used on both party members AND monsters?  (i.e. "ooh, I should use my Cure spell on this zombie and hurt it!" or "I have a character that is healed by fire spells for some stupid reason!")

On that note, as well, is there a way to make it such that you could ATTACK your buddies?

The major problem I see with all of this is how monsters would deal with the ability to target ANYTHING they wished -- odds are, they'd end up roasting themselves with their own magic.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated!  I can't tell if scripting this would be an unfathomable mess, or just a single line plopped down somewhere.

Thanks!

~ Nicholai

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Use this snipplet:

Code: [Select]
IDS = []

class Scene_Battle

alias make_skill_action_result_target_all_later make_skill_action_result
  def make_skill_action_result
    if IDS.include?(@active_battler.current_action.skill_id)
      @target_battlers = []
      for enemy in $game_troop.enemies
        @target_battlers.push(enemy) if enemy.exist?
      end
      for actor in $game_party.actors
        @target_battlers.push(actor) if not actor.dead?
      end
    end
    make_skill_action_result_target_all_later
  end

end

Add IDs of skills that target all enemies and all actors into the IDS = [1, 2, 3] etc. and make them target nobody.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hey,

I must be some kind of jackass or something, because I just realized that I phrased that question rather stupidly;

What I meant was more along the lines of having a skill that only targets ONE person, but you can target either a monster OR a party member with it.  So, "Hmm, should I use this cure spell and heal my buddy, OR should I hurt this zombie with it?"

What would be even cooler in addition to that would be being able to choose (on certain skills) whether a it targets one enemy or all enemies.  Is that possible to work out?

Though the code you just sent me is kind of interesting as well!  I suspect I can probably come up with some uses for it!

Thanks!

~ Nicholai

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Go to www.hbgames.org/forums and find a script by "Trickster" that allows that. Sadly I forgot how it is called, but I think it was "Advanced Targeting" or something like this.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!