RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Air (Summer) RPG Project (Yes it's a fan-game, wanna fight about it? >:[ )

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Home: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Air_RPG_Project/index.php?act=idx

*Screenshots at the bottom of the post.

This is a fan-RPG for a not well-known anime; Air TV. More specifically, its second story arc.

Personally, I hated fan-games. But there comes a time where a man throws away his dignity because certain shows simply kick ass. I guess that's how all fan-games are... And for its completion, this is the first time I am intending of recruiting for my project (plx plx plx  :'( ).

I am too tired to add detailed info on the project at the moment ( I will post it later though), but we are looking for more members; but it is rather hard for a fan-game to do so when there aren't that many fans out there.

This is a side-project of mine that is also intended to help me improve my skills before re-working on my main project; Quintessence (http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3178.0).

But just to be cocky; although a fan-game and side-project, I can assure you that this will end up better than the average project posted on this forum. ;)

This map-demo has no actual story-line playing part at the moment; but rather just a 'map demo'. You can walk around

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MAP DEMO 1.01 (Updated with some bug fixes)

The RTP tree bundles are not yet done in the tileset, hence their passability and in some cases priority are messed up. Will be fixed in the near future.

Features:

-The entire shrine map where Kanna, Ryuuya and Uraha stayed at before running away; able to walk around in Uraha's sprite in the area.

-3 Exterior maps (Main, east and west), and full access to all buildings and rooms included.

-The ability to change map attributes. E.g. Rain, foggy morning, sunny day, sunset, night; each with their own custom Air soundtrack's song selection and in some cases unique background sound.
*This is done through 'Items'. Hit the 'esc' key to go to menu, then click items.

-A crude preview of the uses of facesets and character pictures.

Current Project Members:

-Reives/Kan Gao
-Martino
-Rengemaru
-Nani
-Amaranthine (inactive)

Full credits included in demo.

Instructions:
Decompress the .rar, decompress the compressed file within the .rar, and use the Game.exe.

Controls:
Directional arrows to move and select, enter to confirm and perform action, esc to cancel and access menu.

Screenshots bomb:

(Character outline not yet cleaned up; *if anyone could help with that it would be awesome. Hell, why not just join the team? :) )

All feedback and suggestions welcomed!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:21:09 PM by Reives »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Great Game i can't wait till its out fully, i thought i should tell you this, there are certin areas in the forest with the bunnys were you can cross thee wter whilst not on a leaf also objects on the school house wall can be climbed on but i give it

8.5/10

Ps were did you get tilesets and sprites and the Message sets
My Cookie

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Holy crap those skills are crazy (well I would go crazy if someone read out 500 poems on the spot), anyway, I'm GUSSING the facesets/pics aren't saved in PNG (correct me if I'm wrong.....but the quality isn't very good..no offense) and the mapping looks pretty good. I know that windowskin your using!! Its called WS_Gold when you save it right? (I think I migth post the entire set soon, I'm using it as well). Anyway back on track, I have nothing against fan games, just as long effort is put into it...E-F-F-O-R-T!!

lol, sorry anyway, good job and now my sign off....

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Judgement of Illiuis:
Ah, I am aware of the crossing water on the leaf thing; it's why I put them there as bridges :) But the wall climbing thing needs to be fixed; thanks for informing me about it~ I got the tileset by editting a bunch of tilesets together and modifying parts of it; most can be found in the resource forum posted under the thread 'Naruto tilesets' or something like that. The sprites were made by me; Kanna was made from scratch while Uraha was half made half mashed. Message facesets are mostly taken from the original (non-RPG) game.

8.5/10 for a map demo? Thanks :D

P.S. Do you know the show?

Winged:
The facesets and pics are saved in PNG but I know what you mean; it's because they were taken from a JPG and I still haven't refined their outlines yet. And yep, that is the windowskin I'm using  :) Fan-games' reputations are ruined by the 'zomg-me-so-obsessed' making crap imo.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply~!

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Holy Crap Yes i do know the show that why i think its kool but you can cross water while your NOT on a leaf . . .

9/10 on your game for repling
My Cookie

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
THE MAPS ARE AWSOME! TOTALlY AWSOME! TUTOR ME MAN!

And you're using slipknots script right?]
 and i can be in you "team"

Youre the best mapper!

EDIT- you may need the anti lag script, i realized from the demo, cuz the maps are too full and big in size=cause of lag,.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:59:33 AM by Nightwolf »
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I am posting to remind me to dl this when I wake up later so that I can criticize the hell out of your maps. I hate it when people who aren't really all that good at mapping take some flashy tileset and then get everyone praising them. But, I can point out one thing right now. MAKE YOUR GODDAMN SHADOWS TRANSLUCENT. I don't know how ANYONE can not see that, and yet no one ever seems to notice that they aren't.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
It's because DragonMagna doesn't come here any more.  Seems like he was the only one who would actually criticize games.  You have learned well from him, Grasshopper Gilgamesh.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
OK guys, if you load the map demo, remember to copy paste the dll, which you get when you load the loader.
XD

ANd Gilga, what if he';s a good mapper, using tilesets.
Its a good map, even if you say its bad, and he made it look good, its good, so why critisize.

I still think theyre great
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
I am posting to remind me to dl this when I wake up later so that I can criticize the hell out of your maps. I hate it when people who aren't really all that good at mapping take some flashy tileset and then get everyone praising them. But, I can point out one thing right now. MAKE YOUR GODDAMN SHADOWS TRANSLUCENT. I don't know how ANYONE can not see that, and yet no one ever seems to notice that they aren't.

Heheh, calm down.  :D I know I am not that good of a mapper; if one at all.

But however, I fail to understand your hostile tone. Has it occured to you at all that I in no circumstances have bloated myself of the mapping itself; and it just so happens I have no control upon what people say? I am more than happy to receive critiques as I have always been, that's how I improve. But I find mindless statements such as parts of the quoted material uncalled for, and a disgrace that abases the fundamentals of critiquing itself.

Sure this is a map demo; but it was merely the only demo I have at the moment regarding the said project, and hence I have posted it as the main subject in order to have the material to ask for help upon the said project. Although however, I did have to compile (around 5-6 tilesets) and edit the tilesets to suit my needs (the outer wall, for example, did not have full wooden walls to it originally).

Thanks for the shadow tip though! But could you clarify on that; since I am not 100% sure if I do know the method that you know of.

Oh and lastly, feel free to post the mature criticisms here; such rare things on this board now days would actually be helpful.  :)  So thanks in advance~ (Kudos to Grasshopper Gilgamesh by the way; good critics = essential to have around here; maybe he just had a bad day.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:47:40 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks Judgement; and oh damn, I didn't know that water thing. I'll have to fix it later. Thanks!

Nightwolf:
I seriously thought you were sarcastic in your first post but I guess not after reading the second... Thanks for the support~ Yes, I am using Slipknot's message script.

And sure, you can join the project; we are desperately needing members.

P.S. For map tut'ing; check out the tutorial section. There are way better maps (and actual tutorials) there.  :) I learned a lot from those.

Update: Updated map demo 1.01; fixed some tileset bugs.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Well, as for the hostile tone, I'm just an asshole. Everyone is all happy nice around here like lol this looks great! Someone has to be a dick. If I don't do it, who will?

Rep:
Level 89
True true, which is partly why I gave you kudos at the end.