RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Layin' Down Some Rules (Please Read Before Posting)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Hey, all.  Before you settle into a thread posting info on your game, you deserve to know how things work around here.

First and foremost:
RPG Maker games (and Game Maker) ONLY!!

As for the content of your posts:
This is what you do not want to post:
yo guys i was thinkin about this idea for a game.  dunno if i'll actually go thru with it.  just wonderin if anyone would be interested if i did.

Topics like this one will never be moved into the main section. You can post your game topic only in the New Projects subsection. If you want your game to be moved into the main section and get the attention it deserves, your game topic has contain at least...

1.)  Basic background info about the game.  At least one paragraph dedicated to plot or story background.  Also, please mention which maker is being used.  This is also a good place to mention if your game boasts any unique features, such as a custom battle/menu/adventure/dialogue/etc. system.
2.)  Info of at least the main character.  Remember that you're trying to make us interested in playing your game.  The deeper the character information, the more we'll look forward to seeing them in the game.
3.)  SCREENSHOTS.  In the very least, show us the title screen.  If your game utilizes anything unique (see rule #1), show that to us as well.  Screenshots are more informative if a short caption is included.  For example, a screenshot of the overworld is more impressive if you include a caption of something along the lines of "The hero traverses the expansive plains of [insert kingdom name here].  This particular area has had some touble with monsters as of late..."  Okay, you don't really have to say anything like that.  I just know, from my experience, I am more interested in viewing screenshots that have can be interestingly described.
4.)  If your game uses unique resources or artwork, please give credit to the source.  Too often, I see battlers or other resources that have been downloaded from another website, but no credit is given.  This leads to future posts leaving comments such as "Omg ur such a gud artist!!!!111one" even though no art was actually created.
5.)  DEMO! No demo, no moving. At least half an hour playtime required.

So, there are the rules.  I will be doing my best to enforce them, so DO NOT EVOKE MY WRATH.  If I encounter a thread which does not contain these basic requirements, a private message will be sent to the creator of the thread as a warning.  This then gives them a chance to fix their posts without fear of the thread being deleted.  Of course, if they fail to fix the post, their thread will be locked.  I will give you 48 hours to fix the post after the initial warning has been sent.  I think that's fair.

There you have it.  Happy RPG Making!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:55:06 AM by HaloOfTheSun »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Lol, Yossy = mod

I canĀ“t wait to see the first heads rolling! :very bad guy:
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Hummm... kind of OK with the rules... I guess I have to be... BUT,,,,,  ::)

Keep us updated on an upcoming game or show off a finished one.

Now if you have a few idea's that COULD become up coming titles but you want to know what best appeals to the masses, what area of the Forum is best to use... I mean it is after all a project in planning...

Can you make a SUB section called Project idea's or some thing... And then would be story writters could even put in Game requests based around their idea's... how cool would that be...?

I come up with Idea's all the time,  but I doubt I will make all of them... If you make the SUB section I guess incomplete projects can also be placed there and people can finish them if they wish... IE I will upload a link to Entrusted Vengeance and some one else can finish it and correct all my spelling & Grammer errors !!! LOL

I posted this thread and by rights and the new LAW I should-nee have done so... http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3203.0

If you make the sub section I suggested may be you could transfer it ?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:59:31 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yossy the moderator! All moderating up in here. Good job Yoss.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Hummm... kind of OK with the rules... I guess I have to be... BUT,,,,,  ::)

Keep us updated on an upcoming game or show off a finished one.

Now if you have a few idea's that COULD become up coming titles but you want to know what best appeals to the masses, what area of the Forum is best to use... I mean it is after all a project in planning...

Can you make a SUB section called Project idea's or some thing... And then would be story writters could even put in Game requests based around their idea's... how cool would that be...?

I come up with Idea's all the time,  but I doubt I will make all of them... If you make the SUB section I guess incomplete projects can also be placed there and people can finish them if they wish... IE I will upload a link to Entrusted Vengeance and some one else can finish it and correct all my spelling & Grammer errors !!! LOL

I posted this thread and by rights and the new LAW I should-nee have done so... http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3203.0

If you make the sub section I suggested may be you could transfer it ?

We'd have to get Crankeye or Silverline to make the subforum. Until then, it would be best to post ideas and such in Creativity Outlet, since basically you just have a story.

And please everyone, keep in mind that we're doing this because Projects/Games gets so cluttered with projects that are, essentially, useless. There ARE projects here that are going to release demos, and maybe a full project, but they will be lost in the mass of topics, never to be noticed. This is our sort of solution to that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 09:25:50 PM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yes, if you have the basic idea for a game, but not enough substance to post in th Projects/Games section, it is perfectly acceptable to post in the Creativity Outlet.  As a moderator, I can't create subforums, so that would be a suggestion to send to Crank or Silverline.

ALSO!  Seeing as I am only one person, it is impossible for me to manage the entire Projects/Games section.  If any of you fellow patrons come across a thread which does not follow the requirements, politely remind the creator of the thread to review the rules in this sticky.  If you don't feel like being polite, then you can notify me and I'll send them a warning.  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  Except to me.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I reserve the right to say whatever I want.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I reserve the right to post the ignorant comments leftover from when everyone else is finished.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I reserve the right to do what I want at this forum.

Therefore I just owned you all and I can own you, since I can do whatever I want, since I have the right to do it.
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I reserve the right to lock this topic to avoid further spam.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I reserve the right to respect Yossy's authoritah.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
In a world of equal rights... who's to say they have the right to reserve a right ?...

Is that right...?

I dunno...  ???

but if all rights are equally obtainable then all you reserves are null and void...

That is if your living in a Democratic World of Equal Rights...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
SIDE-NOTE

Of course, recruitment topics need not meet the requirements stated in the first post.  :)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
*posts in a locked topic* I will do my best to enforce these rules. :=

EDIT: I added a 5. rule as I think it is a good idea to seed fear. :=
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 09:51:41 AM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 97
I'm not sure members can unlock it if a mod locks it. Oh well, better to be safe, I suppose.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Changed the first post a little bit.
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I noticed. ;D  Nice addition.

Rep:
Level 97
For those members who didn't read the "Info For Halo And Yossy" topic, we've begun moving topics to the other two forums. DON'T freak out or post another topic if you've noticed yours is gone; it's in either the Recruitment or New Projects sub-forums.

Just thought I'd post that here to cover all our bases, and get some extra attention to the rules as well.  ;)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
True. Two one-year old topics were already bumped and I had to do .
Visit our website.