RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My first RPG. Have fun and laugh at the poor standards :p

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hi all. I recently got RPG maker XP, and to learn the ropes I made a quick fun game.
It's not meant to be serious at all, and I made it quickly with rubbish paint-drawn sprites  :oops: (really I could do much better), stupid storyline, etc.
Basicaly, I just want to know what people make of it and if they find any glitches or whatnot.

The game: Half-Form (ie you) and the search for a meaning in life.
Version: 1.0
Requires: the usual RPG stuff, a sense of humour.
features: nothing new (IDK how yet).
Length: about 1.5 hours probably.
Story: You are a bloke, Half-Form, who lives in a country called Holend. No one in said country has a meaning in life, so you and a bunch of freinds (the usual buch of RPG freaks) have decided to leave. Of course this is against the law, and so you've got to kill those who get in your way. that's basicaly it. It does have a slightly branching storyline, with all sorts of secrets for those who think lateraly (or at all :p) and it's not super easy either. I recon it's fun, and my mates have a laugh with it so you too may enjoy it.

I'm looking for feedback on how well the game plays, what I have done right, what doesn't work, glitches etc. Just remember this is my first attempt at a game, and I don't play RPGs much so go easy.

Download: VOILA:- MEGAUPLOAD: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N6U8ZILF SAVEFILE: http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1109161

Pictures: OK it's laughter time:- (sorry they're kind of big)

Title screen

A battle screen

A map

Owl town  :-D

Thanks in advance  :-D.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 08:56:45 AM by Doyora »
Awwww yeah.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Haha, welcome to the RPG Maker world, and the Crankeye forums!  I will definitely try out your game once you have it uploaded.  Here is a tip for you: if you are a beginner in the world of game making, I recommend you do not start out with RPG Maker XP.  My advice to you is that you download RPG Maker 2003 and fiddle with the common events and the limitless possibilities available to you via "event scripting."  It will save your life if you're like me, meaning too lazy to learn RGSS (the scripting language for RMXP).

Ok I put up the download link now that I've found a place to host it + I've put up some pics (embarasingly large ones, at that). Er.. don't expect much  :-D Have fun.
Awwww yeah.

Righteous Crusaders
Woah, a non RTP user.  I don't think I've ever seen any, even small games, that weren't so RTP based.  Also the battlers are the same style, and look customly made.  I might try this out, when my ROSE trial runs out

Cool. Is that good or bad (please excuse my ignorance)?
Awwww yeah.

Rep:
Level 89
The Knight Sabers Shall hunt thine adversaries.
using non-RTP resources is not bad doyora. but as Yossy said, you might want to start out with RPG Maker 2003. I, myself, used RPG Maker 2000 to start out, then I heard of RPG Maker 2003 and then finally, I stuck to RPG Maker XP because I only had scripting to learn, and I'm learning it quite fast because I don't have to bother learning the basic stuff.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Zone Of The End
I don't prove anything to anyone!

Uh, I can't actually remember where I got the idea from, but yes now that you mention it, it does kind of look like mario, yeah. Except with a train driver's hat.

As for switching to RPG 2003 I might. I think I've got most of the basic functions nailed now in XP (except variables. I've not tried that yet), but I could do it for comparison.

Has anyone played it yet?
Awwww yeah.

Eating tacos!!!
Has anyone played it yet?

Could you put it in a WINZIP file?
It's hard to look good or/and strong if you have a duck dressed in a sailor suit to back you up.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Eating tacos!!!
Thanks! :-D   *downloading*
It's hard to look good or/and strong if you have a duck dressed in a sailor suit to back you up.

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
...Mario?

rotfl
It looked like him.
Alright, I suggest you have a go at maybe making your own tilesets aswell (coz they don't mix, characaters and tilesets)
but its looks alright (CANT DOWNLOAD BECAUSE MEGAUPLOAD IS ****)

I've had a mess around with a newer version, and now you can ride a creature around at high speed. But that's about it... so no new upload yet.

Has anyone played this game yet? If so what do you think of it? please?
Awwww yeah.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
As much as I would love to play this game, MegaUpload is being annoying...  "The Search For the Meaning of Life," eh?  Is it fourty-two?

Woah, a non RTP user. I don't think I've ever seen any, even small games, that weren't so RTP based. Also the battlers are the same style, and look customly made. I might try this out, when my ROSE trial runs out

SOMEONE hasn't played my game.   :-D

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
I just noticed something...half form has a hair drier!!! thats the coolest weapon ever  :-D

P.S please host your game on filefront or savefile

Filesave's servers are no longer full, so now I'm uploading the game to them. link soon if it is successfull.
Awwww yeah.

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
YAY coz I really like the look of your game  :-D

Awwww yeah.

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
XD downloading now  :-D

You know...
The thing that makes you game so special is the fact that ur make the chars urself.
And the unique stuff you added.
Now.. of course.. the graphics could be better. But you surely made urself an unique game!
so rate: 8/10
For 9/10 or 10/10 you really need to find a artist.

Supervisor... For the real small things... and the finest stuff...
www.rpgs.nl
Woodcutting Xtreme: 94% Stuck on Error

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
OMG CAT IN THE HAT!!!  :lol:

Great game (lmao cabbage spell) 9/10 please make some tilesets to suit your characters and you will get a 10/10

Yey fans! I'm glad you like it. How far have you got? Noticed any problems yet? Found any 'secret' places (HINT: look for a pirate confuser)  :-D
Awwww yeah.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
This is... Your first game? and you didn't use 100% rtp? and you understand everything except variables(variables are hard, so don't worry if its confusing at first)?
You, my friend, are not a noob. And I say this a lot:
80% of the RPG Making population uses rmxp and 90% of that 80% uses 100% rtp.
Using any resources that isn't rtp or rtp style is genius, as simple as it is. You are amazing! I will download this game right now! There need to be more cool people like who make games! Most people suck at agmes, but you have good maps, custom art, and stuff that makes games get 10/10! Eoot! (10/10 is not what I'm rating it, because I have yet to download it)

AND the game is only 5 megs, so even a pathetic dial-up user like me can play it! A good game a dial-up user can play! Genius!

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
I'll host your game.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I tried to play it, but it says I'm missing RGSS105E.dll. What's that all about?