RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Advanced side-view battle system (does not require battlers)

This is not really my script, but i have modified it and wanted to show ya!

Here i go:

EDIT: Post was limited, posting in new post.

Edit2: The script is over 5000 lines. Posting a download link for notebook.

EDIT3: http://www.martinsgamegallery.net/cbs.txt

EDIT4: Demo http://www.martinsgamegallery.net/cbs.exe

Instructions: Not needed. just import your characters to the battlers folder and assign heroes or monsters with them. NOTE: Standard RTP does not have too.

Rep:
Level 90
:D I like it but they don't look very good they look like there floating =O

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
Did you make this? It's perrty good exept when I use with my sprites the way they walk up to enemy and attack don't work they just get stuck and start running in place....other than that gj btw does this work with battle report?I can test it becouse the battle gets stuck with the running.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Quote from: BPKS0
:D I like it but they don't look very good they look like there floating =O

That can be modified. try making a map solely for battle, and remove the battle scrren in the tilesets in the database. it will make u battle on the map, and the character goes transparent if they are under a tree.

Quote from: sepiroth666
Did you make this? It's perrty good exept when I use with my sprites the way they walk up to enemy and attack don't work they just get stuck and start running in place....other than that gj btw does this work with battle report?I can test it becouse the battle gets stuck with the running.

Not made by me, can't remember. Yes it's compatible, i think and i don't remember the author name! And stuck? I don't see whatcha mean!!!  :whoa:

EDIT: The script is modified by me though.

Rep:
Level 90
~
Woah! You can have up to 7 people in the battle screen with it being bug free!  I imagine if I just edit the Ring Menu a bit I can get an un bugged 7 party member set for my game!!

Good editing job, even though I haven't tried the animated side battle script XD

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member

He means that in the battle, the sprites don't go anywhere, and the start moving as if they were, and then the battle gets stuck, because they aren't doing anything.
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hmm i just tried it out in a new game and it worked fine, i did not like the cbs much though.

Edit: my bad i never tried it in a new game, I played the demo and it ran with no probs, i don't know where my head is today sheesh.
Please do not request anything from me as i'm very busy and hardly have time to work on my own game, but if i create something good i will be sure to upload it, thanks for looking, and leave me a comment.

Rep:
Level 90
~

Okay, the way to fix that.  The character does actually need an assigned battle graphic, but for all we care it could be a dot!

Anyway to fix this, make sure the battle graphic and the character graphic has the same name like... 001-Fighter01 and 001-Fighter01

using a char gtaphic named DaltonPage and a battle graphic named Page and comparing the facts with the demo is how I found this out.  Also I tried making people without using battle graphics and ones that didnt match and put on ones that do match.  Combine this with the Tactics Menu on www.rmxp.net and you can have up to 7 char parties without any problems as far as I can see.

Quote from: DeathTrooper

Okay, the way to fix that.  The character does actually need an assigned battle graphic, but for all we care it could be a dot!

Anyway to fix this, make sure the battle graphic and the character graphic has the same name like... 001-Fighter01 and 001-Fighter01

using a char gtaphic named DaltonPage and a battle graphic named Page and comparing the facts with the demo is how I found this out.  Also I tried making people without using battle graphics and ones that didnt match and put on ones that do match.  Combine this with the Tactics Menu on www.rmxp.net and you can have up to 7 char parties without any problems as far as I can see.

lol, and i was halfway done with combining it with a script that automatically chooses the character in battle. I am halfway done with it, and it could work like this:

Make a name of a hero/monster

Then leave the battler graphic blank, and it will assign the charset into the cbs automatically, but i guess it ain't needed. PS: It would work ONLY FOR THIS CBS!!!

But anyways, this is a replacement for those lazy guys who don't wanna search the net for Cybersam battlers.

Is there any way to make the characters not move when using magic?
Thank you in advance if you can help! :D

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
This is F'ing awesome!!! but one thing???? how do you make it so if you have a gunner he dosnt run up to the person to shoot? and same with magic as in above? :?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
i tried it out,and i like it,the only problem is that when i get into a battle with an imported enemy and error comes up stateing that it's not in the character folder,fine,i fixed that but when i tried to battle it again,it worked but it was only a little square of the enemy -.- is there anyway to fix that?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
gah! im on another pc ill look at this when im back on my one it sounds great though

Rep:
Level 90
This script is awesome!!!

I'm absolutely gonna use this script! :D
Thanks Rikkuholic! And thanks Deathtrooper for solving that problem!

Btw Rikkuholic, do you want credit, or do you know anyone I should credit?
Going on a vacation...(To FLORIDA!!!)
Will be away the three closest weeks...

Okay... I tried it in a test game and it worked like a charm, but when I pasted it into my main game it gets all buggy every time they try to attack. Anyone know what's wrong?

Edit: It only happens when I use original characters. Using the pre-made ones work fine.

Edit2: Sorry for repeating a question.

Rep:
Level 90
If you look further up on this topic,
Deathtrooper solved that problem.
Going on a vacation...(To FLORIDA!!!)
Will be away the three closest weeks...

Rep:
Level 89
Developer
Where do I copy that script to?
<3 phenom
<3 Hypnotic

Okay, I tried using an original enemy and it causes an error pop-up.

I know this is an old topic but I just wanted to shaer sumtihn and ask a question. first the question.
Is there a way that you could use battlers that would look just like the charactre on the map exept you make the atk animations like you would for the cyberslams script??? :wink:  just thought it would be kinda kewlish.

And now for wat I wanted to share with you. Its really nuthin cept a simple animation but i think its works well enough. To make it seem like your character is swinging the equiped weapon take the icon and make an animation of it and set it to its desired weapon. I know other ppl coulda done this easily but I thought it was worth sharing. :D
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

Rep:
Level 90
When I try to attack somthing, the people just kinda run in place... XDXD
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 90
To solve this as posted before u need to have people with the same names for the charset and battle image example...

035-Mage03 would not work with Mike or 035-mage03
035-Mage03 and Mike are not the same.
035-Mage03 and 035-mage03 are not the same. One has a capital and one doesn't.

Chris     chris   |  Chris   08-Figher8
None of those would work.

Chris and Chris would work. Hope this helps.

Rep:
Level 90
Ive tried that and anything else that seemed to make sense to me... It wont work.. it may be a script Im using... Because I trtied it on a new project and it worked fine...

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 90
Thats probably it then. If u use a script that edits the battle parts of the normal scripts thats probably it.

Rep:
Level 90
If I were to send you a demo with just the scripts in it being used, could you check it for me?

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 90
yea sure thing :D