RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Astralis: Rise of the Dark Army (WIP)

Poll

Given the choice, what's more important?

Detailed skills and passives bought with JP and a skill equip screen.
Class changing and skills bought with JP but no passives and less functionality to skills
Neither, other features are more important
Both! Find a way to do it, loser

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Enarovia Beckons Once More

Spoiler for Plot Synopsis:
Albareth. The Second Kingdom of Enarovia. Daughter of the Elder Realm of Ardyll, Home of the Eldan Conquerors. It was here that a band of adventurers sought their fortune in Eaglerest Keep. It was here that those adventurers vanished.

Take up the mantle of four new heroes as they unwittingly uncover a conspiracy between powers both ancient and terrible. Guide them as you see fit through peril of political intrigues, the revenge of a race that once enslaved all of mankind, and the recesses of their very dreams.

The Power of RMVX Unleashed!
In The Breaking of the Ancient Seal, the RTP was the limit. No longer!
Spoiler for Game Features:

Fullscreen option available on startup!

Customisable play options, like these windowskins...

...and the game's Options screen!

Getting lost? Worry not! The Quest Journal will set you straight!

It is said, “Save early, Save often”. The Save scene allows you to have multiple save slots, and it has a miniature screenshot of your position!

Learning the Ropes
Start small, finish as a Legend
Spoiler for Class System Features:

A Job Point system lets you gain class skills when you decide you want them. In addition, more advanced classes can be unlocked through Skill and Key Item purchases. Any character can be any class you please!

Character selection allows for male or female characters and a variable party composition. Name you characters as you see fit. Change your party leader with the push of a button!

Highly detailed status screens allow you to decide exactly what is best for your party by showing changes in stats when different equipment is selected. Two new stats make your decisions even more crucial to your success!

Each class has specific strengths and weaknesses. Depending on how you choose to level your characters, they can be combat monsters or magic machines, or a little of both. Make you characters grow even more with passive Stat Boosters. Some classes have hidden passive abilities to make them better at their specialty!

Equipment isn’t all that you can play with- eight skill slots can be filled with almost any of the skills your character has learned. There is only room for so many skills, so your decisions here will have a great impact on your strategies!

A post-battle report tells you how your characters are progressing, from experience gained to Job Points received and any loot you find. Stats gained from levelling up are shown next to the old stats so you can see just how much stronger your characters are!

Tools of the Trade
The world holds many forgotten secrets
Spoiler for Equipment Conventions:

Every class will have its own equipment specialty, making it easier to keep track of what purchases you need to make!

You may find some unique arms and armour in your travels- things that there are only one of in the world, and will never see again if sold or disposed of!

Each character has a slot for the Helm, Armour, Shield, Cloak, and three accessory slots. Accessories add a variety of continuous abilities to your characters!

In addition to unique arms, equipment also comes in sets, much like those seen in Diablo II, Sacred, and World of Warcraft. Lower powered sets are for sale with special vendors, and class-specific sets can be found through adventuring and questing!

The World of Enarovia
This is the way of life in Albareth
Spoiler for The Game World:

The vast setting of Astralis is easy to get lost in. Fortunately, the game includes a Tome of Lore that you can access from the menu. It can tell you about Enarovia’s history, cultures and races, and may answer a few questions for you concerning the tenor of the game and its inhabitants.

Returning from Breaking of the Ancient seal is variable dialogue from NPCs. Fewer canned messages, and of course, each NPC is a character in their own right!

Professions are back, each still featuring a tool that allows you to excel and also tells you how well you’re doing in that profession skill. Each yields not only valuable commodities to sell for gold, but you may just find a hidden artefact or other secret.

Battle can be toggled between side view, diagonal view, or front view- with or without battlers. Choose what suits you best. The enemy battlers are animated and will react to your attacks as well as carry out their own attack animations. Monsters drop more than just two predetermined treasures!

Each character has a skill that is their very own, regardless of class. Eight unique skills in all!

The transition to the battle screen simulates a shattering pane of glass. The abstract battle backgrounds are replaced by pictures that represent the terrain!

Credits and Acknowledgements
No Man is an Island
Spoiler for Very Thanks. So Gratitude.:
Spoiler for Scripting:
Yanfly Engine Melody, Victory Aftermath, and Game Options scripts: Yanfly

Equipment Set Bonuses, No Zombie Leaders, Shatter Transitions, Drop Options,  Party Order, and Quest Journal scripts:  Modern Algebra

Equipment Level Bonuses and Weapon Unleash scripts: TDS

Neo Save and Credits Screen scripts: Woratana

Fullscreen Option Script: DarkGaia

Thomas Edison VX script: BulletXT

Splash Screen and Day/Night script: KGC

Max Character Level and Success Bar game scripts: Jet10985

Gamepedia and Dice Game script: IXFURU

Pong Mini-Game script: D&P3

Spoiler for Event Systems:
Hero Selection Event: Virusasa

Character Rename, Profession Skill Check Tools: EvilM00s

Dark Room/Torch System: evilDrSpock

Fishing, Mining and Lumbering Professions: fenicearcana

Floor Tile Puzzle and Cart Chase: Zylos

Spoiler for Audio and Visual, Special Thanks:
Music by Halo of the Sun.

Mapping elements on Tilesets A1, A2 and E by Syrubius

Special thanks to yuyubabe, Acolyte and Roph.

Extra Special Thanks to Origin Games, Wizards of the Coast, Eidos Games, Gary Gygax, Monte Cook, Skip Williams and Jonathan Tweet, whose works are given homage within this game.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:15:58 PM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Frankly (see what I did there?), this looks to be an awesome project. Can't wait to see it bud!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Eeeeeeeee!! I wanna play this! :gracie: The story seems very promising!

I'm really looking forward to all the class specifics and the exploration, combined with a quest log. Plus, I'm so happy to see another game with limited skills. It really neatens up the experience. B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Frankly (see what I did there?),
*rimshot* Nice move, brother, nice move...

this looks to be an awesome project. Can't wait to see it bud!

Thank you very much. I'm putting a LOT of love into it. It's one of the stories  I've been telling through D&D campaigns for over 20 years now. Of course, it's not going to run like a D&D game, nor do I try to emulate any of the mechanics. However, the astute observer will detect some connective tissue between the two.

Eeeeeeeee!! I wanna play this! :gracie: The story seems very promising!
I'm really looking forward to all the class specifics and the exploration, combined with a quest log. Plus, I'm so happy to see another game with limited skills. It really neatens up the experience. B)

Your excitment is contagious! It's definitely something I'm poassionate about. I just wanted to look at it this morning, and I wound up finding a methof to place the Quest Journal into the Scene_Menu. With SCRIPTING. *ish prowd* Of course, it was kinda designed that way, but the fact that I get Ruby enough to tweak two different scripts to work with each other is a step ahead for me.

I also found ways to cut a script or two out. It seems that some YEM components do a ton of things for me that other, smaller scripts were intended to do. So, the code is less bulky! Harosho!

I have the next few days off, and I'm gonna try like hell to get some screens and pics up. Untill I have a decent working model, this thread will remain a WIP type discussion, and I welcome any feedback. Check every once in a while for a new poll; RMRK is my counsel for this type of thing.

I have a few other things planned that may turn out to be fun even before the game is complete, like community directed subclasses. In other words, RMRK decides what kinds of special subclasses will appear. On that note, any ideas for equipment, monsters, special encounters or charaters (wanna be a character? We can do that) are welcome. I'd like for RMRK to see some of itself in the game, since so many of you are a part of me.

The parts I wash.

Occasionally.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I'm no good with monsters, but I like working with equipment! Personally, I like to make each set of equipment have its own purpose (based on classes).

For example, I like to have specified weapons for warriors, rogues, and mages, and then hybrids between. Such as: warrior-rogue, warrior-mage, mage-rogue, and so on. So, typically someone will know that a sword is a mix between a warrior and rogue weapon, etc. And the same goes for armor. It just helps me organize things. :drsword:

Also, I would have no qualms about being a cheery apprentice psychic, if you're in need of one of those! ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'm no good with monsters, but I like working with equipment! For example, I like to have specified weapons for warriors, rogues, and mages, and then hybrids between. Such as: warrior-rogue, warrior-mage, mage-rogue, and so on. So, typically someone will know that a sword is a mix between a warrior and rogue weapon, etc. And the same goes for armor. It just helps me organize things. :drsword:

If you are interested, I'll PM some ideas to you for your consideration.

Also, I would have no qualms about being a cheery apprentice psychic, if you're in need of one of those! ;o

*giggle* Excellent!
Spoiler for Your Character:
You are Chaderac Vel, Daughter of Chaderac Lyn and sister to Chaderac Del and Chaderac Liv. (You're the little girl in BOTAS that talks about thanking mom for dinner.) You are of the Barbarois, a loose nation of gypsy tribes that inhabit the Demordrian and Aiel Wastes in the valleys of the Mystfalcon Mountain Range. You have inherited your mother's gift of "sight", the abitily to know that which is hidden. You are a Seer, a type of psion.

You are the first generation of Barbarois to live in Albareth without coersion. Your people are distrusted in the Two Kingdoms because of a war over thirty years ago that the Eldan conquerors could not win. However, because you lack the accent of your people, you pass for Eldan easily. You have a small business telling fortunes in Erelan close to your home.

Your sister Liv has been missing for two years. She was to go back to Serkesh, the city of the Barbarois and has not made contact since. Your brother Del has recently finished his apprenticeship as a ranger unger Yagno Pettrovich, who died peacefully in his sleep last week while Del was on an embassage to the old kingdom. His letters indicate that he has joined their corps of Rangers- but the constabulary has declared them outlaw for allowing Gnolls to enter the city's walls. Del is currently working to clear his- and his fellows'- name. He is currently back home for his mentor's funeral.

Liv was the middle child, and seemingly born with no special talents (besides a chip on her shoulder) she would always try to emulate you and Del. She shows signs of the sight, but cannot manifest them. Her survival skills were second rate as well, so she struck out for Serkesh to find her identity.
You do not know your father; he died during the war. All your mother would tell you was that he was brave and led the Barbarois to many victories.

You are quick to smile, and your affect is bubblier than a two liter of Diet Coke with Alka Seltzer dropped in it. You "see" more about people than you let on, knowing that revealing someone's destiny may change it. However, recent events have begun to make you think it's time to spill some of the beans...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you are interested, I'll PM some ideas to you for your consideration.

Go right ahead! B) I'd be happy to help!

Spoiler for Your Character:
You are Chaderac Vel, Daughter of Chaderac Lyn and sister to Chaderac Del and Chaderac Liv. (You're the little girl in BOTAS that talks about thanking mom for dinner.) You are of the Barbarois, a loose nation of gypsy tribes that inhabit the Demordrian and Aiel Wastes in the valleys of the Mystfalcon Mountain Range. You have inherited your mother's gift of "sight", the abitily to know that which is hidden. You are a Seer, a type of psion.

You are the first generation of Barbarois to live in Albareth without coersion. Your people are distrusted in the Two Kingdoms because of a war over thirty years ago that the Eldan conquerors could not win. However, because you lack the accent of your people, you pass for Eldan easily. You have a small business telling fortunes in Erelan close to your home.

Your sister Liv has been missing for two years. She was to go back to Serkesh, the city of the Barbarois and has not made contact since. Your brother Del has recently finished his apprenticeship as a ranger unger Yagno Pettrovich, who died peacefully in his sleep last week while Del was on an embassage to the old kingdom. His letters indicate that he has joined their corps of Rangers- but the constabulary has declared them outlaw for allowing Gnolls to enter the city's walls. Del is currently working to clear his- and his fellows'- name. He is currently back home for his mentor's funeral.

Liv was the middle child, and seemingly born with no special talents (besides a chip on her shoulder) she would always try to emulate you and Del. She shows signs of the sight, but cannot manifest them. Her survival skills were second rate as well, so she struck out for Serkesh to find her identity.
You do not know your father; he died during the war. All your mother would tell you was that he was brave and led the Barbarois to many victories.

You are quick to smile, and your affect is bubblier than a two liter of Diet Coke with Alka Seltzer dropped in it. You "see" more about people than you let on, knowing that revealing someone's destiny may change it. However, recent events have begun to make you think it's time to spill some of the beans...

That's quite a bit of backstory! o.o I'm impressed! ;o; And seriously happy that I have powers akin to spilling beans and dropping alka seltzer in diet coke! ^_^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'm glad you approve! Oh, man, I can't wait to write you into the story...

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Post updated with the title banner.

Hey, um, mods... I seem to have closed the poll and can't re-open it. Can I get a hand with that?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Fixed! B) It's still set to a max of two votes, though. Just in case you only wanted it to be one. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Sweet! Thanks, dude.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hit a bit of a snag in the engine. It seems taht the nifty script I was using for skills and passives skills does not work with the class change script. They're both by Yanfly, so hopefully I can get some help from our rock star scripters- perhaps in the way of a fix or new script entirely. I posted a help request here in case anyone reading has the knowledge to assist.

If there isn't a workaround, I'll have a tough decision to make. THe plan was to have JP purchased skills, JP purchased passives and a skill equip scene, all done by two of the YEM scripts. Then there was to be a class changing scene provided by the YERD script. I think it's more inportant to have the class changing, so I'll at least need to find a method to have passive skills and just write off the other functions of the YEM scripts.

OR, I can keep the funtions of the YEM scripts and forego the class change script; this will force me to remove some player choice as far as characters go so I can code in events that change class. I suppose I'll just have to wait to see if someone with more knowledge responds.

However, all the other aspects of the engine work perfectly, and as Pac once told me YEM > Tankentai for combat engines.

I'm going to work on the Database until I have more information, and hopefully there will be a solution. Either way, there are so many more features that DO work that this project will go forward. Check out the new screens I put up under "Learning the Ropes" to see the YEM JP script and a few other features, and please take time to respond to the poll!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
his talent knows no bounds~   This looks really impressive sir. I might even have to break down and play it (when finished of course) xD  ;) 

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
 :yuyu:

*fidgets with sheepish pride*

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Voted! ;o Also, let me know if ye need any more help!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'm rather bummed; my computer's PSU fried. While I have another on order, I don't yet know the extent of any damage that may have occurred to the other parts. Hopefully none!

However, I do have some backed up software and a laptop I can use in the worst case scenario, and while the game itself is not backed up as a unit, the parts are. So the good news is that the project will continue one way or the other. I'll know more wednesday.

Not all that inportant to the general public, I just wanted to keep a record of the project's development- good and bad.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's awful... But I'm glad to see that it's not deterring you from your game! :)

You got this, M00s!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, so I guess I'll have to start over. PC is toast. However, I refuse to abandon this project. Expect an update next week!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, no... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm rooting for you, M00s! ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Thank you. I already Dl'd the core scripts to a thumb drive, now I just have to install RMVX on my lady's laptop. I have my ways... *Evil Laff H0 H0*

Tbh, most of the work I did was learning the scripts. I already have the hard part licked. Of course, I'll still need some help with sprites and whatnot, but that's WAAAY down the road.

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Alright, got the organisation part done. There is just the matter of putting in the tricks I use to move RMVX to different machines.

Next step: Insert the scripts. They're all here on me thumb drive.

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Wishing you the best! I would love to see some screenies that aren't menus only. Good luck re-booting the project!
My project:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hopefully I can get some gameplay screens soon. It will likely be some time, because the enemy battlers are to be animated... but I suppose I can toss up a few of the battle scenes and maps as they become available, of course.

It's just going to take some time. And a decent artist, if I can find one... otherwise it's gonna take a REAL long time. Either way, I'm going nice and slow so I can get all the features in I want to have in. It's going the be pretty dense with quests, mini games and item hunts. I sure hope it all turns out as I envision it.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The path  shall open soon...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And I shall await that path - well prepared to venture forth!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]