RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
KE - Tile And Region Flash

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
Kyrie Engine - Tile and Region Flash
Version: 1
Author: SoulPour777
Version History

• Version 1 - Successfully created a Hex based flashing tile.
  • Version 2 - Successfully created a Hex based flashing region.
  • Version 3 - Successfully changed the flashing tile in color values based on DP3's rgb to hex conversion.
  • Version 4 - Successfully created the full script and some bug fixes by DP3.
Description

This script allows the game creator to flash tiles and region ids by the use of Color Values.

Features

• The developer can flash a tile.
  • The developer can flash a region.

Screenshots

Instructions

To flash a tile, make the script call:

tile_flash(x, y, red, green, blue)
 ^ wherein x and y means the direction of the tile and red, green and blue

the color values.
 Red = 0 to 255
 Green = 0 to 255
 Blue = 0 to 255

Example: tile_flash(7,10,0,255,0)
 ^ this flashes tile (7,10) to green.

To flash a region, first, go to your Region (F7) and place a region number
 on the map. After that, do a script call:
 region_flash_in_map(region_id, red, green, blue)

- The region number you placed should be the same with the ones you want to
 flash. For example, you want to flash in Region 1. Make a script call:

region_flash_in_map(1, 0, 255, 0)

^ this flashes the entire Region 1 into Green.

Script

Get the script at SoulPour777 Scripts: http://infinitytears.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/ke-tile-and-region-flash/

Credit

• SoulPour777
  • DP3 - For the bug fixes and color conversion. He also introduced me some ideas on bit shifting.

Thanks

• DP3 - a really big help, without him this script would still be using the methods without color conversions and value.

Support

If you wish to contact me about the script, such as having questions or suggestions about it, please don't hesitate to drop me a mail on my blog or contact me here at RMRK. Either way, I will respond to you quickly as soon as I received the message.

Known Compatibility Issues

- None

Author's Notes

I was at lost at first about the color conversion. DP3 was a big help on this. It saved me from reading a long article.

Terms of Use

You are free to use the script on any non-commercial projects.
You are free to adapt the script. Any modifications are allowed as long as it is provided as a note on the script.
Credits to SoulPour777 for the script.
Preserve the Script Header.
Claiming the script as your own is prohibited.

If you like my work, please do support me on Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Soulpour777?ty=h

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Seems pretty neat SoulPour777. Thank you for sharing!