RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Theo - Smithing. Simply Upgrade Your Weapon

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Smithing -- Simply Upgrade Your Weapon
Version: 1.1b
Author: TheoAllen, richter_h
Date: August 17, 2013

Version History

• <Version 1.1b> 2013.09.08 - Bugfix at attack animation
  • <Version 1.1> 2013.08.19 - Raise The Compatibility
  • <Version 1.0> 2013.08.17 - Original Release

Planned Future Features

• Socketing. After my friend, richter_h made it for his RGSS2 script
  • Dual Wield support.
  • Raise the compatibility (Part 2, if necessary)
  • Weapon level up condition(s)
  • Custom stat name?

Description

This script allow you to upgrade your equipped weapon just like suikoden. Well, at least my friend, richter_h said so. I never played suikoden actually

Features

• Add basic parameter for every weapon in each level. You may change ATK, DEF, or even MHP.
  • Change your weapon's name from a simple "Short sword" into "Shorter Sword", "Bodycleaver", "Excalibur", or even "Super Awesome Sword"? your choice.
  • Different name means that it also need a different icon and description, isn't it? Who knows if a wooden sword suddenly turned into a great hammer after upgrade it?
  • Highly customizable vocab. You may change every quotes to your language
  • Customizable color composition.
  • Customizable price formula

Screenshots

Instructions

Put this script below material but above main
To call the smithing menu, write down this following line to script call
Code: [Select]
SceneManager.call(Scene_Smith)
Don't forget to edit the extra configurations.

Script

The script is too long. Grab it here

Credit

• TheoAllen
  • richter_h. He provides the basic workflow in RGSS2

Thanks

• Hytporsche, for the request

Support

Post your question(s) here

Known Compatibility Issues

This script may not work together with Kread-EX Runic System. (At least, I heard)
And it should be compatible with many weapon related scripts

Demo

If the script documentation isn't enough to make you understand the workflow, you may grab the demo here

Author's Notes

- If your character is dual wield, this script only take the first weapon to upgrade.
- This is my first time to release a huge script module to English RPG Maker community. I hope I'll be able to support all of you
- I hope you understand the script documentation. Since I'm not quite sure about my english skill
- If you're looking for RGSS2 version, click this link

Terms of Use

Credit me, TheoAllen. Rewrite this script for RGSS3 is not that simple if you know. And don't forget to credit richter_h as well. He provides the basic workflows, so I can rewrite this script for RGSS3.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:52:02 AM by TheoAllen »
My scripts collection :
http://theolized.blogspot.com/
Sorry if I made it in Indonesian

Supporter of :

Make your own party composition based on 20 playable characters :

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Hey look, a smithing script! Great job TheoAllen.
On the side note, harapkan awak akan mengeluarkan banyak script lagi iya  :)
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Hey look, a smithing script! Great job TheoAllen.
On the side note, harapkan awak akan mengeluarkan banyak script lagi iya  :)
Thanks very much
Don't worry, I have many ideas for the future script. And I planned to translate some of my scripts to english. Just stay tune  ;)
My scripts collection :

Supporter of :

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Should have/might need compatibility with Weapon Attack Replace, Barehand Trait and other Yanfly scripts. MA's Instance Items Base might need to be checked out as well.

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Should have/might need compatibility with Weapon Attack Replace, Barehand Trait and other Yanfly scripts. MA's Instance Items Base might need to be checked out as well.
My friend just find out that it's not compatible with YEA custom equip slot. If there's any other script that incompatible, let me know and give me the script link. Well, I do not guarantee

I'll improve the compatibility later. Maybe, tomorrow or a few days later. I still have some works to do.
I'm very sorry for the trouble
My scripts collection :

Supporter of :

Rep: +0/-0Level 59
RMRK Junior
Great job! I really need this for my project!
Can't wait for socketing feature! Make it work something like in Diablo or WoW. You know, in order to insert socket you need to have socketing gem in your inventory, and you can obtain them from merchants, find them in the world or get them in loot after killing monster. Make socketing gems act like normal items.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:56:25 PM by Necrofenser »

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
So I tried it and it works fine with all my other scripts I inserted. :D
But I got a question too, is it possible to do the same for armors and such stuff? (\s/)

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Great job! I really need this for my project!
Can't wait for socketing feature! Make it work something like in Diablo or WoW. You know, in order to insert socket you need to have socketing gem in your inventory, and you can obtain them from merchants, find them in the world or get them in loot after killing monster. Make socketing gems act like normal items.
I still have no idea how the socketing menu looks like and its workflow. So, I decided to wait for my friend's script. Just stay tune ;)

So I tried it and it works fine with all my other scripts I inserted. :D
But I got a question too, is it possible to do the same for armors and such stuff? (\s/)
In this version, you can only upgrade your weapon. Well, I can add these stuffs if you want to. But I should change the script title to "Upgrade your equipment" lol
My scripts collection :

Supporter of :

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
In this version, you can only upgrade your weapon. Well, I can add these stuffs if you want to. But I should change the script title to "Upgrade your equipment" lol
Thank you, that would be really nice. :3 (\s/)

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Script updated. Improved compatibility among various script. At least, I hope so..
My scripts collection :

Supporter of :

Rep: +0/-0Level 51
RMRK Junior
I'm am using easily 30+ scripts and am not having any problems ;D The only incompatibility issue was with "Kread-EX - Runic Enchantment" and like mentioned above or on another thread, your plan on implementing a "Socket/Rune" Slot for the weapon. Might I suggest you look into EST - Suikoden Rune script and maybe somewhat collaberate with his script, considered both yours and his script is "Suikoden based".

A small suggestion, the scripts itself is highly customizable when it comes to renaming different parts. Could you make it to where we can rename the "Stats" names?

Key = {
      :mhp => 0, "Magic HP"
      :mmp => 1, "Magic MP
      :atk => 2, "Attack Power"
      :def => 3, "Defense"
      :mat => 4, "Magic Attack"
      :mdf => 5, " Magic Defense"
      :agi => 6, "Agility"
      :luk => 7, "Luck"

This is what I mean above, from the "key" in the script. Allow us to change the stat names to whatever we may want it to say ;)

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
I'm am using easily 30+ scripts and am not having any problems ;D The only incompatibility issue was with "Kread-EX - Runic Enchantment" and like mentioned above or on another thread, your plan on implementing a "Socket/Rune" Slot for the weapon. Might I suggest you look into EST - Suikoden Rune script and maybe somewhat collaberate with his script, considered both yours and his script is "Suikoden based".

A small suggestion, the scripts itself is highly customizable when it comes to renaming different parts. Could you make it to where we can rename the "Stats" names?

Key = {
      :mhp => 0, "Magic HP"
      :mmp => 1, "Magic MP
      :atk => 2, "Attack Power"
      :def => 3, "Defense"
      :mat => 4, "Magic Attack"
      :mdf => 5, " Magic Defense"
      :agi => 6, "Agility"
      :luk => 7, "Luck"

This is what I mean above, from the "key" in the script. Allow us to change the stat names to whatever we may want it to say ;)
Read another script just to make sure of compatibility is such a pain in ass. Sometimes, they have different workflows which is required will and patience to understand. I know well why most of scripters don't do compatibility patch. Personally, I choose as general as possible method of writing script (such as aliasing). So, I don't need look to another script. About the socket system, be patience. My friend still don't get his laptop back XD

Btw, I just tested with EST - Suikoden Rune demo. Seems you can use both with no problem
And I have too many request right now. I'll added your suggestion later. *added to 'to do list' note*
My scripts collection :

Supporter of :

RMRK Junior
Ohh! I didn't mean EST - Suikoden Rune had a comptibility problem. lol. I was just mentioned maybe look at his script to maybe help you on a "socket" feature. I don't script, so don't mind me sometimes.

But i understand, I'm sure you have "A LOT" of request to add-on to this amazing script. Keep em coming and I will be waiting very patiently  :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Suikoden Fanboy
Made a account just to say thanks for making this awesome script! Also really looking forward to the enchanting script too. Thanks for all your hard work!
Please tell me, is fate unchangeable?

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
Script updated. A guy on RMWeb just found a bug. When the actor used upgraded weapon, the animation will be displayed as default punches.
My scripts collection :

Supporter of :

RMRK Junior
Awesome!

Definitely look forward to these future updates though;

- Socketing. After my friend, richter_h made it for his RGSS2 script
- Custom stat name?