RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Idle Dialogue Exit

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Idle Dialogue Exit
Version: 1.0
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: July 23, 2013

Planned Future Versions
  • You Tell Me :)

Description

This script allows you to set an automatic continuation when your player is not being responsive.
Basically if your player has not read the text in the textbox before a specified amount of time, you can allow it so that the NPC talking to them can do one of two things.
  • Move on to the Next Event Command (this is just the next command in the list; so it may be another text box or a battle).
  • Exit event processing entirely. This NPC will start doing all the things they were doing before you bothered them and act like you never spoke to them.

Features

• Exits Dialogue Processing after a certain period of inactivity.
  • If the above has taken place, you can choose to exit event processing entirely if desired.
  • Activate an Event-Switch or Self-Switch once the player has ignored an NPC. Use this to make them show emotions or something of that nature.

Screenshots
Can't really screenshot this, try it out for yourself :)

Instructions

Paste this script ABOVE any custom messaging system you are using.
Instructions are in the Script.

Script

Get it from here

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

This script overwrites some default methods for window_base. I anticipate this should be okay for most Messaging Systems, however be wary of custom message systems all the same.

Demo

Shouldn't be necessary

Author's Notes

This weeks scripting has been brought to you by the letter 'k', as in "AbsoluteIce (10:51:13AM): K".

Terms of Use

You may find my Terms of Use Here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:13:08 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
AbsoluteIce - Cause he's Absolute and all so Icey ;8 (bad pun is bad ;9)
Bad pun is bad.  ;9
Anyways, nice job on the script DP3. I'm sure alot of people will find this useful for GIAW and other uses  :)
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
D&P3, I would like an option where it can activate a self-switch in the event, specified in the event, where as it's broken op the NPC would get "mad" of some sort and starts doing stuff or yelling or whatever else...

Otherwise, lovely!!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Done :yuyu:
Thanks for the suggestion.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3