RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FlipelyFlip's Extended Mouse System v0.1

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Heyey people (:

here's again a something which I made :3

What does this script do?
It gives you nearly all the functions from jets mouse system and some added stuff by me, which does not alter the mouse system from jet.
But you're asking what I did? It's easy. I started to make something similar like the touch screen menu from pokémon heartgold and soulsilver.
It allows you to select the menu options direct from the screen.
At the moment it's on it's first version, but still usable. It gives you a lot of power with no real need of scripting knowledge.

Features
This features are in the actual version included:
  • The screen is resized to 544x480. 544x320 (17x10) is used to show the map and 544x160 is used for the menu screen below.
  • provides the features of jets mouse system
  • menus can be opened at a simple click on the lower screen.
  • the pictures from 1-79 are used for the upper screen (544x320) while the pictures from 80-100 are used for the lower screen (544x160). The Pictures for the lower screen are mainly used as menu ;)
  • you will can see up to 16 party members without scrolling in the actor select window.
Planed Features
This features are planed for further releases:
  • All windows will be changed to the new resolution of 544x320.
  • The battle system will gain some special advantages by using the mouse system.
  • I will give you the option to use a sideview battle system or the standard battle system.
  • depending on the party size you will see more or less information of your actors.
  • adding the gold window to the menu.
  • allowing to make menu commands apear and disapear.
  • a special message system, with bubbles and other nice features.
If you have any other ideas, feel free to post them.

Video
Youtube-Video

Screens

at the map.

the actor selection menu

The Skill Menu

Item Menu

Downloads
Current version (v0.1) (AdF.ly Link, if you want to support me)
Current version (v0.1)

Terms of use
Everything which depends on jets mouse system is only usable for non-commercial games.
Systems which don't rely on jets mouse system are usable for non-commercial games and for commercial games.

You are not allowed to post this "scriptsystem" anywhere else without my permission.

Credits
Jet for his mouse system
Me for the other scriptstuff (except the standardscripts)

That's everything from me :3

~ FlipelyFlip
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:07:11 PM by FlipelyFlip »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it looks pretty neat! I would be cautious about editing the standard scripts since it can make it hard for some people to install or uninstall the script. Still, it seems like a good idea.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
I comented in the demo every step I made while editing the scripts.
Also I will take later the methods I changed out into extra scripts.

and thanks (: