RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sound Test Scene

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Sound Test Scene
Version: 1.0
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: June 18, 2013

Planned Future Versions
  • You Tell Me :)

Description

This script creates a new scene in your menu which allows you to listen to music in your game.
There are three different versions of this script which do different things. I suggest you read what each does before deciding which one you want to use.

Features

Customisable Version
  • Allows you to directly set the Display Name of Audio Files
  • Allows you to only listen to a certain track if you've unlocked that track via an event switch
  • Allows you to use categories for your tracks
  • Allows you to apply Audio Information for each individual track
  • Allows you to have individual album art for each song displayed in the background.

Customisable-CSV Version
  • Has the same features as the customisable version.
  • The customisation process for sound files is instead done via a .csv file rather than hardcoded into the script.

Non-Customisable Version
  • Allows you to link folders to your SoundTestScene. Each time you view the SoundTestScene all SoundFiles in that Folder will be Added for you to listen to. This includes any new sounds you've inputted since your last visit.

Screenshots
Customisable Sound Test Scene
Spoiler for:

Customisable-CSV Version
Spoiler for:

Non-Customisable Sound Test Scene
Spoiler for:

Instructions

• You can call the scene at anytime by using the following in a script call: SceneManager.call(Scene_SoundTest)
  • Go into the Editable Region on either version and edit things as needed.
  • If using the CSV Version, get the default CSV File from Mediafire and edit it as needed.
Script

Get it from here

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

• Zeriab - Just for some hugs

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Demo

Shouldn't be necessary

Author's Notes

In case you're interested you can watch this script being made here.

Terms of Use

You may find my Terms of Use Here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:55:37 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Hey, that's pretty cool! :) Awesome work, D&P3!!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Wow, finally a customisable sound test. All it's missing is a script call and menu command/sounds disable...

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Script has been updated for the customisable version.

• Sounds now have individual categories, as well as individual album art that can be displayed when selected.
  • Extra options added to the Editable Region.
  • New CSV Version Added: This version is basically the same as the customisable version except that all sound editing is done via csv files.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3