RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TroyZ - Random EXP Drop [VXAce] Version 1.0 & Version 1.1

Rep:
Level 82
Indonesian's RGSS3 Scripter
[VXAce] Version 1.0

Spoiler for Version 1.0:
Original Link
http://13th-info.blogspot.com/2013/05/troyz-random-exp-drop_27.html

How this work

This script will randomize the EXP dropped by enemy with random rate that you set in this script. Good for those who wants to block the player that often hunting EXP, cause there'll be a EXP drop range of enemy.

Screenshot

Look carefully. This slime will give you 10 EXP when death.

Battle with two slime. With above setting, we should get 20 EXP when won (10 EXP per slime).

But, what's happening? Did we just get 22 EXP? Why we didn't get 20 EXP? Simply because we set the random rate of dropped EXP with this script.  :D

How to use

Place it between material and main.

How to config

Config this one

Hehe, it's in Indonesian Language. But I'll translate it for you.  8)
Code: [Select]
Random Rate = 20 # random rate ini dalam persen
Means that you set the number in Random Rate with percent. Example above, Random Rate = 20, it means the EXP that will be dropped by enemy is in the range of 20% below base EXP and 20% above base EXP, so there is an EXP Drop Range.

Compatibility Issues

None yet. If you get some, let me know, and bug fixes will come out soon.

Who To Credit

- Allah swt. : For the chance of living that he has given to me.
- Prophet Muhammad saw. : As a leader and messenger and prophet of Muslim. I'm proud to be your follower. :)
- Agung Prasetyo(TroyZ) : Thats me, of course, the ones that made this script. :P

License

- Free Game : Just credit those two first names. My name in the credit? If you pleased, but if you don't, no problem, this is just a simple script actually.  ^-^
- Commercial Game : Same as free game's license.

Download

Demo : http://www.mediafire.com/download/xcfurup79kd11rw/TroyZ_-_Random_EXP_Drop.exe
Script Only : http://pastebin.com/BsMGqWYF

[VXAce] Version 1.1
Spoiler for Version 1.1:

Update

Just some small update, you can do the random exp rate with notetags rather than with the script module. Script module provide the base random rate with enemies that don't have notetags. Anyway, to use this script, put this notetags into enemies' notetag :

<exp lower rate: x>
<exp upper rate: x>

With x is the percentage of random rate. Example, a slime in the database have this notetags :
<exp lower rate: 20>
<exp upper rate: 70>

Means that, when this slime die, it'll give you an EXP with the range of 20% below its base EXP and 70% above its base EXP. When you don't want the enemies have random rate of EXP, just put 0 as a percentage of lower rate and upper rate.

Download

Script Only : http://pastebin.com/hwQ422R0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:45:47 AM by TroyZ »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Is there a way to make it give more, but not less.

Like if I have it set to EXP:100 with the "Random Rate = 20". Can I make it give you between 100 and 120?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
well, just wait for version 1.1, i'm gonna put some small update by using notetag of lower rate and upper rate, and also notetag of no rate. that's also my plan, but i haven't realize it due to my work :D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thank you posting for this script.

I was re-reading what I had posted, and realized I hadn't thanked you. :\
Sorry about that.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
well, it doesn't matter actually. but, you're welcome.  ;D

as you wish, version 1.1 is coming
http://pastebin.com/hwQ422R0

also updated first post  :rk:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Another neat little script. Thanks for sharing TroyZ

Rep:
Level 82
well, thanks for your appreciation, modern algebra.  ;D
i'll also post the gold version of this script.  ::)