RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Duskwind (Restart)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
This is a restart for Duskwind, same name, same basic idea but an entirely different concept!

Duskwind
!! Remember that spoilers may contain spoilers !!

Plot & Idea
Spoiler for Story:
You are one of the Guardians of the world, though Asrii doesn't know your name (since she has too many Guardians). Asrii summons you in her palace and tells you that you have been chosen to be sent down to the world. Any information about why you are sent down or what you are to do, has no been given to you. And since, down on the world, guardians become regular people, you wouldn't remember either.
You notice people acting strange near you and you wonder why. Go on your adventure and find the reason why you are chosen!

Spoiler for Idea:
The idea is to take the same ability of using shadows and darkness to your liking. But since you can't remember your past, you also don't know anything about this ability.
It will be a horror-mystery game, so it won't contain any gore or blood, but the setting and the mood will be put into creepy mode. With of course the occasional creepy stuff.

This is being made on the cliché plot of "you need to chase the bad guy, kill him and save the world" but the twist will be in the not knowing who the bad guy is or even who you are. But this will all be made clear inside the game itself.

Characters:
Spoiler for Characters:
At this moment, all I can say is this: The antagonist is you! With the background story of being a Duskwind Guardian but since you can't remember anyway, it doesn't matter actually. Though, that's what you are looking for.

World:
The world in this game consists of twee separate dimensions. First of all, there's Niher, the world of people and there's Duskwind, world of Guardians.
Spoiler for Niher:
Niherland is the world of people. all of the people on this world believe, somehow, in Duskwind. They think that when they are good people, they'll become a guardian. But they don't know what a guardian is, does or looks like, all they know is that there are.

Since a couple of months, Niher is being rampaged by evil beings. It is as if they turned up, right when people started to lose faith in Duskwind. But it has nothing to do with that. It is just the start of a devastating future and loads of people want it to be stopped.
Spoiler for Duskwind:
Duskwind is a place in another dimension than Niher. Though, Asrii connected the both worlds with a small and dangerous bridge that can only be crossed by Guardians who know the way. But this bridge-magic is falling down to pieces. It now is not nearly as dangerous as it used to be, but it now also gives access to another world, the Outerworld.
Spoiler for Outerworld:
Next to Duskwind, people also believe in another option after death. Since the beginning of time, it is told that bad people will go to the Outerworld and transform into some kind of soulless, ugly, dangerous Beast.
Even though some people think these worlds don't exist, they actually do exist. People can only see one world, but Guardians see two. The major problem is the question of how many dimensions the Beasts can see. Do the only see theirs and whatever is linked to their world? Or can they see both Niher and Duskwind?

Others
Spoiler for Features:
Even though this is just the beginning of this game, this is a list of features that are wanted in this game by me. Items on this list may be added, deleted or changed entirely during the progress in game creation.
  • Custom Menu being Book, Bag and Exit
  • Custom Title Screen
  • Skill trees
  • Custom Battle System, don't know whether this will be implemented or what it will look like, but I will try to get one if I have the will to :)
  • Unique use of skills
  • Custom music, made by me (and maybe some others)
  • Custom graphics (res from spritemakers, edited by me)
  • More to come
MORE INFO SOON!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:44:36 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
This project may go a lot slower than most people like but it will be updated any time I have...

As for now: I'll be spending all my free time into this as I have been busy rehearsing for Belgium's Got Talent auditions (tomorrow!!!)...
Though, an idea has been slumbering in my mind to actually make the antagonist female and put in loads of triangles of love-stories where you got to choose which alters the ending as well. Making the very last ending one where you will return being guardian, get married, take your boyfriend as a guardian with you or whatever else I can think of!!!

How does that sound to you guys??

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
u need a title scrn bcus i am gud at making them just give me a shout am im make 1 4 u
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I honestly keep checking back on this project for some reason. I never see anything new, but I like to check out all project threads. I just want to say, don't ever feel the need to rush your game. In fact, if it never releases, it would be fine because it's your decision. Don't feel rushed when making your game :) you should enjoy making it no matter how long it takes

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I honestly keep checking back on this project for some reason. I never see anything new, but I like to check out all project threads. I just want to say, don't ever feel the need to rush your game. In fact, if it never releases, it would be fine because it's your decision. Don't feel rushed when making your game :) you should enjoy making it no matter how long it takes
I'm never releasing anything new because I don't have the time to work on it, so it will most definitely be a long term project...

Anyway, I'm going to concentrate on a smaller project first that may be released a lot sooner as I'm going to make it WITH my sister.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!: