RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Actor Voices in Battle

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Actor Voices in Battle
Version: 2.6
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: December 11, 2012

Planned Future Versions
  • You Tell Me :)

Description

This script grants you the ability to have your actors talk throughout battle; it will pick an actor at random at the start of battle to say something relevent about what they expect from this battle. After that, the actors will get voices when attacking and when getting damaged, also when using a skill.

Features

• Gives your party the ability to predict the turnout of a battle and voice their opinions on it, so they can say that they need recovery if they are badly injured, or comment on how they are outnumbered, or comment about how strong they are compared to the enemy troop.
  • Gives you the ability to set up the above values if you don't like the defaults.
  • Can easily set up voices per actor per skill & item via the use of notetags.
  • Can mute battle voices with an event switch and by actors having a specific state attached to them (ie. Silence).
  • Actors have a death cry when they fall in battle.

Screenshots

Cannot Screenshot Audio, there is a screenshot of the notetag example, but that's better left inside of the script. ;)

Instructions

• Instructions are inside of the Script

There is also a Video Tutorial for this Script, which you can watch here
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaQhoZg_FgI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaQhoZg_FgI</a>

Watch on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaQhoZg_FgI

Script

Get it from Here

Patches
Patch for Yanfly's 'Victory Aftermath'
Spoiler for:
At the end of Battle, Yanfly's Victory Aftermath chooses a random Actor to say a quote. The Battle Voices Script also chooses a Random Actor to say a voice. These will not always be the same actor which could cause some confusion.
This patch forces both script to choose the same random actor.
This patch also adds an additional voice feature for receiving spoils. That means you can now have voices when your actor receives loot after battle

Patch for Moghunter’s 'Battle Result'
Spoiler for:
This patch allows additional voices for when the spoils window is displayed with the loot you’re receiving

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

• LoganForrests - No special reason, just wanted to put him on the thanks list

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Demo

*The Script inside of the Demo is Outdated. You can still use it as a demo and for instructions, but I advise getting the script from the Patebin Link above.*

Demo is available here.
Credits goes to BluntSword for offering his voice acting services and credits also go to 'Sunny' for ripping the 'Tales of Symphonia' voice clips I used in the demo (since I couldn't get enough volunteers in time), they can be found here.

Author's Notes

This weeks scripting has been brought to you by the letter 'G', as in "Goldilocks royally screwed up those 3 bears day, how rude"

Terms of Use

You may find my Terms of Use Here
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:45:21 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks for the thanks, I guess :D

It might be worth mentioning that this script is a "BYOVA" (bring your own voice acting) to be used to its intended purpose.

Otherwise a fun idea. Reminiscent of those action RPGs like Grandia. I always liked those games because the battles felt better, and were less dull, with the additional noise. Unless you had a character with an annoying voice (if there was a way to shut just Vanille up I'd snap that option up).

The only thing missing is adding voices to skills being used. I do wonder if this would work with Falcao's Pearl ABS script (or if his even has this feature by default... I don't even know that).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It does add voices to skills being used :P
It uses the skills notetag to do it :)

I doubt it would work with an ABS by default, the script actually checks to make sure we're in Scene_Battle before playing a voice; the skills should work though if Falcao's ABS uses the same method I've aliased for using skills ;8
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
This script has been updated to version 1.1 and includes the following updates:
  • Special Subfolders to contain your voice clips, so as not to congest your SE Folder.
  • Item Usage now allows you to play a voice.
  • Health Regeneration now allows you to play a voice
  • Victory Voices with the following features 'That Was Tough', 'That was Easy', 'Battle Took Ages', 'Normal Victory'

Planned future versions include voices when escaping (including success or failure), Modifying the Editable Region to look more user-friendly, addding an event switch to turn off the system, and a complete demo.

If anyone has suggestions, now is the time to suggest it :) I'm also interested if anyone finds any bugs.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Demo is up and the latest version is complete.

Updates include:
  • An event switch to mute the voices in battle and the ability to mute your actors with specific states. So if an actor is inflicted with silence (even though it's a state which is supposed to only affect magic), it can also mute your actor from saying anything.
  • Escape Attempting, Escape Success & Escape Failure Voices.
  • A nicer looking Editable Region
  • Some Bug Fixes

That's it, I think this script is finished ;8

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Glad to be of service!

Edit -
Played the demo. It all worked very well! The voices added a lot to the battles. I hope others put your script to good use!

lol. My voice though ...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:59:40 AM by bluntsword »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Your voice was lovely for homemade recording, no need to be embarassed ;)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
A video tutorial has been added for this script. If you weren't understanding things before. Hopefully this will clear things up. :)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Updated Script.

• Combo Hits now have multiple voices for each attack, at your discretion of course.
  • Additional Editable Options, you can now allow/disallow an actor to respond when they're healing themselves.
  • Moghunter's 'Battle Result' Patch, additional voices can be played when you've received loot.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:53:10 PM by D&P3 »