RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
As the Towers fall

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Logo by: Acolyte
Game Rating: PEGidk

Story
Then:
THE MAN came to control the Tower. Their goal was in sight. Using their military might to crush those who apposed them. If it weren't for two meddeling kids, and their acient demon companion, the world would have fallen under the control of THE MAN for all of time. THE MAN retreated to their home world, and cursd the names of the ones who had defeated them.

Now:
20 years later John, a minimum wage paper pusher, is pulled into a battle that spans multiple universes. A new threat has emerged. They call themselves The Order. Unlike THE MAN that came before then, their motivations aren't as clear. What is it that they want with The Towers?

With his friends at his side, can John stop The Order? What is their plan?
Will he save the universe? Find out, in the next exciting episode, OF TOWERS FALL Z!

Good Guys
Hayashibiara: Age 19, Female
Background: Former leader of the blades of Mor'Tidal, a branch of the Order of Cenote. When she learned of the order's dark secrets, she vowed to destroy them.

Soriyu: Age ??, Male
Background: A strange young man that seems to have lost his memories.

John: Age 23, Male
Background: Client data and Management Information Co-Ordinator of Burger Place.

Metil: Age 25, Female
Background: Master thief. She knows something is going down, so she want to get to the bottom of it.

Bad Guys
Master: Age 30, Male
Background: Leader of the Order of Cenote.

Jontel: Age 37, Male
Background: Master's right hand man.

Sampson: Age 1000+, ??
Background: Being a strange demon wasn't enough for him. He now he seeks to be a strange demon that is know for destroying an entire city with nothing but a spork.

Groups
The Order: A group of powerful mages.

THE MAN: An evil group that come from another world. So basically, ALIENS!

The Towers: A race of beings that created the multi-verse. There are countless Towers, each with their own universe to watch after. It's a stressful job.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Title screen

Custom menu

Out on the street

The cast

(Requires RMVXA RTP)
Later version will not require RTP, this one does.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:22:59 AM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
The plot seems a little complicated and the characters are a tad on the over developed side. I'm also unsure if my computer's graphics card is ready for this.

The game is about weed??

Rep:
Level 82
The game is about weed??

I mean no disrespect to Boe, but I sure as hell feel as though I'm on the stuff looking at it.

And... is it just me or is there a naked guy in the middle of the T-junction in that first screenshot? I'm starting to think maybe you're right.

But yeah, I have no grasp on what the game is actually about. The description is a little lacking, and hard to understand, and I really don't understand these characters.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:29:58 PM by LoganF »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
In all seriousness, I'm not really sure what's going on. Kudos for the custom everything though.

And yes. That is a naked man.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 04:08:03 PM by bluntsword »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
that moment when you notice the game is ToWER

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The game is about weed??

I mean no disrespect to Boe, but I sure as hell feel as though I'm on the stuff looking at it.

And... is it just me or is there a naked guy in the middle of the T-junction in that first screenshot? I'm starting to think maybe you're right.

But yeah, I have no grasp on what the game is actually about. The description is a little lacking, and hard to understand, and I really don't understand these characters.

If you don't understand, you haven't had enough weed man.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGBa9MZu0o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGBa9MZu0o</a>

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
It all makes sense now.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hello good people of Rimrik. It seems that my luck with computers, is that of a man that spends his days breaking mirrors under ladders.
That is to say, no trace of my older games exist. It would seem that computers like to die on me.
This thread was made as a placeholder, as I got ideas for this new game.

This bring me here, and there are few things that I should address.

The description text is strange because for comedic effect I put it through a translator a few times, giving it a engrish feel.   
It somehow got, "F*ck the evil and IDK about " out of "IDK he does bad stuff."

This is a real game, but the screenshots are from the game before this, "Tower of Weed: Enfluctuation Radiation" or ToW:5 (or ToW:ER)

I didn't expect to get to many comments, I was just making this placeholder thread to get some inspiration for the game.

Link to ToW:5 topic ~ http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40303.msg463162.html#msg463162
That is all for right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:40:24 AM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

If you don't understand, you haven't had enough weed man.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGBa9MZu0o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGBa9MZu0o</a>

seems legit

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Hello good people of Rimrik. It seems that my luck with computers, is that of a man that spends his days breaking mirrors under ladders.
That is to say, no trace of my older games exist. It would seem that computers like to die on me.
This thread was made as a placeholder, as I got ideas for this new game.

This bring me here, and there are few things that I should address.

The description text is strange because for comedic effect I put it through a translator a few times, giving it a engrish feel.   
It somehow got, "F*ck the evil and IDK about " out of "IDK he does bad stuff."

This is a real game, but the screenshots are from the game before this, "Tower of Weed: Enfluctuation Radiation" or ToW:5 (or ToW:ER)

I didn't expect to get to many comments, I was just making this placeholder thread to get some inspiration for the game.

Link to ToW:5 topic ~ http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40303.msg463162.html#msg463162
That is all for right now.

Here's hoping having the thread will get your imagination and motivation going! Sorry for the snide comments earlier. Best of luck!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Boe does not look good this game is good for me. He first of all the graphics are really bad. Okay, but just a man against his will. In the front part, which are the combustion process can not be too large. The little I have heard the call. Seriously, what was the end of the marijuana is going on? It's pretty stupid.

The study of the heart I hope that I do not know.

Rep:
Level 96
Updated, stuff, and things.
Name of game has changed.
It is now "As the Towers fall".
Demo soon.
Short sentences, then line break.
Don't know why.
Have a good day.
That is all.

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hwbljetxdoxs5p/ToW-TR.exe

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:29:17 AM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&