RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dream Tales (working title) recruitment XP-Updated

Rep:
Level 82
Dream Tales

EDIT-reduced the type and number of people I'm asking for to help with the project
any help is greatly appreciated even if it's not for the whole project and just one off work.

Hey guys I've been away a while, had some work issues, but I'm back and I'm looking to get on with Dream Tales again, and this time I'm looking for help.
I will attatch a small demo to the bottom of this post, so people can better understand the story and where I am trying to take it.

Brief Story Summary
Spoiler for:
Sleepy is lost in a coma, while his family preys for his release, Sleepy must work his way through mysterious dreams to collect Dream Shards. The Dream Shards will allow him to awaken and free himself from these terrible dreams.
His dreams vary from him being a street urchin stealing food to survive, to killing magical sprites to save a pet goat.

People Needed

I mainly need a talented mapper and spriter

Mapper/s
Spoiler for:
Mapping is something that I especially need help with, I am looking for 1-2 people. this project will have a wide variety of locations, so a person/people will need to be flexible in the type of maps they can create and also work with myself and the rest of the team to create the right type of map.

Positions filled;

Skaraflame
---------------

Spriter/s
Spoiler for:
The Spriter's job would be to to take charge of  Tilesets, Sprites, and Pictures. I am looking for 2 people for this tasks, people who can work together and independantly to create custom pieces for all other members of the team.

Positions filled;

---------------
---------------

Eventer
Spoiler for:
I am looking for 1 eventer to help create custom events, one of the most important traits of the Eventer will be the ability to work with every other member of the team, especially myself, story writers and the mappers, as any change to the map or disission of the script will affect the events. The Eventer will need to be able to keep track of every event and assist the Scripter with any tasks that will require custom events and vice versa.

Positions filled;

---------------

Testers
Spoiler for:
I am looking for 2 Testers to test parts of the game and look for bugs and stuff

Positions filled;

---------------
---------------

Breif Demo

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hope to hear from anyone interested.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:59:20 AM by shane2243 »

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
I will do tester and eventer. Writer need grammar corrector.
I am just little bit good at grammar correctors.
[

Rep:
Level 82
Awesome i'll add you to those positions and pm you with other information

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Allen
Hiya!  I'm a composer.  I can do music for you in pretty much any fashion you'd like. Let me know if you're interested!  My thread is on this forum offering my services.  You can hear some of my music here. - www.soundcloud.com/allenelezeid

:)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:51:35 AM by Elezeid »

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
I guess we need musician.
Yes please put Elezeid in musician position
[

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Writer need grammar corrector. I am just little bit good at grammar correctors.
Hahahaha

I don't mind checking grammar. I'm not that great at mapping but I've had a lot of people tell me I'm pretty good, so I can help with that too.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:57:08 PM by skaraflame »

Rep:
Level 82
Hey Skaraflame - cool man, i'll put you down for both positions and send you a copy of the project so far

Elezeid - am away from my computer atm but when i get back i will look at your soundcloud. Are you commision based or free to credit?

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Allen
I do a little bit of both.  I can write you specific songs and background musics, and I can even do sound effects.  I don't charge any money.  It's completely free, as long as you credit me everything is perfect.  I played your demo.  It's very interesting!  I'd like to write some music for your demo so it doesn't feel so silent.  I can see this game is a bit quirky, and I can write quirky music just as well!

Rep:
Level 82
that sounds good, I'm glad you like the feel of the project, I was'nt sure people would get what I was going for with it.

If you could write me a piece of music for the opening scene with the priest that'd be cool, and if we're on the same page with the style i'd like to add you to the project?