RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sound Message System Add-on

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Sound Message System Add-on
Version: 1.0
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: September 23, 2012

Planned Future Versions

• You tell me :)
Description

This script adds on to the default message system allowing you to use a new escape character to generate an SE whilst displaying text and to have a constant SE play whilst scrolling through text.

Features

• Can play an SE at any point during a message window ("Show Text")
  • Can play a text progression SE, similar to 'Animal Crossing' when text is displayed.
Screenshots

Cannot Screenshot Audio, I'm afraid :o

Instructions

• Instructions are inside of the Script
Script

Get it from here

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

• RMRK ~ for being nice and purplish and not causing eye damage
  • Modern Algebra ~ For Regex help

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Demo

A demo is unnecessary for a script such as this.

Author's Notes

Hi Kids! Today we're going to learn about 3D vectors and how a website can burn your retinas. http://members.tripod.com/~Paul_Kirby/vector/VLintro.html

Terms of Use

You may find my Terms of Use Here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:21:11 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
The use of the text positions thing is cumbersome and useless. I don't want to have to type in every (other) number between 1 and 65535. You should also be able to change at least the pitch midgame. Make it more like the text SFX in Lufia II.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Unless your message box holds 65535 characters (which it can't even at 0.1 sized-font), you don't have to enter anywhere near that amount. 25 sounds about right if you're temperamental, otherwise you should be fine with just 10 different positions.
I'll do the pitch when I get around to it.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3