RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Victory Aftermath \n bug

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I'm getting that same problem with Yanfly's Victory Aftermath, what's more is it also deletes the word it's placed before no matter how many spaces you have scratch that if you put a space the word stays and the space isn't deleted, but it still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:13:37 AM by Wiimeiser »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Show me a demo with the error situation recreated and I will try and fix it.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Here you go. Unrelated, but the game crashed when entering battle... Is this known?
EDIT: Not the one I uploaded, another one.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, there is no known error where the game would crash on entering battle. Are you sure it has something to do with these scripts?

Anyway, the error occurs in the demo you showed me, but that demo actually doesn't include any ATS script at all so I'm thinking that it's a bug with the Victory Aftermath script independent of the ATS. I will still try to fix it for you.

EDIT::
Alright, in the Victory Aftermath script, find these lines starting around line 343

Code: [Select]
        case @victory_quote_type
        when nil; next
        when :win_quote;   @win_quotes[@win_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s
        when :level_quote; @level_quotes[@level_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s
        when :drops_quote; @drops_quotes[@drops_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s
        end

Change them to:

case @victory_quote_type
        when nil; next
        when :win_quote;   @win_quotes[@win_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s.gsub(/\\[Nn]/, "\n")
        when :level_quote; @level_quotes[@level_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s.gsub(/\\[Nn]/, "\n")
        when :drops_quote; @drops_quotes[@drops_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s.gsub(/\\[Nn]/, "\n")
        end

I think that should fix the problem when it's independent. So do that first.

Unfortunately, once that's fixed, then a problem with Paragraph Formatting will arise. But you can fix that by changing this line in Victory Aftermath at line 171:

HEADER_TEXT = "\e>\eC[6]%s\eC[0]\e<\n"  # Always at start of messages.

Add /pf to it to turn off paragraph formatting, like so:

HEADER_TEXT = "/pf\e>\eC[6]%s\eC[0]\e<\n"  # Always at start of messages.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:31:52 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Thanks, you helped me, too. :)

Rep:
Level 71
Honing the Craft
Well Modern Algebra, your solution worked like a charm to me, but the two letters "pf" keep appearing before the character name.

how to fix this?

=EDIT=

Wait, somehow this glitch fixed itself, but my necropost is wasnt for nothing at least, i have a question,its true that you have a message script that fixes all those messaging bugs?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:53:50 AM by M@pple »

Rep:
Level 97
The pf thing was only necessary since Wiimeiser was using my Paragraph Formatting script.

The only part that you'd need to do if you're not using the formatter is the first part.

As for your second query, I don't know what "all those messaging bugs" are specifically. I've not written a messaging system that specifically targets any errors. However, I have written a couple message systems, and it is possible that they would incidentally have fixed some bugs. Without knowing what bugs you are referring to though, then I don't know.