RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Play Game Whilst Displaying a Window

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Play Game Whilst Displaying a Window
Version: 1.0
Author: DP3 / DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: 29/06/12

Planned Future Versions
  • You Tell Me :)
Description
This Script will allow you to display a window with text, but will also allow the player to move.
Useful for instructions, or to remind the player about their current quest objectives.

Features
  • Easy to use
  • Can make windows appear to be dynamic
Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Instructions

Instructions are in both the script and the screenshots above.

Script

Get it at Pastebin

Credit

• DP3 / DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

• Modern Algebra - for being Modern Algebra

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues

Should have no compatibility issues :)

Demo

Not necessary, unless people are stuck on what to do :-\

Terms of Use

If you can find a use for it, this script is free to use in non-commercial games. If you want to use this script in a commercial game, please understand that I expect a free copy (that's means you PM me and let me know that you plan on using it for a commercial game).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:34:52 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 56
Dragon agent
Could you possibly integrate it with normal message system, so we have variable $playerCanMove which can be either true or false and we can set it in call script function before Display Message? This way we would get all normal message tags, faces, etc. while having features from this script.

Of course it would involve some trickery to let player move when Window_Message is displayed, but IMO it is worth it.
Rave Darkhog Darkhogini. PhD in scamwareology, learned at Stencil University LLC.