RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FlipelyFlips Actor Equip Restriction v1.1

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Heyey,

I'm posting this script, after searching for this but not finding a script which do this (:

What does this script do?
Allows you to forbid for certain actors from an equiptype a weapon or an armor.
I know I could create a new equiptype, but why should I do it, if it's only for 1 weapon
per actor or 1 armor per actor? It's easier and faster to do it with this script :D

How to use?

Write in the notetag of a weapon or armor:

<restrict_actor: x>

or

<restrict_actor: x,x>

As an example:
if you want that the weapon with the ID 1 won't be available for the actor with
the ID 5 then do this: <restrict_actor: 5>
if actor 5, 7, 10 and 12 shouldn't be able to use the weapon then set it up like
this: <restrict_actor: 5,7,10,12>
I hope you understand what I mean (:

Where is the script?
Here we go:

Pastebin Link

Version History

v1.1
- fixed a huge bug, which would cause an error if the actor has some equipments
equiped from beginning.

v1.0
- Got this Script to work :D
- Allows to restrict certain actors certain weapons from their equipment type

Terms of Use

Feel free to use it.
If you want to use it in commercial games, then also ask MephistoX if it is possible to use his ReadNote Script (without that script, mine wouldn't work)

Credits
FlipelyFlip for the Actor Equip Restriction
MephistoX for the ReadNotetag script.

~Flip
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:21:29 AM by FlipelyFlip »

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Heyey,

little update I made with this script.
I fixed a huge bug, which would cause an error if the actor has some equipments.
Should work now perfectly.

~Flipy (:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Sounds neat.