RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Mania

Rep: +0/-0Level 82

Current Demo: 1.1

Here is the presentation for "Mania - Battle for Eranhill".

About
Spoiler for About:
After playing an old pokemon game, I wanted to create my own. But I was not satisfied by the Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP, and there was none for VX. So I decided to make one. After two weeks of work, I thought that it was not productive to just copy/paste all the systems of pokemon games, I could do better and edit the systems to something I like more. I also decided to forget about pokemon graphics and started creating the game with RTPs. As bad in scripting as I was, it took me a lot of time to figure out how RGSS2 works but once done, writing the in-game systems was quite easy. Now the only thing this game misses, is the game itself. The first demo is about an hour of gameplay, but represent a really small part of the final result.

Story
Spoiler for Story:
The world of Mania was inhabited by mythical creatures granted of a great power. If humanity could take control over these livings, the need of weapons would disappear, definitly. One day, a team of searchers found a way to seal the soul of these monsters in small crystals, able to summon and to call back the creatures. Those life forms have been called Seals.

In the region of Eranhill, soon Seals became weapons, and authority quickly falled in hands of the strongest fighters. They called themselves the Overcouncil, and sweared to watch over the whole land, proning and fighting for peace.

But if there was a small chance that a particularly strong seal did exist, and falled into the wrong hands, the Overcouncil would barely be able to protect Eranhill from evil. Calling themselves the Shades of Fate, a group of dangerous fighters are planning to take control over the whole land, as you are about to recieve your very first seal.

Features
Spoiler for Features:
  • More than 100 different seals to play with!
  • Events adapting to the current time phase!
  • The possibility to bind up to 120 seals!
  • A huge map to explore!
  • A lot of customizations for the hero's appearance!
  • A thrilling main quest!
  • A plenty of side quests!
  • A bond breaker to unbind seals and a renamer to rename them!
  • The possibility to learn skills from another seal
  • An organised inventory
  • Minigames!

Thanks
Spoiler for Thanks:
Aindra
Amycco
Avadan
Andrew McKellar
BulletXt
Celianna
Cocodoco
Lunadonut
Enu
Fabien
Garpie
Jet
Kael Gacina
Kazzador
KGC
Lastlaugh
Leongon
LexusX
LovelyBlue
Lunarea
Maiko
Mack
Makapri
Mithran
MJ
Modern Algebra
Moghunter
Molok
Mr. Bubble
Munkis
Ness
OriginalWij
Pete Calandra
PinedaVX
Qtpi
Rajawali
Reijubv
Scott P. Schreer
Sky00Valentine
SojaBird
T30
Tomohito Nishiura
Vincentmhd
Vlad
Wondertouch
Woratana
Yanfly
Yeyinde

Enterbrain

Also, as this is my very first presentation, I would like to thank Kitten for its posting tutorial, and Gaston for taking its post for example.

Screenshots    NEW!
Spoiler for Screenshots:
Spoiler for Systems:

The Title Screen

The Seal Status Window

The Name Scene (Keyboard Input)

The Quest Journal

The Menu

The Level Points Window

Nilfox uses Scratch

The After-battle Resume (FROM DEMO 1.1)

Binding Attempt (FROM DEMO 1.1)

Spoiler for Scenes:

Vynlluth City

Thugs blocking Route 117

The Cave of Despair Facade

Route 118

Saint Forest I

Saint Forest II

Saint Forest III

Challenging the Count

The Jara Fields (FROM DEMO 1.1)

Turrak Cave I (FROM DEMO 1.1)

Turrak Cave II (FROM DEMO 1.1)

Demo    NEW!
Spoiler for Demo:
Demo Version 1.0 (Includes RTP)
Demo Version 1.1 (Includes RTP)

Seals (so far)
Spoiler for Seals:

Support Us!
Spoiler for Support Us!:
Mania Banner
Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,46060.0.html][img]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/Maniawill/Userbar.gif[/img][/url]

I guess this is it for the presentation! I will update this thread as soon as possible with new content
such as "Characters". Hope you like playing Mania, and please contact me or just reply below for any
in-game bug, for a question or just for a sentence that doesn't sound right!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:30:41 PM by maniawill »

Rep:
Level 61
I didn't knew I was so outdated with RPG Maker xD
Sounds Good.... Maybe I should try it. ;8

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Damn that looks really good, I'm gonna be playing this demo really soon ^_^
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Tried the demo, can't play it.
I get an error: "Unable to find file Audio/BGM/Music Box - Title Screen."

Hope you can fix this ;)

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

I just tried it and it worked fine for me! I re-uploaded the demo anyway, just in case! Please tell me if the bug continues.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Thanks, now I was able to play and I must say, it looks great. Though, I found a bug too!

When I want to change the colour of my screen to sapphire and it goes from white to sepia and from ruby to sepia. There is no way to go to sapphire...

Also, it's pretty hard to fight the squirrels but I found a way to fight them *yaaaaay*, puts a great touch of difficulty to it!! *thumbs up*

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Thanks a lot!
I was aware of that bug when you try to change your windowskin but I am still trying to figure out why this happens. Toying around up and down with the cursor should take you to sapphire eventually, I'm sorry for that.

And for the squirrels, I was tired of always being interrupted while walking in the forest so I made them in a way that you must run after them!

Rep:
Level 71
Downloading now  ;)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Thanks a lot!
I was aware of that bug when you try to change your windowskin but I am still trying to figure out why this happens. Toying around up and down with the cursor should take you to sapphire eventually, I'm sorry for that.

And for the squirrels, I was tired of always being interrupted while walking in the forest so I made them in a way that you must run after them!
I love the thing about the squirrels... Makes them common enough but still hard enough to catch them.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

I love the thing about the squirrels... Makes them common enough but still hard enough to catch them.
I am glad you like it!

I just uploaded a new demo featuring 8 new seals, which adds about 15 minutes of gameplay! Hope you guys enjoy this!

EDIT: Added a few screenshots of the new demo!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:31:31 PM by maniawill »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I don't know if you'll bring it up into your game or not but it might be a good idea to have someone in the city who may want to show you around if you ask him (always liked that in Pokémon games)...

And also, is there a possibility to find info about all seals you met/have?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

This is a great idea! I will find a way to put this in the game. To find info about all the seals you already have, you can by accessing the Status Screen. Just press Q and W until you it shows the seal you want!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Not that I'm a mod or something but shouldn't this have been moved to substantial a while ago?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

I am currently porting this project to VX Ace. It might take some time though. Some aspects of the game will change because of that. The name will be changed too!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
How's this thing going? Is there a new demo out already or not?

I loved to play it the first time so I'd like to play eve longer now!!  ;8

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

I am currently rewriting the game systems. I'll work hard to be able to release a demo in two weeks! It cheers me up to see that you liked playing it!