RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Lilium Hallow

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
“Power?  I will give you power.  I will give you power to tear the world asunder.  In return, I will devour you.  Even if you beg, even if you cry.  I will devour your heart.”

Mm, I'm back again. <3  Basically, this is an overhaul of the old project I had posted (Oversoul), where some things are the same, and some are different.  I felt like I wanted to improve my art and story more, so here I am, 2 years later.  I didn't have a lot of time to work on it before, since I was always in a state of having to save money and do a lot of freelance work to be able to afford seeing my now-husband, but now that I am married and living in Finland, I can stop fretting about traveling all over the place and settle down to work on this.  :'D  I...have always loved design, creation, and have always wanted to make something on a larger scale than just drawing something.  I deeply intend this game to become somewhat commercial when it is finished, though not expensive.  I wanted to have the first chapter of the story (hopefully 3-5 hours at least of gameplay) for free as a demo, and only charge about 5-8$ per complete copy in the end.  I'm primarily an artist and writer, I'm not a coder or scripter in any way shape or form, so I fear I will have to improvise a lot in some instances, but overall, I really want to achieve a fun game that has a lot of aesthetic goodies.  <3  Any critique, tips, advice, or comments in general are much appreciated.  Oh!  In the near future, I hope to be able to commission some pieces of music, since I uh, sadly, am not a musician.  /envy  Thank you for stopping by <33

Genre:  Fantasy/Horror/Drama

Spoiler for:

“Power?  I will give you power.  I will give you power to tear the world asunder.  In return, I will devour you.  Even if you beg, even if you cry.  I will devour you.  I will be yours to command, and you are mine to take.   Employ my power to break your enemies.  Scar the world if you wish.  But make no mistake in that you are mine to take, mine to devour, when those commands are complete.  And believe me when I say I will devour you....I will devour your life, I will devour your heart.”

Runa is a unique witch, one of the rarest summoner types, a dangerous thing to be in a world where even those of magical blood are preyed upon by vampires to their kind, commonly called Spiritus, the Witch Eaters, spirits manifested in human form who cannot help their insatiable hunger to feed on the ethereal hearts of human witches.  Her heart became the subject of desire to a brutally bloodthirsty Spiritus, and in her struggle to survive, she became cursed with an accidental bond with the Hallow Summon, Ruin, a cursed Spiritus bound to servitude, who manifested to save her life.  However, Ruin wishes for her to use the rest of his six commands, so that he himself may devour her witch's heart and take her life as his, a cycle he has repeated for centuries upon centuries.  Runa struggles to find a way to free herself of this 'curse', while trying to stay out of the hands of those who would seek to weaponize her for their own sake, or seek to make a meal out of her rare heart. 

Spoiler for:
   It is a place that dwells between modern and traditions of the past.  Long ago, there were people who could call forth and manipulate the power of the world and the spirits within it.  They were called many things....witches, conjurers, diviners, and for a long time in history, they had disappeared, persecuted to near instinction.   Over the past few centuries, they slowly came back into existence, along with Espers, the remnants of spirits of living and dead things, and Majin, spirits in corporeal form who hunger for the magic of witches, and upon consuming their first witch's heart, change into what is called a Spiritus, the Witch Eaters.  Majin and  Espers were both good and bad.  Some lent their strengths for the good of others and the world, and others wreaked havoc upon the humans, and those who dwelt with them.  The Espers that caused problems were exorcised into harmless wisps, by the ones we used to call witches, and among these witches were those who could use even deeper magic, and we called them 'Summoners'. Summoners were rare. They were valued, prized and treasured...coveted, and sought after by the larger nations to aid in their eternal struggle to overpower each other, and to assist in finding what we've come to call 'Hallows'...Ancient individuals who used the most forbidden of magics, and were thus sealed into relics, serving summoner after summoner until they have found their way to be repented. 

Monsters
Monsters in Lilium Hallow come in many shapes and forms, the most popular of all being plays on varying mythologies.  Some are good for hunting, others must be slain for the good of the people, and some are rare and strong, who bestow useful gifts upon their proper defeat.  Mobs can be found roaming around in unknown shapes and sizes on the map, and you will not know what mobs lay in wait until you make the move or get caught off-guard and go into battle.  Some are designed to basically leap out and scare the beejeezles out people, but these are saved for the more horroresque parts of the game.

Dungeons

Dungeons will vary in design, some will be indoors and some outdoors, and may have some puzzles to solve or require certain items to get through.  There will be varying unique harvestable/fishable spots inside dungeons that will yield higher quality materials for crafting and cooking and whatnot.  There will be at least one true mini-boss and one boss, though some dungeons may have some optional mini-bosses/bosses to do afterwards, so it makes re-exploring something worthwhile. 

Spoiler for:
** Not all of these have art yet, or need to be drastically resized, so for now I will only post some descriptions and concept art in a lower post until they are more finalized.**

Runa Amaryllis Lockewood
The cursed girl.
Voice of Destruction.

Runa is a rare and true summoner, one who is not physically strong but with incredibly potent magic.  Inwardly she is kind and devoted, although outwardly a bit brooding and guarded to most other people, and has a bittersweet personality regarding most things, also sharing in her sister's peculiar love of the morbid and morose.  She struggles with connections to people, and relies mostly on her sister Ruria for support.  She sees Ruin's bond with her as a curse, only using him when she absolutely has to.  She is afraid of him only at first, slowly but surely bonding with him, regardless of the fact he admits on several occasions that he would have taken her heart already had he not been bound by his curse to her.  Eventually, Runa seeks to not only break the curse on herself, but also the one laid upon Ruin, and the other Hallows encountered in this story.
Combat: Runa does not use a physical weapon, but uses her voice to sing spiritsong that utilizes various espers magic into weaponized form.  Her most adept element is Spectral.

Ruin
The war-mongering king.
Blood-soaked Greatsword.

Ruin, (his real name has long been forgotten) was once a gruff and stern yet noble and good-hearted king who was a true hero among his people, thousands of years ago in the past.  When he makes a decision, he sticks to it, and the most intense one he ever had to make was to cave into his Majin bloodlust and consume the heart of his enemy, in order to gain his magic and save his people, thus becoming a Spiritus, a Witch Eater King.  The forbidden art he used thereafter caused him to become a hallow, as the magic consumed him and warped him into the monster he has since become.  His two brothers (Grim the Executioner and Ragnarok the Wretch) were also afflicted with the same curse, for differing reasons.  Ruin is used to being sought after, summoned and used by cruel, power-hungry men, and has been the design behind many horrific events in the past because of his power.  He is taken by surprise that he was able to be summoned by nothing more than a mere slip of a girl, and her lack of interest in using his power fills him with irritation, anger, and a warped form of lust.  Eventually, he finds himself reluctantly caring for her, even reluctantly desiring her to truly become his, though he still feels the hunger for her heart beating strong within. 
Combat: Ruin utilizes an abundantly large, cursed-looking, chain-bound black greatsword that he claims is black because the amount of blood coagulated upon it made it that way.  He is also very adept at ancient blood magic.

Ruria Letitia Lockewood
The girl taken by darkness.
Beloved Scythe Ring

A morbid and sometimes socially awkward yet elegant girl, who is often seen being trailed after by two rather loathe-some talking skulls known as Bitter and Biter.  Like her sister Runa, she is also a very adept witch, though her attempts at summoning have left her empty-handed, save for two unlikable cranium companions.  Her forte is within the element of darkness and death.  Regardless of her morbid disposition, she is as kind as her sister, and more open to making valuable connections with others, though her most important one may end up being her downfall.  Her affiliation with dark magic has left her with somewhat of a curse of her own, but it is something she has been plagued with since childhood.
Combat:  Ruria uses a bladed circle that is embossed with elegant, thorned roses and scythe-like blades, and also utilizes an array of dark arts.

Armada
First Prince of Antiquity.
Large lance and Shield.

Armada is the eldest son of the King of Antiquity, charged with leading the Grimsoul regiment with his younger brother, Atla.  He's a charmer, a real ladies man.  He is polite and very regal; endearing and charming to an extent.  He is normally calm and in control of his emotions.  While he is immensely skilled in battle, he is sometimes aloof, doing what he prefers, and is not as devoted to pleasing his father as his younger brother.  In the beginning, he is under secret orders to claim the Hallow, Ruin, and eventually to capture Runa as well, to be used as a weapon for his kingdom, though he knows he would be overpowered by her magic if he tried to force her.  (Being a melee-magic user only.)  He is in actuality quite heroic and winds up defending Runa against the onslaught of his brother after befriending her, which in turn changes his relationship with his brother to that of enemies.

Atla
Second Prince of Antiquity
Iceblade

Atla is the seocnd son of the King of Antiquity, and is devoted to his father's cause and will to rule with an iron hand, and to eradicate all Majin from their kingdom.  He is ruthless and calculating, always trying to one-up his older brother.  While he cares about Armada, he is often annoyed by his lack of seriousness and hard attitude about their positions.  At first, he shows increasing interest in Runa, almost proving to be heroic at one point in keeping her safe, but he seeks only to itemize her and extract Ruin from her.  When he realizes his brother would betray his kingdom and him for her, they become brutal enemies, and Atla begins to seek out the ultimate hallow, Ragnarok, who has been shattered.  As he accumulates each piece, he becomes more and more consumed by Ragnarok's madness.  He tries desperately to be the sword for his kingdom, wanting only the true strength to cultivate it, but finds he is unable.

Grim the Executioner & Ragnarok the Wretch
Brothers to Ruin, they also suffer under the same curse and have become Hallows, bound to servitude until they can somehow repent for the use of forbidden magic.  Ragnarok, in his time as a Hallow, become incredibly powerful and sought after, but his bloodlust turned him into a creature of madness, and his spirit was shattered in nine pieces, each one kept hidden so that no other could bring about his cruel power again.

Spoiler for:
Battle System:  Characters take turns with their strikes for tactical purposes, and employ basic attacks, magical attacks, item uses and oversouls.  Monsters will appear  as visual spawns on the map 90% of the time, but some may manifest at random or appear with a frightening shriek, or will only come out when certain conditions are filled.  This is the main way to level up characters and acquire base items. 

Story:  Mainly story-driven plot.  Being in the right place at the right time can yield certain cut scenes and possibly effect the ending.

Character Customization:   Each character has their own combat style from the beginning, and gets a certain number of unique skills only they can have, but Rune Shards can be found through out the world, crafting, and other means, which give characters additional skills by being used as an item.  This way, the player will not end up being “screwed” by building their character wrong, but have the freedom to make any character fill whatever role they like better. 

Travel:  Much of it is on foot in the beginning, but there will be some form of transport or teleport item towards the middle of the game to make it more accessable.  There is room for secrets within this as well to open up new (optional) areas.

Graphics:    Pixel sprites will be used for the normal characters, and will be more detailed/animated in the battle scenes.  Smaller scenes in the game will be animated simply by event scripts with the sprites, but the more important ones will use illustrations (Similar to those in a visual novel) to depict what is happening.  The world will be a drawn, layers saved for easier editing.

Crafting:  Item creation/invention.  Some of it an be done directly from the menu, but some requires specific areas to be found and utilized for different outcomes.   There are some types of NPC who can be recruited and can help you make items you otherwise couldn't.  In total, there  is:  Soulcraft (Armor and Weapon upgrades and attributes)  Delectables (Cooking) Alchemy (Potions and usables, ingredients), Manacraft (accessories, items.)  Some inventing follows predetermined recipes, while others are a more random chance based on the amount you have paid for 'supplies'.  There is a chance for trash items, average items, good items and rare items.  Some items which are used in crafting can be acquired by killing mobs, killing elite hunts, fishing, scavenging, and purchasing from certain shops.  Things like Soul Shards can also drop from monsters, and contain a part of their power.

Gathering:  Fishing is available in some regions, and depending on what region you are in, you have a different chance to fish up different types of fish and even some special items.  Likewise, you can also find gathering points that have random chances much like fishing of distributing items, only faster. 

Elite Monsters:  There are bounty quests for defeating non-story related monsters who are usually a lot stronger than normal bosses.  Once defeated, they can be fought again in the monster arena, since some drop rare prizes and goods used in crafting.

Mini-games:  There are a variety of mini-games available which can be played to gain credit points, that can later be exchanged for valuables.

End Game +:  Optional dungeons that become available after the main storyline that reveal even more secret details about certain characters and the lore in the game. 

Spoiler for:

You can find more concept art in larger resolutions at my tumblr.

Spoiler for:
These are mostly derping around and getting the hang of things, and developing a style.  Old art is old, though.  New ones to come eventually. <3

Art, characters, graphics, concept, story © O-mie
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:07:58 PM by Omiekins »

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
You can shoot me in the leg for double-posting if you want, I have another leg.  D:  I will update more into concept art and characters and everything I'm missing when I wake up, I've become quite ill today and my bed...my bed.  It calls to me, and I yearn for it, so I hope everyone understands.  <3 More in...12-20 hours, whenever the hell I wake up. :'D  Pre-emptive anythings are fine, ofc.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Pretty : o

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Music Composer
Hi Omiekins, hope you are well :)

Just letting you know, if you were still wondering about recruiting a composer, check out my music library if you have a few minutes - http://www.soundcloud.com/jacobashworth/sets - as I do favour the fantasy world of game music :)

Happy gaming

MiniMozart

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
I've added a little bit more; I'm still quite under the weather so, blah.  D: 

@mini
Your musics are lovely <3  I do want to commission some songs in the future, but atm I just can't afford anything since I have to pay for my residence permit.  :'D  I do really like the first song from the heiros stuff though, it's pretty.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Music Composer
Thanks for the feedback :D and thats no problem, I'm willing to wait. I just found it quite an interesting plot, so I may be able to write something suitable enough in the future :)

PM me if you fancy a demo of sorts for this

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Interesting story and beautiful art, can't wait to see more.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Love this concept, hope to see a demo soon!!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!: