RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] NAM's Random Battle Transitions

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
    NAM'S Random Battle Transitions
    Version: 1.0
    Author: NAMKCOR
    Date: 04/13/2012

Version History

<Version 1.0> - First Release

Planned Future Versions

none

Description

With simple configuration, you too can have a myriad number of random battle transitions for your RPG Maker VX Ace title.

Features

Easily set up as many random battle transitions as you want[/li][/list]

Screenshots

Battle transitions are animated, and I don't have the time to make a .gif, so you don't get any >:C

Instructions

Configuration:
    Ensure that all of your BattleStart graphics are named as follows: BattleStart_X.png, where X is the number.
    Example: if we had 3 BattleStart graphics, I would name them:

BattleStart_1.png
    BattleStart_2.png
    BattleStart_3.png

At Configuration Point A (labeled in the script), set the 'return' value to the number of BattleStart graphics in your Graphics/System folder.

Script

Code: [Select]
    #==============================================================================
    # ** NAMKCOR's Random Battle Transition
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  Override to the standard Scene_Map to allow for random selection of
    #  multiple battle transition graphics.
    #
    #  Configuration:
    #  > Ensure that all of your BattleStart graphics are named as follows:
    #    BattleStart_X.png, where X is the number.
    #
    #  > Example: if we had 3 BattleStart graphics, I would name them:
    #    BattleStart_1.png, BattleStart_2.png, and BattleStart_3.png
    #
    #  > At Configuration Point A, set the 'return' value to the number
    #    of BattleStart graphics in your System folder.

module NAMKCOR

#============================================================================
      # Configuration Point A
      #============================================================================
      def self.battle_transition_count
        return 10
      end

# DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
    # YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

def self.battle_transition_graphic
        return "Graphics/System/BattleStart_" +
               (rand(battle_transition_count) + 1).to_s
      end

end

class Scene_Map < Scene_Base
      def perform_battle_transition
        Graphics.transition(60, NAMKCOR.battle_transition_graphic, 100)
        Graphics.freeze
      end
    end

Support

Please message me here on RMRK, or at Rockman922@hotmail.com for support.

Known Compatibility Issues

none.

Demo

This script should be easy enough to set up, but if people end up needing a demo, I'll upload one.

Terms of Use

:ccbyncsa:

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
    Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
    Level 69
    I needed this. I was trying to pick one battle transition over another and was getting a headache.

Hungry
    Rep:
    Level 96
    Mawbeast
    2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
    Linking to a solution to an encryption-based problem that another user contacted me about.

RPG Maker Web.

Just on the off chance that someone needs it here.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
    Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon