RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
XS - Scripts

Rep:
Level 82
What this?
Introduction
So, I have had these scripts posted on another forum and I thought to myself, why not share them here as well! I am not going to explain every little script since there are a few and to be honest the name pretty much says what they are about.
If you do have something you are wondering about just hit me a PM or post a message in this thread. Cheers!

Also, I will be updating this thread regarding any updates and if I release any new scripts, I hope you will like them and if so feel free to make a comment saying so.

How to Use
To install any of my scripts, open up your script editor and copy/paste the script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Scripts
Spoiler for Scripts:
Base
  • XS - Core (This must be placed above the rest of the scripts.)
Scenes
  • XS - Title - Adding a modified version of Scene_Title to a new one that is heavily customized.
  • XS - Teleport - Adding a new scene called Scene_Teleport. Setup locations to be teleported through using this scene, highly customized to suit your needs.
  • XS - Menu - New menu scene, replaces Scene_Menu, that is greatly customized.
  • XS - Icon Menu - Pretty much the same deal as XS - Menu but with icons as commands instead.
  • XS - Quit - Changing the Scene_End scene to a new one which is far more advanced then the previous.
  • XS - Records - A record scene where you can setup a set of variables to keep track of things. The player can then reach this scene to see the progress of each variables.
  • XS - Popup Item - A popup item scene where the player will be able to see the acquired gold, item, weapon etc.
  • XS - Icon Item - A overhaul of the item scene, replaces each item with icons instead of the name.
  • XS - Icon Skill - Changes the skill scene, replaces each skill with icons instead of the name.
  • XS - Icon Equip - Just like the previous icon scripts this replaces each equipment to display a icon instead of the name.
Huds
  • XS - Gold Hud - Displays a hud on Scene_Map where the player will be able to see the current gold.
  • XS - Variable Hud - A simple hud that shows a set of variables of your choice each with a icon and amount. Can be useful if you want to show another currency.
  • XS - Map Hud - Animated map hud that will present the current map name and stay on the map as long as a switch is active.
On map/Events
Audio
  • XS - Battle Audio - This small scripts enables a randomized SE, BGM and ME to be played upon entering battle.
Misc
  • XS - Currency Limit - Changes the amount of max gold a player can acquire, which can be changed anytime ingame.
Note:
Information regarding how to use each scripts is located within the script. If you find any bugs report them here as soon as possible, that would be very appreciated.
Some of my scripts require XS - Core so make sure you have that above the ones that require it.

Updates
Released XS - Icon Skill and XS - Icon Equip.
Updated XS - Icon Item to 1.0a.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using any of my scripts. Thanks.
Can be use in a commercial projects. (except XS - Teleport, PM me for more details regarding that)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:30:37 PM by Nicke »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
These seem like nice scripts, but I think you should add descriptions :) Anyway, thank you so much for sharing!

By the way, I notice that you ask to be credited as Nicke. Would you like me to change your forum username to that as well?

Rep:
Level 82
What this?
@modern algebra: Yeah that would be nice.

Rep:
Level 82
What this?
Released XS - Icon Menu.

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Hi,
I need some help.
When I use your Menu Script I can't see the Name Input Window and the Windows for Items, Skills and so on from the Menu as well. (That doesn't mean, that it doesn't open. I just can't see it.) I can only use the Gold window and Status window because I have enable them.

Spoiler for Screenshot:

There is my mistake or where can I enable the other windows?

(Please excuse my English, it isn't my native language.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:40:06 PM by Denna »
Destiny means a improbable incident, that you don't let pass by.

Rep:
Level 65
Can I use the XS battle audio without the core engine?, I don't want to have a script that have the same modules than others that I have (YEA Core Engine resizing, font size and face, etc).

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Which ones do and don't require the core engine? I'm looking at getting Teleport; and Self Switches, Records and Map HUD would be nice to have as well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Let the Waters Rise!
The XS Menu and Icon Menu links are broken!

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
XS - Self Switches has a crash-causing bug. Happens when you use the isSelfSwitch? command as directed by the script file isSelfSwitch?(map, id, A-D, true)

Problem is here, line 51 on the pastebin link.

def isSelfSwitch?(map, eID, selfSwitch)

should be updated to this in order to make it work correctly... Edit: Actually, no. isSwitchSelfSwitch? calls don't seem to do anything on a check for false. Could someone that has more than my layman skill level tell me what I'm missing on this? Please?

def isSelfSwitch?(map, eID, selfSwitch, trueFalse)

Edit: Apparently, I should have read the instructions all the way to the end. I assumed I knew how it worked when it told me "Use the call script to use this script." "isSelfSwitch?(map, id, A-D, true)" so I never bothered to read the examples which contained contrary instructions. Updating the instructions a little should help idiot proof it a bit more.

That said, I love the script. It has way more functionality than advertised. You can put absolutely anything in those script call switches, doesn't have to be an A-D value.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:04:31 AM by Balrogic »