RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[ALL, BGM, LOOPS] Aaron Krogh's Music Pack. Free to use, no restrictions.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
Friends,
I'm sharing my background music resources for free use, including commercial use. There's no need to ask for my permission to use these, but please include me in your projects' credits with my full name, Aaron Krogh. ;)

You may download my entire free music collection up to 2014 from the following MEGA.co.nz links posted below. These tracks are in MP3 format unless otherwise noted, and they were written specifically with RPG Maker in mind, but they can be used for any kind of project. There are too many to offer individual downloads for each of them, but you can download several individually from my SoundCloud page.

DOWNLOADS: (Links updated, 2016.06.25)

FINISHED TRACKS, 2010 - 2014, #110, 147 - 314 (Includes all previously released, free SoundCloud tracks.)
DOWNLOAD ALL (245MB)

EARLY DEMOS, 2006 - 2009, # 001 - 105, 121 - 141 (Includes previously unreleased tracks from 2006-09. Many are unfinished and don't loop smoothly.)
DOWNLOAD PART 1 (344MB) | PART 2 (272MB)

Open the following spoiler to view some track descriptions ordered by type and intended function. Think of the list as one of suggestions for potential maps, areas, or scenes. Feel free to be creative and use a track for something completely different, instead!
Spoiler for:
BATTLE THEMES
309 - Desert Battle (Loop) - A short desert battle loop.
307 - Wrath (Don't Mess With Me Remix, Loop) - Tense remix of an evil character theme.
306 - Boss Battle 2 - An alternate take on "162 - Boss Battle"
300-B - Blood of Lilith (Loop) - A remix of "Desecrated Temple"
208-B - Megaboss, (Loop, Up-tempo) - Megaboss, increased tempo, in key F. No opera samples.
297 - Bloodlust (Loop) - Another battle theme with electric guitars and violins.
295 - Insidia (Battle, Loop) - A battle loop that was written with a thief character in mind.
294 - Leviathan (Battle Loop) - A mash-up of two battle themes and the coastal town theme.
290-A - My Enemy (Loop) - Battle music set to the tune of 290 "My Friend" and 158 "White Elephants."
289 - Heated Battle (Loop) - A general battle theme. E-guitar and heavy percussion.
208-A - Megaboss, (Loop) - A tense boss battle theme with a bit of futuristic-sounding synths.
208-C - Megaboss, (Loop, String section, Up-tempo) - Megaboss B-Type with extra string section in the first half. Hopefully, a worthy edition of my favorite battle theme.
208-D - Megaboss, (Loop, Piano only) - The popular Megaboss theme, stripped of all instruments save its piano and percussion.
208-E - Megaboss, Strings Only (Incomplete) - Incomplete Megaboss variation with strings only.
162-A - Pre-Boss Battle Tension (Loop, OGG) - Prelude to the "Boss Battle" theme.
162-B - Boss Battle (Loop) - Boss battle music with electric guitar synth, as well as strings and brass hits.
192 - Jazzy Battle Prelude (Loop, OGG) - A snazzy, upbeat ready-for-combat style song.

TOWN & MAP THEMES
310 - World Map Theme (Loop)
305 - Heresy - Creepy church organ music.
292 - Touch the Sky (Loop) - A "mountain" theme.
298 - Home (Loop) - A nostalgia-laden town or castle theme.
296 - The Tea Garden (Loop) - A nice, peaceful track with music box synth, strings and woodwinds.
204-A - The Lonely Amazon (Loop) - A field theme that may be fit for a jungle area or a forest.
287-C - Reflections in Tranquility (Loop) - A mellow, contemplative guitar track.
200 - Upbeat, Futuristic Area (Loop) - A sassy, futuristic-sounding area loop.
204-B - Snowy Field (Loop) - A very simple loop that sounds wintry.
223 - Groovy (Loop) - A snazzy little loop. Reminds me of tutorial music.
159 - Ambrosia Beach (Loop)- Written with a coastal town area in mind.
158-A - White Elephants (Loop) - A little bit of humor. Character or town theme.
158-B - White Elephants (Back it Up Mix) (Loop) - A remix of the above track, party style. Well, my style :\
156 - Smooth, Jazzy Theme (Loop) - Funk, pop, whatever. I'm not sure if "jazzy" is the right word.
160 - Rose Petals (Scene) - Optimistic-sounding piano tune. Scene or character theme.
149 - Serenity (Loop) - A simple, angelic song with dreamy synth pads and a flute.
195 - Wintry Town (Loop, OGG) - For use in snowy towns or dungeons.

DUNGEON THEMES
305 - Heresy - Creepy church organ music.
300-A - Desecrated Temple - Harpsichord, piano, synth. An evil castle theme.
300-B - Blood of Lilith (Loop) - A remix of "Desecrated Temple"
292 - Touch the Sky (Loop) - A "mountain" theme.
299 - Treacherous Slopes (Loop) - Mountain-climbing!
293-B - This Is NOT a Drill (Loop) - This time, it's for real.
293-A - Fire Drill (Loop) - A very tense, "let's get the heck out of here!" song.
204-A - The Lonely Amazon (Loop) - A field theme that may be fit for a jungle area or a forest.
195 - Wintry Town (Loop, OGG) - For use in snowy towns or dungeons.

SCENES
311 - Love from Afar (Loop) - A soft theme for a character or a bittersweet scene. Based on the idea of an unrequited love theme.
308 - The Tea Garden, Enhanced Version (Scene) - A remix of "296 - The Tea Garden." A soft, peaceful track with pan flute, strings, piano & an ambient harp.
304 - Insecurity - Futuristic, dramatic.
301 - Good Memories - Harp, flute and strings.
296 - The Tea Garden (Loop) - A nice, peaceful track with music box synth, strings and woodwinds.
293-B - This Is NOT a Drill (Loop) - This time, it's for real.
293-A - Fire Drill (Loop) - A very tense, "let's get the heck out of here!" song.
291-B Lost - A lonelier version of "Never Forget"
291-A - Never Forget - A lonely or sad theme best used in a scene, not a map.
290-B - My Friend (Jazzy Swing, Loop) - A mellow character theme.
288 - Don't Mess with Me (Loop) - Theme for a character with a rotten heart!
173 - Who Left the Milk Out!? (Loop) - Comedic loop.
110-B - Rest Beneath the Tree (Scene) - An Asian ambient scene with a tense ending.

AMBIENT THEMES
308 - The Tea Garden, Enhanced Version (Scene) - A remix of "296 - The Tea Garden." A soft, peaceful track with pan flute, strings, piano & an ambient harp.
291-B Lost - A lonelier version of "Never Forget"
287-B - Reflections in Tranquility - Mellow, with an air of anticipation. A guitar and flute combo with string accompaniment.
110-A - Malevolent Spirit in the Tree (Scene) - Scene music. Transitions from tranquil, Japanese instruments to a battle-style theme.
110-B - Rest Beneath the Tree (Scene) - An epiano ambient scene.
160 - Rose Petals (Scene) - Optimistic-sounding piano tune. Scene or character theme.
149 - Serenity (Loop) - A simple, angelic song with dreamy synth pads and a flute.
170 - Eerie Scene (Loop) - A creepy music box-sounding synth theme.

CHARACTER THEMES
311 - Love from Afar (Loop) - A soft theme for a character or a bittersweet scene. Based on the idea of an unrequited love theme.
307 - Wrath (Don't Mess With Me Remix, Loop) - Tense remix of an evil character theme.
290-B - My Friend (Jazzy Swing, Loop) - A mellow jazzy song that contains motifs from 290-A, and 158 A & B.
288 - Don't Mess with Me (Loop) - Theme for a character with a rotten heart!
287-C - Reflections in Tranquility (Loop) - A mellow, contemplative guitar track.
158-A - White Elephants (Loop) - A little bit of humor. Character or town theme.
158-B - White Elephants (Remix) (Loop) - A remix of the above track, party style.
156 - Smooth, Jazzy Theme (Loop) - Funk, pop, whatever. I'm not sure if "jazzy" is the right word.
173 - Who Left the Milk Out!? (Loop) - Comedic loop.
147-B - The Brother I Never Had (Loop) - Upbeat masculine character theme. E-guitar synth.

INN THEMES
ME-1 - Sweet Dreams (ME file, OGG) - Inn theme one.
ME-2 - Good Night (ME file, OGG) - Inn theme two.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:32:38 PM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Thanks for sharing, but SMF doesn't use "" in url links. Ie it's

[url=http://soundcloud.com/aaron-anderson-11/rest-beneath-the-tree]Preview & Download[/url]

and not:

[url=http://"http//soundcloud.com/aaron-anderson-11/rest-beneath-the-tree"]Preview & Download[/url]

I will update your post with the links fixed.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
I see. I copied and pasted this post from another message board. I was using BB Script instead of SMF. I'll remember to pay more attention in the future. No wonder the links were dead. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:19:18 PM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yes, but they are fixed now.

Also, if you wanted, you could use soundcloud tags like this:

[soundcloud]40057764[/soundcloud]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Interesting... *goes to listen to potentials for any future resources*

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
Two new loops, and most importantly a new battle theme!

Download Here
Spoiler for:
289 Heated Battle (Loop, OGG 320kbps)
Preview & Download

288 Don't Mess with Me (Loop, OGG 320kbps)
Preview & Download
&

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
Three more contributions. "Never Forget" "My Friend" and "My Enemy":

Spoiler for:
291 Never Forget (OGG, 320kbps)
Preview & Download
   A lonely or sad theme best used in a scene, not a map.

290-B "My Friend" (Jazzy Swing, Loop, OGG 320kbps)
Preview & Download
   A mellow, jazzy song that contains motifs from 290-A, and 158 A & B.

290-A "My Enemy" (Loop, OGG 320kbps)
Preview & Download
   Battle music set to the tune of 290 "My Friend" and 158 "White Elephants." Good to have in case one of your heroes
      turns to the Dark Side! :P
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:53:29 PM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Love the music. Could I make a request from one of the masters?

I'm looking for a good mountside music track for a wind-blown feel to the maps I'm doing. I'll be doing screenshots over on one of my thread to explain why I need something like this. If it's too much to ask, let me know. However, since your music has some great feels to it it'd really help in the tone in the game I'm making [you're credited twice, btw], and the sound quality is sheer flawlessness.

Cheers, Revtattertot.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
I'm looking for a good mountside music track for a wind-blown feel to the maps I'm doing. I'll be doing screenshots over on one of my thread to explain why I need something like this.

I'd love to help. would you mind telling me which of my songs have instruments you like, or what instruments you want it to have? I would ask for you to give me a song to listen to, but I'd be afraid I'd be stealing. :/

Any hints will help. I can kind of hear a tune already, but I'd like to know what you want, specifically.
&

Rep:
Level 57
Hmm, for a mountain theme, It'd be best If i gave you the scenario of what mountain theme I want.

Long story short, I want a theme that says "Time for adventure!" but also "Watch that pitfall!" at the same time, kind of like the mountain theme in Lufia II: RotS. Something where it creates an upbeat feeling like your travelling the mountainside, exploring all the nooks and crannies, watching for step-offs, and all while staying prepped for the occasional bird or snake. I honestly don't know which instruments specifically add to that tone, so those are up to you.

Hope this helps,
Revtattertot.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
Here's what I came up with:

292 - Touch the Sky
Preview & Download

I hope you can use it.
&

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
I need some tense music for a scene where the character is in an abandoned mineshaft, gets deep into it, and finds out that lava is starting to flood the mine. The music would need to be tense (as I said), have a feeling of a fire to it, and just be overall something that would make a persons heart race. Can you make anything like that?

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
If you haven't already, check out my soundcloud resource page. Right now I'm switching back into study mode for exams. When I have some free time, I'll try to come up with something. I wish I had time to take more commissions, but for the time being it's negatively affecting my school and social life.

How long of a scene do you want it to be?

I assume you've seen my resources, but just in case, here's my home page:
http://soundcloud.com/aaron-anderson-11
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:24:51 AM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 57
I like. Thanks, Amkrough, this is perfect for the map I need.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
AuraMasterNeal,

I went ahead and threw this together! I made time to study and just caved in. Haha. I hope you can use it! Please let me know if it loops properly.

Edit: I fixed the file. It loops properly without a pause.

293 - Fire Drill (LOOP, OGG 320kbps)
Preview & Download

Cheers, amkrogh89
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:51:08 PM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
 :blizj: It sounds pretty good, except I need it a bit more tense and scary, like you are about to die. I want the person to be in the moment when playing the game. I am amazed at how well you can make these, though! :blizj:

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
Okay. Any tips? Are there specific instruments or musical phrases that you're looking for? Choirs of angels singing them to their doom? (I can't quite do that, though...).  ;)

I understand the fun of music carrying you through a game or a scene. The more you hear and see it, the more of a religious experience it is. I'll speed up the tempo, at least, and see if I can add some scary background stuff. Anything I need to get rid of?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:05:06 PM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Nothing to get rid of, but I loved the part starting about 0:45. It sounded scary.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
Nothing to get rid of, but I loved the part starting about 0:45. It sounded scary.
Okay, cool. How about this, then?

293-B This is NOT a Drill (Loop, OGG 320kbps)
Preview & Download
   This time, it's for real.

~amkrogh89
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:39:55 PM by amkrogh89 »
&

Rep:
Level 97
I think they both sound great amkrogh! Your school and social lives may suffer, but you've improved my day :)

Despite the benefit accruing to me however, please don't let this stuff affect your school and social lives.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
I think they both sound great amkrogh! Your school and social lives may suffer, but you've improved my day :)

Despite the benefit accruing to me however, please don't let this stuff affect your school and social lives.

I had a couple minor problems at first. I was so excited, I worked on it when I should have been studying. And then my fiance said it was taking up too much of our together time. Like I said, I just need to put things in order, and I can devote time to this, at least until my soundcloud storage runs out.

You all have improved my days, too. My fiction writing failed, so now I live vicariously through this adventurous music stuff. I'm thrilled to have an audience!  :tpg:
&

Rep:
Level 57
Have you tried working at higher tiers or something? Skill like that shouldn't just be for small-scale projects, it should be utilized and loved!
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 57
Audiophile
I'm not sure how that would work. That would be a real job. I'm an English major desperate for a job as an admin assistant.  ;D

If I did this full-time, would it cease to be fun, I wonder?  ???
&

Rep:
Level 57
In that aspect, I understand completely if you want to keep it a hobby. Art shouldn't be burned out or things start getting redundant.

However, the point still stands that you truly have skill in the field of work you're in. I think you have a pretty set-in-stone place here in RMRK, so keep doing what you do best. You have support.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
 :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: Moar music!!!!!! Your music is awesome! As he said, you really should make a career out of this! What should I put as your name in the credits?  :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: