RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Enemy HUD

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Enemy HUD
Version: 1.1
Author: Pacman
Date: 10/4/2012

Version History

• <Version 1.0> 2012.02.12 - Original Release
  • <Version 1.1> 2012.04.10 – Updated for ‘boss’ idea and better… code.

Planned Future Versions

• Somehow changing the tags of the enemies so that you can change the displays in-game.

Description

This script displays enemy stats (HP, MP, TP, stat icons) in the battle screen whilst selecting which enemy to target. It also includes special tags to prevent any of these stats from being drawn. And yes, enemies do have TP. New in 1.1, you can make the numbers of the enemy’s gauges hidden. This would be specifically useful for boss battles.

Features

• Displays enemies' HP, MP, TP (yes, enemies have TP), name and statuses in the window selection screen.
  • Simple notebox tags to exclude any of these from being drawn.
  • Simple notebox tag to prevent numbers being drawn on the gauges (also works for actors, because I’m lazy).

Screenshots

Some demonstrations of the differing displays of each of the enemies. Too lazy to put the boss feature in a screenshot :)

Instructions

Paste above main, at the top of your custom scripts list. Follow instructions in script header.

Script

Get it at Pastebin.

Credit

• Pacman

Thanks

• Pacman again, for the original VX script. :P

Support

Just post here or PM me if your problem is embarrassing.

Known Compatibility Issues

I overwrote a method in Scene_Battle, so for extra caution make sure it's near the top of your custom script list.

Demo

Nah.

Author's Notes

Check out my blag! It has blue! BLUE!
This will probably work well with Change Gauge Display.

Restrictions

Free for use in non-commercial projects, with credit. For commercial projects (seriously?) contact me.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:39:31 AM by Timothy »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice idea - it is good to have a little more information on enemies in battle.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Just post here or PM me if your problem is embarrassing.

People on forums get embarrassed? :0

Anyways, I like this script. I'm not just saying that to fill up your topic with posts or anything. Nope, not at all! ;8 It's one step closer to Ace having all those awesome VX scripts. I wish I knew how to script without copying your sandwitch script. ;9

Good job, Pacman! :V
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
UPDATED.
You can now have enemies' gauges drawn, but not the numbers they are representing, i.e., hiding the exact amount of HP, MP or TP they have. Also works on actors, because I put the code in Game_Battler which effects both Game_Actor and Game_Enemy.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Would it be possible to make an addon so that the stats only display if you've scanned an enemy(with MA's Monster Catalogue)?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I guess. Do you mean the name, the gauges or the numbers?

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
The Numbers, at least.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Updated the Pastebin link, I'll update the topic soon. Kinda can't be bothered right now ^_^

Also if you use the addon that blocks out the enemy name, I suggest this snippet to make selecting enemies easier.
Code: [Select]
module WHITEN_ENEMY
  FLICKER = true
  FLICKER_RATE = 45
end

class Window_EnemyHUD < Window_BattleStatus
  def update
    super
    return unless active
    type = :whiten
    if WHITEN_ENEMY::FLICKER
      @last_sprite_effect_type = enemy.sprite_effect_type
      @change_counter = 0 if @change_counter.nil? or @change_counter >
       WHITEN_ENEMY::FLICKER_RATE
      @change = @change_counter > (WHITEN_ENEMY::FLICKER_RATE / 2)
      type = @last_sprite_effect_type
      type = :whiten if @change
    end
    enemy.sprite_effect_type = type
    @change_counter += 1 if WHITEN_ENEMY::FLICKER
  end
end
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:11:55 PM by Timothy »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Fixed a bug with detecting the presence of MA's Monster Catalogue. I was careless in the previous update.

EDIT:: Even more fixed now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:01:43 AM by Timothy »