RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX Tutorial] On-Screen Monster Encounters, Battle When Monster Touches You

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Introduction

Something that has really annoyed me about RPG's is the random battles, quite often I find that they happen far too frequently.

So this is a Tutorial for creating monsters on the map, that are used to activate battle encounters.

Features

It includes a proper escape feature (the monsters become see-through for a few seconds and you can walk through them).

A disappearing act, when you win, the monsters will disappear for around 17 seconds (can be decreased or extended), and they won't abruptly return, they will glow for a moment, then return to normal before trying to eat you again.

It includes an easy to setup tutorial for beginners AND a way for the more advanced users to set up a random battle encounter.

ScreenShots
Spoiler for ScreenShots:

Tutorial Link
Map Monster Encounters Tutorial

Talk to the red-haired guy in the game and then check the event files if you're still not sure what to do.

Good luck to you.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:42:15 PM by Chris 3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Dude, isn't this supposed to be in the tutorial database? Not to be a mini-mod or anything  :P

http://rmrk.net/index.php/board,106.0.html
なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I thought it had to approved or something before that, that's why I posted it here.  :o
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Good work, a simple tutorial and very well done. It will be helpful for those peopple that wants to change the random battles counter steps.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I think this deserves some more attention. I just tested it and it's a pretty neat system! ;8 Thanks for sharing, d&p3!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 58
in training
I was keen to see how this differs from my own system however I can't get the link to the tutorial to work. It just lkinks back to this page which just has a demo and some pics. :(

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
It's an attachment.

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Really cool system indeed! This just shows how much you can do with eventing aswell! Scripts are awesome, and I'm using one for this kind of system(well It's similar atleast, but yours would be insane in a more action rpg type of game imo). What I'm trying to say is that you can do tons of things without actually using a script, and when people like you show it off for the rest of the world, atleast I'm one that is cheering!  ^-^
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade