RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rules for Projects in Progress

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This Board is for asking for feedback on any unfinished projects you are working on. Once a project is finished, it is moved to the main Projects board. If you feel your project should be moved, feel free to report it or PM a moderator.

When posting, you must tag the title of your thread with the maker being used. Anything which identifies the maker is acceptable, though the following codes are suggested for the RPG Maker programs:

• [VXA] = RMVX Ace
  • [VX] = RMVX
  • [XP] = RMXP
  • [2k3] = RM 2003
  • [2k] = RM 2000

While how much detail may be required is ultimately a judgment call and different genres may require more or less detail, at least some of the following elements should probably be present if you want any useful feedback, since without content there can be no commentary.

• Basic background info about the game. At least one paragraph dedicated to plot or story background.  Also, please mention which maker is being used.
  • Character Biographies
  • Screenshots
  • Demo
  • List of Credits

See also: Kitten's Guide on Presenting your Project

Have fun and I look forward to seeing the games you create!

[much of this thread is borrowed from Yossy's previous rules: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7241.0.html]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:05:53 PM by modern algebra »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Could I also specifically request the creators of these games to give an estimated completion time of their demos.
I'd like to do an entire playthrough of a demo rather than playing until I'm no longer available to do so.
By giving an estimated time to complete the demo, I can choose an appropriate time for me to play.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 58
If you are adding a new project does there have to be a demo?
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 71
No, if you do have a demo then it gets moved to sustainable projects.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
What if the demo is not worthy of being called a demo?

This means:
What if I place a "demo" that is meant to show maps and perhaps a bit of gameplay but pretty much nothing else yet?? Will it be moved then as well?

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Depends on how much is shown. If it's just a couple of maps, then probably not unlesss there was over 30 minutes of gameplay. If there are hundreds of maps, then it would likely be moved even without any gameplay content. The point is only that there has to be some substantial content to the game before it is moved. It can't just be an idea.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Depends on how much is shown. If it's just a couple of maps, then probably not unlesss there was over 30 minutes of gameplay. If there are hundreds of maps, then it would likely be moved even without any gameplay content. The point is only that there has to be some substantial content to the game before it is moved. It can't just be an idea.

That's exactly an answer I needed :) Thanksies

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!: