RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Beta

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!

About this game
Beta is a quest-driven RPG with a focus on lighthearted dialogue. Some quests will also present the player with mini-games or challenges that the player has to beat in order to progress. Along the way, you will be presented with choices as well, some of which will have an impact on the outcome of the story in the game.

To find things to do you have to explore the game world. Talk to NPC's or interact with objects to find new things to do.

Features:
Spoiler for:
  • 1 playable character.
  • 1 town to explore, with every NPC and building being involved in one or more quest-lines.
  • Funny, lighthearted dialogue.
  • Several quest-lines to play through.
  • Several choices to be made during some quests, some of which will result in different situations.
  • A variety of mini-games and challenges to be played.
  • A variety of originally drawn facesets for the main characters are used to show emotions during dialogues.
  • A variety of outfits for the main character to wear - most of these will be found during or upon finishing a quest.

How this game came to be
Spoiler for:
Beta was created in RPG Maker 2000, and was originally meant to be a test map for a much bigger project I had planned years ago, back in 2007. The much bigger project was meant to be one of those huge epic games that everyone seems to like to start on as they discover RPG Maker.

Anyway, I was so bad at eventing, I decided to create a test game to play around with the various features, like switches and variables. Not much later I got bored of RPG Maker, and abandoned the whole thing. Some years later I decided to have a look at my old RPG Maker stuff, and found out the stuff I had made in my test map was actually kind of fun. I decided to add some more to it. It didn't take long till I considered making a game out of it. By this time I still wasn't very serious about the whole thing, but I had fun adding random stuff to it that would make me, and my friend and li'l bro who tried it out, laugh.

After a while I suffered from a burn-out and took a long break from the project again. After about 1 and a half year I went back to the project, finally to finish it. The last month was a struggle to motivate myself to keep going till the end of the game, as I didn't want to take another 1+ year break from it before finishing it.

Characters - Contains spoilers!
Spoiler for:
The 3 main characters are loosely based on myself, my li'l bro and my best buddy.

ROTH - THE THUNDERGOD
This is the character you will play as in the game. He plays the role as being the RPG adventurer in Beta Town. This means that people will ask him for help or favours. Roth is a pretty chill-out guy with a witty attitude most of the time. Besides his will to help people, Roth is also a strong character that won't have problems punching holes through brick walls and smashing monsters into the ground.
Roth's home in is in the SMASH-HOUSE, where he lives with his younger brother, Thieme, a.k.a. The Kingpin, and his best buddy, Rage.

THIEME - THE KINGPIN
Thieme is Roth's younger brother. He lives in the SMASH-HOUSE where he just hangs out with his best buddy, Rage. Thieme can be kind of lazy sometimes, and stays in bed sleeping for long times. When he is not sleeping or hanging out, he can be found travelling lands far away, exploring the unknown.

RAGE - THE DRAGOON
Best buddy of both Roth and Thieme. Rage is a cool guy, a hothead, and has a heart of gold. He likes to act all big and bad, but everyone knows he has a soft side too, specifically for women. Rage isn't really the adventurous type, and prefers to hang around near the SMASH-HOUSE.

ELDIN
Eldin is a girl from a rich family that lives in the villa in the northern part of Beta Town. Her dad does not allow her to go outside much, in fear of her getting hurt. She lives a lonely life, but dreams of going on an adventure some time.

STEVE
Steve is Eldin's best friend, but since he lives in another town, far away, they don't meet up often. Steve is very loyal to Eldin, and would do anything to protect Eldin from getting hurt. Overall, he's a pretty friendly guy, but he isn't very open to strangers.

MATTHEW
Matthew used to be friends with Eldin and Steve, until he got himself into a fight with Steve. Since then Eldin has been avoiding him. All Matthew wants, however, is to have Eldin for himself. His obsession for her drives him crazy, and will stop at nothing to get her back.

MAD SCIENTIST
The Mad Scientist lives in a cottage protected by mechanical golem servants. It is there where he works on new crazy projects. Only just recently he has been attempting to create a machine that will bend space and time in order to create portals to different dimensions.

Screenshots - Contains spoilers!
Spoiler for:
I am Roth! Roth the ThunderGod!

Nobody cares about the Random Guy.

Sweet, sweet memories.

It's fun to be good at breaking things.

Born to be wild!

Someone likes to sleep... a lot.

To help, or not to help.

Combo! Times two!

Like a boss!

Get me out of here!

With great power comes great responsibility

Dimensception

Eldin's dream

Videos - Contains spoilers!
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OchZEWXSVXk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OchZEWXSVXk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzACNJ5AJpA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzACNJ5AJpA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKNBTgjIdI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKNBTgjIdI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7wtEIJ2RE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh7wtEIJ2RE</a>

Let's Play BETA video playlist, by DrBigt:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg1nxjMJG2SwTDfxFRQ9T6GFm_ZQWsVnT

Download - Current version: 1.6 (released: May 14, 2013) - ~15.5MB
Click to start download... (install the font patch included with the game files before playing, to make ingame text more readable)
Installation guide:
Spoiler for:
-Download the game
-Open the .zip file
-Create a folder on your computer
-Drag the files from the .zip file into the new folder
-Click Setup.exe to install the game, install it inside the new folder
-Click Font Patch to install the font patch
-Open the folder named Beta that should be in the new folder after installing the game
-Scroll down the list of files, and click RPG_RT.exe to start the game

Game Length
Not sure... if I had to guess, anything between 1 to 3 hours.
1 hour if you read fast and have little problems finding what to do next.
2 hours for the average guy I'd say...
3 hours at most, if you don't read so fast, and/or get stuck on some parts of the game.

There's a FAQ / Walkthrough that comes with the game's files that you can check on if you get stuck on a particular part of the game.

RATED: Everyone 10+ (E10+)
-Cartoon violence
-Mild swearing

Credits
Spoiler for:
* Game Creator *
-Milennin

* Special Thanks *
-Thieme a.k.a. The Kingpin
-Rage The Dragoon

-Created in RPG Maker 2000
-Don Miguel: for translating RPG Maker 2000
-Drakul: for making the Font Patch
-Derula: for making the Disharmony Audio Patch

* Custom Graphics *
-Milennin

* Sound Effects *
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
-Grand Theft Auto 2
-Worms 2
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Various SE's from unknown sources...

* Music *
-Josh: Houki Boshi
-Xald Balghostriped: Alones
-Hichtec: Green Forest
-Champisachamp: Live and Learn
-RPG Toolkit: Overworld theme
-Golden Sun: Battle theme
-Final Fantasy: Victory theme
-Final Fantasy III: Crystal Cave
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Endless Mine
-RuneScape: Forever, Wilderness, Into the Abyss, Understanding

Various MIDI's from unknown sources...

* Inspiration *
-The Battlers
-Golden Sun
-Pokémon
-Legend of Zelda
-RuneScape
-Guild Wars 2
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Harvest Moon
-Naruto
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

* You: for playing *

* Beta Testing *
-Thieme a.k.a. The Kingpin
-Rage The Dragoon

-ElainaMarie

-Hiromu656
-Oblivious12123

FAQ
Spoiler for:
Q: Why RM2K?
A: It does what I want it to do. And I love the RTP. It's easy to work with and it looks nice. Reminds me of those old school RPG's.

Q: Why so much dialogue?
A: I fell in love with dialogue when playing Golden Sun on the GBA (one of my first RPG's). I think it gave the characters a lot of depth, and it made me care for them. Unlike other games I used to play back then (a lot of old school Sega stuff, like Sonic). Since then it's been a dream to create an RPG with a lot of dialogue and events to make my characters come to life in a game.

Q: Why no battle system?
A: I don't care much for a battle system. It generally revolves around grinding monsters for EXP with little to no challenge involved to increase the game's length. I know it works well if it's done well, but to be honest, it's the part of RPG Maker that interests me the least. Instead I went with implementing a bunch of different mini-games and challenges which all seem to fit in much better in the type of game I'm trying to make.

Q: Who's the Random Guy?
A: I dunno really. He's pretty random, isn't he?

Q: Why do you hate Zelda?
A: I don't. *serious face*

Q: Do you hate Jigglypuff?
A: Yes.

Q: But why?
A: Cause they're pink, and round. And try to look cute.

A: Cause they're stupid.

A: Cause they're annoying.

A: Moving on...

Q: How long did it take you to make this?
A: Started on it back in 2007. I've worked on it off and on, I don't really know. If I had to guess, several months of a lot of work probably.

Q: I'm stuck. What do I do?
A: Check out the game's walkthrough that comes with the game's files, and look for the part that you are stuck on.

Q: I found a bug. What do I do?
A: Please contact me with details.

Q: You're awesome.
A: Technically, that's not a question, but thank you.

FAQ concerning video-making

Q: Can I upload public videos of this game on Youtube?

Q: Can I monetize videos I make of BETA?

Dev notes:
Spoiler for:
Gah! Finally! Release! I can't believe I actually finished this thing. From begin to end. It's all done now. *sigh* Never thought this day would ever come. But I can finally say I have created my own whole game! With a bunch of stuffs in it to do! I hope you enjoy it, and I would very much appreciate it if you could leave me feedback of what you thought of my game. Even if it happens to be negative.

Can't think of anything to write? I'll gladly list some things I'm interested in knowing:
  • How long did it take you to finish the game from begin to end?
  • Did you actually enjoy playing the game? If not: why not?
  • What did you like most - why is it that you liked it most?
  • What did you not like - why did you not like it?
You can contact me on the rmrk.net forums, or by e-mail: battlers_forever@msn.com
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:56:45 AM by Milennin »
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This is actually a very fun game. Although I found one problem, I couldn't win the teddy bear until I talked to that jail guard to get one, which isn't cool. But besides that, the scene where he broke free from the cell was pretty funny. I like this game, it's a cool, calm game, although at this point I don't really see many quests, it seems like a giant chain quest, but it's a fun one indeed, pushing Zelda into a lake and taking her money and what not.

Is the game really called Beta?

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Yeah, about that mini-game, I wanted Roth to not really care about some dumb mini-game's prize. Like what kind of guy would really want to win a teddy bear anyway...=p But if more people feel the teddy bear should be won anyway, I can always change it.

True, at the moment I put most of my time on the jail quest chain. Because once I start working on it, it's hard to let it go and start on something else.=p Although there's another quest to be found near the SMASH-HOUSE.
Spoiler for:
Examine the gravestone, then enter the dungeon and talk to Rage to start it.
The start of 3 other mini-quests can be found in the game too, but those aren't finished yet.
The scene with the villa daughter is unlocked through exploration - although examining the start of this quest is only available up to a certain point in the game - and actually kicks off a somewhat romantic side-quest (only first part of it available in Demo), and later on will unlock another side-quest only for those who started the first one.

And yeah, the game's name is Beta. I didn't really have an official name for it yet before posting it. But since it was supposed to be a test map for things, I thought Beta would be a fitting name for it.

Anyways, glad you liked it.=p I wasn't sure what people would think of this game.=p

EDIT: As for updates made after the current Demo upload (V1.0):
(See main post for updates list)

These changes will be included in the next Demo upload. No idea when that'll be, probably after I've done enough fixes and added some more new content.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:47:24 PM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Uploaded Demo V.1.1.
Added a new quest, check inside the SMASH-HOUSE to find out what's new.
Check the demo update spoiler in the main post to see what else got added/changed/updated.

Gonna be away for a week on Tuesday, so gonna go continue to work on it after I get back next week.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:57:38 PM by Milennin »

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Pretty good game but with a few bugs:

-I can't get milk from the store even after finishing Bob's quest
-Every time I visit the farm after finishing Bob's quest I get trapped inside and it just says "I should talk to Bob first." when trying to leave. If I talk to Bob he just says the "I love to laugh." line.
-Every time I return to the villa without milk and talk to the panicking guy, it just restarts the scene with the guy saying he needs milk then the butler coming over.
-I had to stop my cow during the race every time I wanted to use a soil patch.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Pretty good game but with a few bugs:

-I can't get milk from the store even after finishing Bob's quest
-Every time I visit the farm after finishing Bob's quest I get trapped inside and it just says "I should talk to Bob first." when trying to leave. If I talk to Bob he just says the "I love to laugh." line.
-Every time I return to the villa without milk and talk to the panicking guy, it just restarts the scene with the guy saying he needs milk then the butler coming over.
-I had to stop my cow during the race every time I wanted to use a soil patch.

1- Yeah, I haven't added anything after Bob's quest. That one's still a work in progress.
2- I'll check up on this, thanks for letting me know.
3- ^
4- I know, I wanted the gameplay to be more fluid during cowracing. But unless there's a very advanced way to fix this problem I don't know of, I think it's just a problem with the RPG Maker engine for not being able to handle multiple control actions at once.=/

Anyway, thanks a lot for testing. Really helps to get those bugs out of the game.;D I already do tons of testing myself, but there seems to be always one I overlooked.
As soon I fixed the above I'll upload a new demo version, including new content and more bug fixes.

EDIT: New demo build is up for download. To see what's new check the updates section in the main post.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:58:05 PM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Time to get this back up, with an updated first post.

The game is now around 75% completed.

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
So gonna play this when Its released, looks like alot of fun!  ^-^
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!

Heh, hopefully you'll like it:lol: I'm gonna be nervous when I release it.=P
But before release is possible I still have to wade through so many bugs it's not even funny.T__T And still one quest-line to make, followed up by the game's ending and credits.

Rep:
Level 55

Heh, hopefully you'll like it:lol: I'm gonna be nervous when I release it.=P
But before release is possible I still have to wade through so many bugs it's not even funny.T__T And still one quest-line to make, followed up by the game's ending and credits.

Im not familiar with the maker you are using, sadly. Else I would have been glad to help you out with the bugs :(
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Im not familiar with the maker you are using, sadly. Else I would have been glad to help you out with the bugs :(

Yeah, it's ok.=P For some reason there's always those bugs that never seem to go away, no matter what you try to fix them. Or when you think you fixed them, go work on another part of your game. Then later come back to older content, only to notice old bugs being back again.-__- Like, what the hell!? Lol, that annoys me a lot.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
UPDATE: Added a complete new quest to the game, upping the current game's progress bar to 85%. Of course that's just a guess, I don't exactly know at how much % I really sit, but I'm getting pretty close to finishing this project now. I'm moving the estimated release date a little sooner, I'm thinking I can get this finished in the first half of February (in about 3 weeks from now) if I keep working on it and nothing terrible happens to it. A very slight possibility of getting it finished before the end of this month, but that's only if I go hardcore on it, and I don't think I have the motivation to do so *sigh*. Curse my laziness!

Current list of things to do before game is considered finished:
-Rounding up the Partyhat quest
-Rounding up the Villa quest (which is split up into 2 parts)
-Adding the final event/cutscene + credits
-Final testing + bug fixing

A screenshot from the newly added quest, in which Roth is asked to test out this machine for the Mad Scientist:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I'm just a little confused when I see some of your maps. In the 2nd screenshot it looks as if the vendor, or whatever he is, is standing on a rooftop that can be accessed with a slope. The third looks like the house is literally floating in the air with only the front side attached to the ground... And in the last one, it looks like there are no walls at all! And in some inside-screenshots, it looks as if the items are on the top of the wall, not against the wall.

It's just a minor criticism on your mapping, but as for the rest of it all (haven't played the demo but read all spoilers!!) it looks very promising and I might even play it when it's complete...
Anyway, I hope you'll get it finished without too many bugs.
Good job on the layout of your topic and I hope you can learn/pick up something from all our feedback...

Also, I LOVE Jigglypuff! :yuyu:

Anyway, good luck with this!!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I'm just a little confused when I see some of your maps. In the 2nd screenshot it looks as if the vendor, or whatever he is, is standing on a rooftop that can be accessed with a slope. The third looks like the house is literally floating in the air with only the front side attached to the ground... And in the last one, it looks like there are no walls at all! And in some inside-screenshots, it looks as if the items are on the top of the wall, not against the wall.

It's just a minor criticism on your mapping, but as for the rest of it all (haven't played the demo but read all spoilers!!) it looks very promising and I might even play it when it's complete...
Anyway, I hope you'll get it finished without too many bugs.
Good job on the layout of your topic and I hope you can learn/pick up something from all our feedback...

Also, I LOVE Jigglypuff! :yuyu:

Anyway, good luck with this!!

Uhm, in the 2nd screenshot the vendor is standing behind a counter?=p I'm not sure what you're seeing, but the counter doesn't look like a rooftop to me? And I don't see any slope either? *is very confused* Could you explain more?
About the 3rd screenshot I have no idea what you're talking about? It shows a fairly large room surrounded by stone walls? How does it seem like it's floating?
In the last screenshot the building has the darker wood using as walls. I guess it's commonly used by other people as a tile to be walked over? I figured it looks best for making wooden walls with, lol.:lol: I'll agree that I could have made the walls a tile higher to make it look more like real walls but I kind of ran out of space when I built it, so I went with lower walls than I usually do. I think I could replace the row of grass and nature at the top of the map with an extra layer of wood to make it look more like a wall.
edit: This looking better to you?
Spoiler for:
And yes, I tend to place a lot of stuff on the walls, lol, but I don't find much that looks out of place (could you point out some items that look out of place?) I agree that the stove in the 3rd screenshot looks bad, I could lower it one tile so it doesn't look like its built into the wall.

Anyways, thanks for the criticism. Because I always work alone on my project it's hard for me to judge whether my stuff is actually good or fun, so it's interesting to hear what other people think of my stuff when they look at it. 8)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:38:35 PM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 82
My guess would be the dark haired man standing in that little room, not the one behind the counter. I think the criticism is based on your choice of wall and ceiling tiles, or rather what looks like only a wall tile being used as a ceiling tile as well. It makes that little section look out of place, and the same can be applied to the other maps too.

On that topic, I would have to agree and add that your maps are oddly designed when it comes to their dimensions. For example, in the 4th screenshot your back wall is (at least) 2 tiles high, whereas the wall along that centre division is only 1 tile high. The inconsistency in wall height leads to an unbelievable setting that has the appearance of raised floors and slopes due to the way that the brain is trying to process the inconsistencies and make sense of them.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
My guess would be the dark haired man standing in that little room, not the one behind the counter. I think the criticism is based on your choice of wall and ceiling tiles, or rather what looks like only a wall tile being used as a ceiling tile as well. It makes that little section look out of place, and the same can be applied to the other maps too.

On that topic, I would have to agree and add that your maps are oddly designed when it comes to their dimensions. For example, in the 4th screenshot your back wall is (at least) 2 tiles high, whereas the wall along that centre division is only 1 tile high. The inconsistency in wall height leads to an unbelievable setting that has the appearance of raised floors and slopes due to the way that the brain is trying to process the inconsistencies and make sense of them.

Oh, I see what you mean.
No, that's supposed to be a small storage room, not a height difference, lol. There aren't many accessible height differences in my game that aren't shown without staircases, ropes or vines, except some of the dungeon maps.

Second point: Easily fixed to the spot you pointed out there.:lol: But I see what you're getting at. I think I could make some additional fixes to my Mad Scientist map that still suffers from inconsistent wall heights.
edit: Raised the map's dimensions a little, and added an extra layer of walls that the player can walk behind to create a better sense of depth. This any better?
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:37:52 PM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
UPDATE: Finished the Partyhat quest. Phew, the start of the quest was pretty much the first thing I created in my game 5+ years ago, so it's nice to have finally finished it. Sure turned out a lot different than I expected.
Didn't take as long on this one, as I regained some motivation to work on my game (was lacking some last week, hence the slow progress).

Current list of things to do before game is considered finished:
-Rounding up the Villa quest (which is split up into 2 parts)
-Adding the final event/cutscene + credits
-Final testing + polishing + bug fixing

Estimated release date remains around 1st half of February, but now with the 1st week being a little more likely than the 2nd week, lol.:lol:
I have some great ideas for the stuff I have yet to finish, so motivation-wise I should be fine from now on, I think. If I can get the villa quest completely done at around next week, then I'll need some days to create the game's ending + credits. After that I'll be testing my game a bunch, to make sure everything's working as intended, and to prevent quests from bugging out if trying to do unintended things (such as going somewhere else in the middle of a quest). I'll also run a complete check on all of my dialogue, polish up some of the older stuff if needed, and fix typos.
I also have a few graphics planned, such as custom facesets for some of the NPCs, and some extra custom tiles that I want to add before release. Let's just say that I want the release to be pretty much the final version of the game, with as little bugs as possible, so people get the full experience when it comes out. That doesn't mean I will stop supporting the game pre-release. Updated versions will be added when new bug fixes are made.

A screenshot from the final part of the Partyhat quest, in which Roth enters the Abyss, and has to run from a bunch of (not-so) scary monsters.
Yes, he changes looks in this part of the quest, explanations are given ingame. ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:13:44 AM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Finally done with the last piece of gameplay content after spending all my free time working on my game lately. The villa quest is now finished, with three completely different paths depending on your actions/choices you make. The only content left to make now is the ending event, which will lead to the game's credits. After that it's making some additional custom graphics, polishing stuff, testing+bug fixing etc. I think I can safely set a release date for my game now, which will be February 1st (next week, Friday). I think that should give me enough time to finish things and get it ready for a public release.

A look at part of the ending to one of the 3 paths in the villa questline, in which you'll be talking with Eldin about all sorts of things. For those less interested in long dialogues, the other 2 paths come with more action.:lol:

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Small update on current state of the game: All of the game's content is now complete and playable from begin to end, up to the game's credits. All that remains now is testing and polishing stuffs.

Release date: February 1, 2013

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
-Updated first post
-Updated screenshots section (contains spoilers!)
-Added videos (contains spoilers!)
-Added a download to the released version of the game (V1.0)

Download the full game at: http://www.mediafire.com/?8eb2lq59mh6e2pr ~16,5MB

edit: Apparently the first upload messed up the .zip file somehow. Should be working now...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:27:12 PM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 55
Woho! Gonna dowload this when I get home from work!  8)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:16:25 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Lol, hope you like it.:lol: And hopefully not run into any bugs, heheh. I did several test runs before release, and fixed everything I ran into. This is the first public release besides a very early beta demo I had before, and with only me testing it since then it's possible I've missed some things.

Rep:
Level 55
Lol, hope you like it.:lol: And hopefully not run into any bugs, heheh. I did several test runs before release, and fixed everything I ran into. This is the first public release besides a very early beta demo I had before, and with only me testing it since then it's possible I've missed some things.

I will make sure to present any possible bugs if I find em :)

Seems like the file to download the game is set to 'private' though, whatever that means.. so I can't download the game :(
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!

I will make sure to present any possible bugs if I find em :)

Seems like the file to download the game is set to 'private' though, whatever that means.. so I can't download the game :(

Uh, Mediafire's been acting really strange today. Earlier it completely changed the way my .zip file worked, rendering it unusable. Now it's saying it's a private download, while I only set my previous, old versions to private (yes, I just double checked). Anyway, try this? http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3o2afpb5ql9onhc

Otherwise, try this download? http://www.filedropper.com/betav10
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:51:37 PM by Milennin »

Rep:
Level 55
Uh, Mediafire's been acting really strange today. Earlier it completely changed the way my .zip file worked, rendering it unusable. Now it's saying it's a private download, while I only set my previous, old versions to private (yes, I just double checked). Anyway, try this? http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3o2afpb5ql9onhc

Otherwise, try this download? http://www.filedropper.com/betav10

That worked! Thanks :)

Spoiler for Thoughts so far:
Gonna write up some things while trying out the game here :) I really liked the setup, it felt genuine and somewhat professional! I have always wondered how you implement something like that into the games :)

I'm not sure if It's only me, but sometimes I have a hard time reading the font of the game.. It clashes togerher somewhat and makes it a bit hard to read. Is it the original font for the maker?, or is it something you could do anything about? (I'm not sure if Its possible to change the font in the maker you are using.)

I really enjoy the humor of the game so far!, It's something that you can feel 'hanging around' in the air, as soon as you can take control of the character! I was very confused with all the people running around in ultra speed at first, it was somewhat of a "what the heck?"-moment, but when the music inside the area stared playing, and I understood what I was supposed to do, it all came together. Also enjoyed the scene when retrieving the 'special price', haha you hit the head on the nail there for sure!  ;D

Haha, that rage guy seems like a cool guy to spend some time with.. ehum.. let me take that back! I really do hope I get to see him sometimes throughout the game!
- Zelda reference! Oh yeah!
Finally got to meet RAGE!, He seems like a totally normal guy if you ask me.. no really, he seems even more crazy than the main character haha! Just looking at the house they live in, It's pretty noticable they are living a totally crazy life! (Entering that smash-house, felt utterly AWESOME! though, I have to say. Just the whole atmosphere in there is just flawless). Anyway, the 'Whaaaat?' moment had me laughing for a long while! You certainly know how to add awesome stuff, that's for sure.

Tons, and tons of moments that's cracking me up! And I think the RPG references is on the spot aswell! I especially like the conversation about the pot you can buy in the general store!

I think It's really sweet that you have put time in making almost everything on the map interactable! I think I havn't seen a single thing yet, that you can't interact with in some way.

Found Jigg! 'cute, pink, fluffy... and about to die!" haha!
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the key, the event finished with the main character saying 'I think I got it' and that's it.. but I think I might figure it out :)
Ah.. I had to talk with Zelda! hahaha! Human-bridge! This game will never stop to surprise me! .. Nope, it definitely won't! Poor Zelda  :(

Oh ye! I'm such a bad-ass! 'who do you think I am - Kick!' haha this is totally awesome! And true, that Npc was sure not a stationary Npc allright, hmpf!

Think I will have to stop play here for awhile, but I'm looking forward to pick this up again soon! It's really addictive haha!

To sum it up, I think that It's a warm-hearted (is that even a word?), and totally crazy game (in a good way). If your goal was to have a game that is completely outrageous, and amazingly entertaining then you have fulfilled that goal to It's maximum. I'm having a hard time taking the game seriously, but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point! And, that's far from something negative because It's been a looong time since I have seen any game being as unique as this one. It's crazy, fun, and totally outrageous! and I think I said addictive?

The game runs perfectly, and I havn't seen a single bug yet. Can't wait to play some more, and congratulations on finishing this game! I'm totally hooked!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:41:16 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade