RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] - Echoes of Eternity ~ Somber Sorrows [C. Demo added]

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Echoes of Eternity ~ Somber Sorrows

Details

Platform: RPG Tskuruu Super Dante,  RPG Maker 95, RPG Maker VX
Rating: Cero B, ESRB T
Genre: Classic RPG
Project Started: 1993 - 1998, 2008 (RMVX)
Estimated Gameplay: 30 minutes in terms of flow.
Features: Side View Battle system, Synthesis (Upgrade) system, Skill purchase/Customizing system

Information
*Notice: My original Language is Japanese, as such so is my project so I'm not only working on the project in it's original form, but I am also actively translating it so I apologize in advance for improper spelling and grammar. I will do my best to correct it, feel free to point out errors~

I have posted this project before on a different RPG Making forum (RMVX.net) but at the time, due to real life and obligations I had to put off the project and barely had time to work on it. I originally planned on getting this project posted on various communities for input and feedback but now that I have all the time in the world I can restart the project and pick up where it left off! The game was originally made on the Super Dante maker for Super Famicom, which I then made on RPG Maker 95 and later VX. So the project is as old as time itself and was originally titled "Eternal Echoes" but for English, I chose to change the name for more accuracy I believe in terms of translation.  Cross Reference where I had originally posted it, it is however outdated. Because of translations, I'll always be updating and revising the script, so a concept demo does exist, it's just the earliest translation copy.

My overall goal for this project is to create a simple, classic RPG that a lot of us more than likely have grown up with. Nothing too fancy, but something that will hopefully be fun to play and enjoyable.

Storyline (Revised)
Spoiler for:
There are many legends that begin with the generaing life force of a planet being Crystals - often a source of power sought out by those with the will to rule. This legend also is true for the world of Mesmonia, however there is a specific Mesmonian legend:

The world was created by one being, the Goddess of Life, Eternity. Though many people believe humans just "appeared" one day and slowly evolved into what they are now, many Scholars believe otherwise. Every 10,000 years, there is a "cleansing" known as "Ui`Sthal", Memsonian for "Apocalypse". Eternity summons her 3 Guardians from their slumber to watch over the breed of people that currently inhabits the planet. It is said that if the Guardians were ever challenged and defeated, Eternity would "cleanse the planet and start anew." because it is believed that this breed of people would abuse the power for ill, and not good. 20 years after the last "cleansing", Eternity created humans and a rare breed known as the Succubi, which are a race entirely populated by females.

Though Eternity had righteous intentions for these Succubi, being the only breed that inherited the traits of a previous race as a reminder of her previous failures and accomplishments, many caught and used them in experiments and even used for the purpose of breeding. Due to this, traits of previous civilizations are able to pass along to a new breed of people, which gave birth to the "job classes". While they aren't your inherent profession, they do determine what type of combat you'll be adapt in.

During these experiments, most Succubi died off, taking along with them the history of the planet and a piece of Eternity. However there remains a handful of Succubi left in the world with the dominant trait or are full-blooded Succubi. Eternity fell into her 10,000 year slumber, awaiting the next cleansing cycle. The Guardians too went into their slumber, which allowed the Humans to continue to flourish on Mesmonia.

Eventually, the Humans discovered ancient texts that detailed the history of their land and the Goddess Eternity. Learning of their hidden past, a council of Scholars proposed an "Adventurer Program" to try and defeat the Guardians, or Eternity herself. Many were skeptical of the idea as even challenging them would bring a certain apocalypse onto the planet. Eventually, the nations of Mesia and Xoy agreed to take part in it but with a catch - The recruitment will only pass those with dominant Succubus genes or are of the Succubi race themselves as Eternity wouldn't get rid of her greatest creation. The Adventurer program is basically a "Kill the Goddess and her Guardians" Campaign. Many ancient texts revealed this is a common practice to try to free themselves of a never ending cycle. Are we doomed to staying with this never ending cycle? Can humanity free itself of a curious Goddess's embrace? Is Eternity good or evil or is it Humanity that always forces her hand in the end?

*Note: The game is not about Crystals largely, they exist in the world, but it's mostly lore relations. The translation is a little rough, but the general idea gets across.

Plot (Where the game comes in, also contains slight spoilers)

Spoiler for:
The nation of Astar has held a meeting between the 3 current powerful nations: Mesia, Desonia and Astar with one task in mind: The Adventurer Program. It is 20 years till the point of Eterntity and her Guardians from reawakening and with all of the war, hatred and disconnect between the Human race, they fear time is running out. The meeting also brought in a few rather supicious individuals - Ryan d`Ourgalles, the leader of the Sky Pirates Ourgalles, Danya, a very mysterious lady that appears to have her own agenda, Euyria, an already awaken Guardian of Eternity, however not one of the Guardians that were close to Eternity, more of a remnant of her people that had direct ties to Eternity like the Succubi and Zheru, the Duelist Princess and leader of the Royal Duelist Unit 72. Ryan has passed along some information that there is a full blooded Succubi within earshot of them in the Land of Estellia by the name of Jennestia and have plans to get her mentor, Byu, to get her to join the Adventurer program. So while not immediately pursued, Jennestia does have a few eyes on her during her travels with her sister, Jenny.
*Notice: Rough Translation here as well and will be revised to better explain.

The World we Live in

The World of Mesmonia holds 3 island nations, Estellia, a primarily desolate land with, Xoy, the forgotten land where it is said the first race of people were born and Mesia, the land of magic.

Time Information: The current world is under the "C.E" era, which is C`Sta Era, "Final Era" if you will. Each era lasts 10,000 years for obvious reasons which since the creation of Mesmonia, the world has been through the D.E, "Dawn Era", T. E, "Thriving Era", and now "C.E, the "C`Sta era, which is the final era.

Days & Months:  (Earth = Mesmonian)
Spoiler for:
EoE Days -
Monday = Ionsay
Tuesday = Basosay
Wednesday = Kwosay
Thursday = Anosay
Friday = Nakosay
Saturday = Neiosay
Sunday = Nauosay

Mesmonian Months -

Jan = Namea
Feb = Ono
March = Yazua
April = Preza
May = Mosano
June = Essia
July = Esoa
August = Astran
September = Frandasa
October = Uonasia
November = Brast`El
December = Nas`Ul

The Lands

Spoiler for:
Xoy - The Forgotten Land.

In ancient times, long before Humans existed, the Xoyians existed and were one of the more advanced civilizations, before Humans came into the scene. They developed the technology of "warp points", which are found scattered throughout the world. Most are buried in ancient caves, and most lead you the Forsaken Land of Mesia. The Land of Xoy is made up of 3 continents: Rubera, Hyzonia and Lek`Hinya. Largely unpopulated, Xoy does however have a small tribe of people on the Hyzonia continent. The only way to get into Xoy is to find a Xoyian teleportation device somewhere in either Estellia or Mesia.

Estellia - The Barren Land

Estellia is the home of Jenny & Jennestia. This land houses many ancient Xoyian technologies, but few have been discovered. It's home of the legendary Valberd Range, which is said to have connected Estellia with Mesia in Ancient Times. Estellia is made up of 2 continents, Luzada Island and Veseria.

Mesia - The Forsaken land of magic.

Mesia is the largest and most populated area in all of Mesmonia. It's home to many towns, inventions and natural resources. However, Mesia is home of the most dangerous breeds of enemies due to the lack of the Adventurer Program taking off in this part of the world, allowing monsters to run rampant. Being that there are many strong monsters, entry to this area is forbidden, and the only way to gain entrance is via Airship or teleportation device. All sea and cavern routes are closed off, which also means trade is cut off. It's deemed the "Forsaken Land" because it is overrun with strong beasts ,as well as the fact that the majority of people dabble in the Dark Arts. Unlike most nations in the world, Mesia is ruled by 2 leaders, King Astar III and Queen Desonia IV.

Terminology
(Will be updated constantly)
Spoiler for:
Succubus(Succubi) - They're not the sex deviants of the earthly mythical creatures but they are in the same design. Here, they are merely a race of women that encompasses many traits and traditions of previous races that existed before them. Their genes allow people to gain powers that are otherwise unheard of. This is what allows even kids to wield magic and weapons with ease. You will in no way master it at a young age, but you are easily told apart from a normal human if you're infused with Succubus cells.

Other Mesmonian Legends

There are many groups of Scholars in the land of Mesmonia, however there are two groups that really..run the show so to speak, the Scholars of Mesia and the Scholars of Mesmonia. The Mesian Scholars have a different outlook and research method when compared to the Scholars of Mesmonia. Each nation has their own group of Scholars, but these two particular groups are the most renowned and respected. Though different, both groups are interested in one subject and one subject alone..Eternity.

Rysida
Spoiler for:
Scholars of Mesia & the Tome of Rysida

The Scholars of Mesia have been known to support the "Eternity Campaign", which to everyone else; The Adventurer Program..as we know, the Adventurer program is a guise for gathering those that are willing to challenge and defeat the Guardians..though only one group of Adventurers have ever been successful in defeating the guardians many years ago, there wasn't a "Cleansing" in their defeat..which baffled the Scholars, but it lead to something far worse and the Tome of Rysida depicts what will happen if the Guardians and even Eternity herself are not stopped.

The Tome of Rysida

A lost Tome created by the Scholar Lucia Rysida C.E 720-???, which gives a full history of both Ra`Efni, Eternity, the Guardians and 'Eva'. It is said that the Guardians must be defeated in order to weaken Eternity and the only way to stand a chance of defeating a Goddess or even the Guardians is to ask the Elemenetal Spirits who inhabits the crystals for help. This led to the birth of mainstream Evocation. The first use of the Evocation wasn't by 'Summoners' or the "Succubi Guardians', but was used as a form to draw energy from the Crystals to defeat the Guardians. Repeated Evocation of these Elemental spirits in the many failed attempts at defeating the Guardians and Eternity led to the Crystals losing their power. Much like water is a natural resource, the Crystals are also a natural resource and slowly faded into a mass of Dark Crystal, which as Lucia writes in her last entry:

"Shines with an ominous glow that can give even Eternity herself the chills. If you approach these Dark Crystals, you can hear the echoes of what used to be the Elemental Spirits. When a Dark Crystal comes to life, it creates a portal to Ra`Efni, which we can safely assume is a world without Eternity. Could this be a beautiful place? A place full of happiness where we wouldn't have to worry about Eternity and her Cleansing Cycle?..No..."Ra`Efni" means Eternal Darkness..I've attempted to enter, but alas failed many times..until recently. I've met a girl named Eva...she seems nice and very knowledgeable, even surpassing the intellect of the best Scholars in all of Mesmonia!"

The entry further goes into detail about Ra`Efni and how Eternity and her Guardians don't exist there..what does exist there, however...is the fate of awakening her Guardians earlier than expected.

"I, Lucia Rysida, have decided that I will bring to the attention of her majesty that this program must stop. The Guardians should never be awaken prematurely, it is certain doom if they are. This isn't to say, they're evil or out for blood, no not all, this is however to say their powers need a period of recharging every x amount of years if they are to sustain the life of the planet. A premature awakening will mean they won't have the control over their powers and could even turn on Eternity herself. I won't pass off Eternity as being innocent..what I've learned in my time in Ra`Efni is something every mortal needs to know..Eternity is the Manifestation of the planet, Mother Mesmonia if you will..what's that mean you ask? Well, it means--"

The only known entry of this Tome ends there. This tome is most sought after to see if it explains Eternity's behavior and if she truly is good or bad. Though as time went on, the Tome is forever lost in the realm of Ra`Efni and based on one entry and one alone, the Scholars have decided to continue the program, despite warnings.

The Organizations of Mesmonia

Spoiler for:
There are many Organizations in Mesmonia, both Human and Monster. Below are two of the most important Organizations for each, although there are many,these are the two you'll encounter throughout your normal adventure.

The R.D.U (Royal Duelists Unit)
Founded: 829 C.E
Founder: Zheru Ashtur (Female)

These are a group of Female only Duelists. Their talents range from White and Red Magic to Sword Arts. Primarily used in the military of Estellia, they are also tasked with dealing with their rogue members. If you see a Duelist in the area, chances are they are looking for a rogue Duelist, and you should be careful in that area. They're easily identified by their typical "Duelist" outfits.

The Z.T.F (Zeretic Task Force)
Founded: Unknown
Founder: Believed to be Eternity herself

The Zeretic Task Force is a group of Ancient Zeretics. As they are immortal as long as Eternity exists, they never age or speak a word. They're normally sent by Eternity or Zinn to keep an eye on certain people. While they naturally fear Succubi, they are never tasked to seek them out. They have ungodly powers, but are mere puppets on both the outside and inside. Though they can have a "free will",they normally follow the instructions they were built to follow. They're very easily recognized by their distinct lifeless eyes, and the heavy armor they wear.

The Dest (Monster)
Founder: Unknown, however the monsters believe in their own deity.
Monster Family: Dragons(Head), Succubus(Head), Goblins, Seraphims(Scouts) Consumed Adventurers (Basically corrupted souls.)

The Dest are a very feared organization, which is made up of 4 major monster families (though Succubus's are considered human at times.), and a group of Adventurers promised a lavish lifestyle. The head of the Dest is Tamea, a Dragon. She is only ever seen or heard from when the Dest are making a movement against the humans. They aren't at war with the humans, but they do have conflicts at the towers of Mesmonia, which tend to be Tamea's Nesting grounds. The Succubus Co-leader, Roxelle, is believed to be the oldest Succubus still alive,and she's the one responsible for charming Adventurers, both male and female, to do her bidding. She commonly hangs out in major towns in the guise of a potion merchant.

False Zeretics

Founder: Unknown
Monster Family: Undead Adventurers

The False Zeretics are a group of adventurers who are, by definition, undead. To become a member of the False Zeretics, you have to undergo the Zeretic transformation, where a group of Succubi infuse their blood with yours, allowing you to ultimately mimic any ability a monster or player may use in battle. The average lifespan of a False Zeretic is 2 years after surgery,which is thought of as the "Trial Period". If you survive (by not succumbing to the insanity brought on by memories of the Succubi),you're a member. Despite leading a destructive lifestyle, the perks are immense,letting you wield any weapon, learn/use any magic, and even some monster abilities. After you've been killed off, which is inevitable, the group's Necromancer will raise you from your bloody grave, making you into his or her pet for the rest of your undead life.

The Sky Pirates
Founded: Unknown, but around the period of Airship manufacturing.
Founder: Ryan Ourgalles
Members: 20

The Sky Pirates are a group of pirates that utilizes stolen airships to carry out tasks for themselves or even as mercany work for king/queendoms.

Characters
(Main Characters for now - will update tomorrow with more and pictures and the like)

Spoiler for:
Jenny
Succubus Gene Line: Dark (Dark Knight)
Weapon of Choice: Scythe
Bio: Jenny is the main character of Echoes of Eternity. She was born to a Succubus mother. She doesn't know her Mother completely as she was always in hiding, but she pops around every now and then and speaks to her through a good friend, Byu. She mastered the scythe at the age of 16 when she was training with her mother's friend, Byu, and eventually learned how to tap into her Dark Knight abilitie.

Jennestia
Age: Unknown, believed to be younger than Jenny, estimated age 15 (Spoilers for her real age though.)
Succubus Gene Line: Full Blooded
Weapon of Choice: Sword
Bio: Jennestia is the sister of Jenny, however due to her special nature of being a Paladin class, there are many questions, could she be her real sister? How did they end up together? No one but Jennestia knows the answer, however she hides it through her "cute young innocence." She has the abilities of a Paladin and can tap into the 'spirit realm' where she can hear the voices of the Guardians and even Eternity herself which she will occasionally converse with Eternity through dreams to find out why she feels out of place and what she is..seeing as since day one of her knowing Jenny..she grew at an extrodinary rate compared to her sister..and anyone else for that matter class wise.

Raz
Succubus Gene Line: None.
Weapon of Choice: Daggers
Bio: Raz is a mysterious character, all that is known is that he's an ex-adventurer and decided living the life of a "Thief" would be better suited for his tastes of adventure. (More is revealed about him throughout the story.)

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

The Mysterious Guardian speaks. (The language is readable, it's just to give an illusion its an ancient language.)

The Sideview ATB Battle system (Enu's)

First Steps out of Damei Town, showcasing a feature used for the world map, reijubv's resize script.

The Quest/Mission system, by your favorite Modern Alegbra. Generally there's Scenario Quests which is the main storyline i.e "The Beginning", and standard side quests, i.e "Good Deed".

(More soon)

Demo

Spoiler for:
~Update

As I'm looking for feedback while the project is still in it's early and conceptual stages, I'll upload the latest concept demo that actually has a bit of gameplay in it.

[!] Important Information

While there are some cutscenes and the like created, a lot of the story elements aren't present, just the very early stuff as I'm mainly looking for feedback on the general flow and idea of the game and the playability, balance and the like. I'm in the process of translating the rest of the events and cutscene for the English version, but before I continue I would like some feedback on what I have created thus far.

Things I'm already aware of, but would still like feedback on
Spoiler for:
  • Monster Balance may be off, everything is killable from start to finish and bosses are indeed killable, but some may be too tough or too weak etc. Aside being a remake this is one of my first "modern" projects on a modern maker, I've only played around with RMXP before but never made a project.
  • The English dialog needs cleaning up, this I'm well aware of :)
  • "Invisible Walls" - This is to prevent the player from proceeding to a certain point till everything is presently done. This is only in the concept demo.
  • While I believe this is an error in the battle script, but battle messages may appear off center.
  • The game officially ends at the Sanctum Entrance, however the demo ending is once you reach the Subterrane.

Demo Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?q1zr2227qd18295

Requirements:
Special Font, see Attached File.
RTP installed.

Script List
Spoiler for:
'File Missing Error' Preventer
Yanfly Engine Zealous - Core Fixes and Upgrades
Yanfly modified KGC Extended Equip Scene.
Yanfly Engine Melody - Main Menu Melody
KGC_SkillCPSystem 
Unlimit Parameters - KGC_LimitBreak
TSBS Animated Battler Hue Restore
BGM Continuance - KGC_ContinueBGM
Tankentai Sideview Battle System (ATB edition)
Window Selectable Max
Steal Skill - KGC_Steal
Skill Functions 2.3 by Mithran
State Icon Animation
Enemy Animated Battlers for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
Enemy Equipped Weapon Addon for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
Win32API Interface - KGC_InterfaceForWin32API
Event Lag Reduction - KGC_MapLightening
STEMB_Base v0.8
STREB_Base v0.8
STR07_MapBattleback v1.1
STR02_MapAntiLag
STR04_DisplayMapName
STR20_GetInfo v1.2
Synthesize Items - KGC_ComposeItem
STR11h_XP_BattleResult v1.2
Advanced Help
ICY Title Screen (+ additional required scripts)
Zoom Script
Neo Save System V
Shanghai Simple Script - Enemy Linked Deaths
SwapXT
[RGSS2] RATS -Rafidelis Advanced Time System
Yanfly Engine Melody - Skill Overhaul/Level/Equipment system
Quest Journal +addons
Improved Damage

Credits and Thanks
See Attachment as the post is long enough haha. Thanks for taking the time to read, and feedback as usual, is welcomed and again I apologize for my poor spelling and grammar of the English Language, I will be fixing it as soon as possible, tomorrow~

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:55:57 PM by Jennestia »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
This looks... good!
I would enjoy a scripts list though, despite your screenies of some of them.
Your english looks quite good throughout, but everyone's suspect to make mistakes. Your project and world is forming very nicely.
I look forward to seeing this project in its completion.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
k added script list and thank you :D updating topic soon and maybe releasing the concept demo.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Update~

As I've mentioned that I use a synthesis system I'll go into further detail about it's implementation.

• Weapon and Armor upgrading.
  • Status enhancing medicine creation.

These are the 2 main purposes of the system in place. For example, in this game armor and weapons while not rare to find, aren't the greatest weapons and armor you can use, it must be created through synthesis throughout the game as one of the long term goals. You have the basic set of armors and weapons then you have the set of weapon and armors through crafting only.

A good mainstream example is Final Fantasy XIII, where there are multiple paths and alternate weapons, here, you have say:

Necro Scythe; This is the scythe created through synthesis as you find the materials and it will eventually become the Astere Scythe, which is the final Scythe synthesis wise.

Then you have:

Copper Scythe; Which is the alternate to the Necro Scythe that you can find in a dungeon or given through a series of quests.

Basics.

Synthesis  format is as follows:

1. Crystal Shard - Always required, and very cheap to buy at synthesis shops or found in bulk in treasure chests (generally 30-40 are in a chest.)
2. Item you need - If its weapon upgrades, the Base Weapon, Stage 2 Weapon, Stage 3 Weapon, Stage 4 Weapon or Stage 5 Weapon.
3. Speak to the NPC/Shop and choose Synthesize.

Upgrading from one stage to the next.

In this example, (The Scythe) we start off with:

Then you gather the required item to synthesize, which would be 4x Bronze Ore and 1x Pixie Scales, which will turn this scythe into the stage 2 scythe: Pixie Scythe.

I'll add more info again next time. The system isn't fully incorporated into the concept demo I'll be releasing, but the basic crafting system is incorporated to make basic items just to test out the balance of how many/soon people should get these items.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty cool. Good work so far!

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Thanks :) Just in the process of revising and redoing a bit of stuff :D. Also~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3oC6yooyU&playnext=1&list=PL89B490F40A73D6ED

A preview of some of the songs used in the game. Original composer is listed in description, I just recomposed them slightly to fit the theme of my game.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
~Update

As I'm looking for feedback while the project is still in it's early and conceptual stages, I'll upload the latest concept demo that actually has a bit of gameplay in it.

[!] Important Information

While there are some cutscenes and the like created, a lot of the story elements aren't present, just the very early stuff as I'm mainly looking for feedback on the general flow and idea of the game and the playability, balance and the like. I'm in the process of translating the rest of the events and cutscene for the English version, but before I continue I would like some feedback on what I have created thus far.

Things I'm already aware of, but would still like feedback on
Spoiler for:
  • Monster Balance may be off, everything is killable from start to finish and bosses are indeed killable, but some may be too tough or too weak etc. Aside being a remake this is one of my first "modern" projects on a modern maker, I've only played around with RMXP before but never made a project.
  • The English dialog needs cleaning up, this I'm well aware of :)
  • "Invisible Walls" - This is to prevent the player from proceeding to a certain point till everything is presently done. This is only in the concept demo.
  • While I believe this is an error in the battle script, but battle messages may appear off center.
  • The game officially ends at the Sanctum Entrance, however the demo ending is once you reach the Subterrane.

Demo Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?q1zr2227qd18295

Requirements:
Special Font, see Attached File.
RTP installed.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Here's some feedback (I type as I play, so what I think of the game should come smoothly)

The music is great, and I really like the title screen. One thing I noticed though is that when someone has a lot of text, the text box stretches upward, which makes a giant blank space above the face graphic, which just looks unappealing to me. The menu (especially the status menu) is really cool, although the biography should be a bit larger in text (unless it evolves as the story goes on). In the main house, I don't think you need that door sitting on the edge of the room, unless you remove that second block to the right of it, it looks strange. Now, I'm outside, and I've noticed that your mapping is great, and again, the music sets the mood perfectly. The Time System is a good touch as well. Lol, I think it'd be a good idea to rename 'Pheonix Down' as well, unless this is a final fantasy fan game, or it's just used as a reference to the game... then it's alright. I like how you shrink down the character while in the overworld as well, though overworlds aren't meant to be realistic, at least this is a step toward it. But, the combat is cool by the way that combat initiates by zooming into the character, but it's not very cool when I have to see the enlarged head of the character in the middle of the screen. I also think you should redo the Steal animation, as it looks like a spell, which stealing shouldn't really require magic... unless it does... I think you should remove the tutorial monster as well, or put it a bit earlier, because by the time you actually reach your sister, you most likely would have encountered a monster by then. Or you could turn on encounters only after you've spoken with your sister. The skill system, which took me a while to notice, is great. I feel like the woman in front of the cave was pretty random. I liked the boss fight though, it was difficult, but it was more than just attacking, (I used that snazzy barrier crystal) so you did a good job there. But, the Hyoshin creature was a bit more difficult, though i still came out on top, the shell crystal helped with that. So, I'm thinking items will mean a lot in the sway of battles, which is cool, because I am quite the item hoarder. And... that's where I stopped playing, I had something to attend to.

But, great game, I look forward to more progress indeed.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Thanks for feedback :D

Some things are minor tweaks, for example the tutorial fight I actually move but forgot to change the switches around that activates the random encounters after, so that's a minor thing I caught after I uploaded.

Re: Zoom:

I plan to tweak this as well, so thanks for the feedback on that ^^.

Re: Danya:

It does seem random but it'll be explained in a cutscene for the next version.

Re: Biography text:

It wasn't fully translated since I did the menu portions last before uploading, so it will be fully translated for the next version for sure. I'm also working on a small tutorial type thing explaining the functions. The Steal thing I believe is native towards how the battle system handles skills, but I'll be working it in as a command rather than skill.

Re: Box Stretching:

Yeah this is due to the way Japanese text is and when translated I didn't reword it too much, I'm working on redoing the wording now actually.

Re: Battles:

Yep. Items will be a very big part of how the tide of battle tips as well as your overall character growth.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:20:40 PM by Jennestia »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I just got around to playing a bit more of the game. I found that in Unestia, on the southwestern end is a food place I believe, the door swings open but doesn't allow access. And my Soultaker skill isn't working.

Also I noticed that the Slime Oil drop rates are pretty high, but they sell for 1439 each, I had 40 at the time, so i got a nice chunk of money, which seems odd.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
I just got around to playing a bit more of the game. I found that in Unestia, on the southwestern end is a food place I believe, the door swings open but doesn't allow access. And my Soultaker skill isn't working.

Also I noticed that the Slime Oil drop rates are pretty high, but they sell for 1439 each, I had 40 at the time, so i got a nice chunk of money, which seems odd.

Yeah drop rates are high for this test demo, It's going to be lower when I finalize everything. Mainly were testing if the rate of HP it gives the player for example would overpower the player or not for that area, since it is a bit hard to balance stat boosting, leveling and enemy stats to take into consideration if the player has so much extra (stat) or not.

Re: Soultaker

Since it's a custom skill (scripted) I believe a script I added kind of glitched it out since it's a skill that can critical but leave the enemy at 1 HP if it were to deal more HP than the enemy/player has. I'll check it out :D In Unestia I'm still designing the interior areas so only the pivotal area is accessible (the main building) for this demo.

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Spoiler for:
EoE Days -
Monday = Ionsay
Tuesday = Basosay
Wednesday = Kwosay
Thursday = Anosay
Friday = Nakosay
Saturday = Neiosay
Sunday = Nauosay

Mesmonian Months -

Jan = Namea
Feb = Ono
March = Yazua
April = Preza
May = Mosano
June = Essia
July = Esoa
August = Astran
September = Frandasa
October = Uonasia
November = Brast`El
December = Nas`U[/s]

I haven't played the demo yet, just a quick question before trying out the demo ~
Is the above information used widely in the game or it is just shown here in the topic but not the game itself? Normally, if a game that has too much info dump at the beginning (like this, completely new months/days of the weeks), I tend to skip it all together since it's pretty annoying and confusing trying to grab what the developers mean. Same with the screenshot that has "ancient text", I hope it's not used in the whole dialogue and just one or two sentences and the players aren't required to actually read them to understand?
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I don't know fully of Jennestia's intents, but I didn't notice any word of the time system in the demo, maybe it'll be shown later though but I don't know. And the ancient text wasn't shown too much in the demo either, and when it was, there was a translator to tell you what was being said by the person speaking in the ancient language.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Spoiler for:
EoE Days -
Monday = Ionsay
Tuesday = Basosay
Wednesday = Kwosay
Thursday = Anosay
Friday = Nakosay
Saturday = Neiosay
Sunday = Nauosay

Mesmonian Months -

Jan = Namea
Feb = Ono
March = Yazua
April = Preza
May = Mosano
June = Essia
July = Esoa
August = Astran
September = Frandasa
October = Uonasia
November = Brast`El
December = Nas`U[/s]

I haven't played the demo yet, just a quick question before trying out the demo ~
Is the above information used widely in the game or it is just shown here in the topic but not the game itself? Normally, if a game that has too much info dump at the beginning (like this, completely new months/days of the weeks), I tend to skip it all together since it's pretty annoying and confusing trying to grab what the developers mean. Same with the screenshot that has "ancient text", I hope it's not used in the whole dialogue and just one or two sentences and the players aren't required to actually read them to understand?

For this test demo it's not that present, just at the beginning of the game but as Hiro said, there's a person that translates it. The days of week and month are only present in the time box. There is a book in your beginning house that lists it, but as its a test demo, I didnt add in and translate a lot of dialog yet so it won't be a ton of beyond the beginning.

If you've played Zelda link to the past, think of how there's only select places where the hylian language is present.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Just a small update~

I'll likely have a lot more stuff translated and implemented so a new demo will be out probably over the weekend if all goes well. Also, from the previous demo (a version that wasn't posted, this one was a lot more touched up) here's a video I posted on one of the boss fights showing a low level fight version this boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-q-LcR-fE&feature=channel_video_title

Since then, however, I adjusted her difficulty so she would be a lot easier to kill even at lowerish levels.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Just a small update on the synthesis stuff and various other things. While it's not a complex system and merely material change, I've decided on the following:

"Elemental Weapons"

Basically, like upgrading to the ultimate forms, you can upgrade a base weapon (buyable from Damei town only) with elemental ore instead. Say you want a scythe with fire damage or water damage etc, you obtain the proper elemental ore which you get from elemental enemies or find in "offshoot caverns" and choose that synthesis instead of the main path -- Basically would be good to carry around multiple weapon types since some bosses and enemies may only be damaged by the proper opposing element. Due to this I'm thinking of scripting a change equipment in battle script unless there's one already created.

"Offshoot caverns"

These are caverns that serve zero purpose to the main storyline but will be scattered throughout the land with the purpose of synthesis materials acquisition and optional bosses. Some quests will have you go to them, but they're completely optional but suggested if you want to create as much of a variety of armor and weapons as possible.

For a quick reference, the Scythe line of weapons are as Follows:

Spoiler for:
Base Scythe - Ultimate Weapon
Level 2 - "Azien Scythe"
Level 3 - "Pixie Scythe" (Added a level, so this is now the level 3 scythe given the time and place you'll be able to even make this)
Level 4 - "Yume Scythe"
Level 5 - "Xilestene Scythe"
Level 6 - "Celestial Scythe"
Ultimate - "Astere Scythe"

Base Scythe - Element Path
Fire Scythe
Water Scythe
Wind Scythe
Earthen Scythe
Frost Scythe
Sagacious Scythe (Holy)
Necra Scythe (Umbra)
Shattering Scythe (Thunder)
Zarazin Scythe (Non-Elemental: Bypasses all elemental and physical resistance)

So basically, giving the player a lot of choices in their weapon selection but also can play heavily into battle strategies so it'll be wise to complete as many weapons as possible, but in terms of alternate (stuff you find in dungeons and whatnot) they'll exist but not be as good.

"Ancient Language"

The Succubi Sanctum (2nd dungeon of the game) will have NPCs and text that are in the ancient language but it's nothing that will be too intregal to your progression as you'll have a Scholar party member for that dungeon to translate everything for you if you ask her to. If you however don't have the Scholar party member, you won't be impeded progress but you'll miss out on clues where treasure is located which you will end up finding if you explore thoroughly regardless.

"AT/AE Effects"

On certain armor and weapons there will be AT/AE effects, which are Additional and Added Effects. The Additional Effects are things like Elemental and resistance by pass types, while Added are things like Blind, Poison, de-guard etc -- so it'll be important to take note what weapon has AT and AE on them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:24:56 PM by Jennestia »

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Alright, been sick so didnt get much work done the past few weeks, but the post above this one is pretty much what's being worked on currently. What will be in the next concept demo version will be the parts leading up to the 2nd town, Ru`lazro; This includes the rest of the Subterrane areas, The Succubi Sanctum unlocked, the rest of the Badia fields areas and the Astar Castle Sewers.

Also if you play it over, all of the dialog is more accurately translated and properly formatted as well as more cutscenes and dialog translated to better flesh out certain situations (e.g meeting with Danya.)

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Just a very small but quick update~

Still in the process of translating everything in the next version as well as rebalancing, it's been an on and off thing the past monthish due to illness and getting busy with other projects I do (those subbed to me on youtube will know this.) But it should be done fairly soon for the Public demo, which will differ from the concept demo in the fact it's the finalized version of a lot of features and so on and has the full story implemented.

I didn't get as much feedback as I'd like, which I guess not a lot of feedback is usually a sign it's not that horrible lol.