RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Luna's Windowskins

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
In the process of making some custom things for my project, I've created a windowskin that didn't turn out half-bad. Since I'm not going to use it, I figured it was best to offer it to the community.

Windowskin 1: Fancy

Screenshots:

Windowskin 2: Nature

Screenshots:

Terms of Use:
Free for use in commercial and non-commercial projects. Please credit me (Lunarea).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:56:30 PM by modern algebra »
My current project:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It's kinda cute ;)
Two things catch my attention though; the background seems quite bland to me. Maybe a fadeout on the purple would be nice. The other thing is the border: the verticals are straight lines with bracket curves at the end, and the horizontals are chains. It just seems kind of odd to me, but it still looks good.
Much like all of your work :)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, it is very nice but I agree with Pacman that the background could be a little more textured. I don't know if a gradient would do it, but you could add something to the repeating pattern as well that would give it a little more character. All in all, great work!

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
Thanks for the feedback!

The points you raise are good, but some of it depends on personal preference. I usually go for a basic simplicity, myself. So, I pretty much erase the gradients or patterns in windowskins. But I realize other people really like them, so I'll see if I can add a subtle texture.

The "side" double-border looked too plain across the whole window, and the links looked too busy when surrounding the window. This was a best of both worlds alternative. I encourage everyone to change it up as they see fit, though :3
My current project:

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Added a new windowskin :3
My current project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I love the new windowskin! (+ rep)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
I cant see from here but I smell your fear